Uncharted 2: GOTY - $29.99 @ Amazon (PS3)

Was looking to have a second copy of my favorite PS3 game. I might just bite as this is the GOTY version and I have the regular version. I have 2 PS3's so I can play this with my g/f now(co-op modes). Have to decide. Hmmm.

I played through this and loved every minute. I'm looking to re-buy this to put back into my collection, but $15 is my price point. If anyone wants to sell their copy to upgrade to the GOTY, PM me.

[quote name='FactionG']So it's greatest hits now? (Judging by the price)[/QUOTE]

Well not offilicially yet but it wouldn't surprise me if they do it soon with UC3 right around the corner.

[quote name='FactionG']So it's greatest hits now? (Judging by the price)[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is. Expect 2-3 more threads on it, along with posts about God of War 3 being $29.96 too.

noob, but is there any difference between this and GOTY? i sold my reg edition from my ps3 BF bundle because there was a GOTY version already

[quote name='mtxbass1']Yes, it is. Expect 2-3 more threads on it, along with posts about God of War 3 being $29.96 too.[/QUOTE]

Is there anything official about those games going to $29.99 on the net? I can't find anything. If they are it might be better to order soon unless you want those ugly red cases.

[quote name='3rdbass']Is there anything official about those games going to $29.99 on the net? I can't find anything. If they are it might be better to order soon unless you want those ugly red cases.[/QUOTE]
The GH cases may not necessarily be in solid red now. There are some newer GH titles that are in regular case; only the artwork and disc have the GH banner on them.

One example is Batman AA GOTY.

[quote name='eau']The GH cases may not necessarily be in solid red now. There are some newer GH titles that are in regular case; only the artwork and disc have the GH banner on them.

One example is Batman AA GOTY.[/QUOTE]

Ok really which ones? Still I don't think I want my disc or gamebook to have it either. Yep it looks like these prices are universal price drop. Should see a new entry on the playstation blog about these(UC2 GOTY, GOW3) joining the greatest hits collection soon.

Yeah. I'd normally prefer the black labels over the GH labels (for collection purposes) unless the GH offers additional contents or goodies such as added DLCs in Midnight Club LA Complete Collection (GH).

[quote name='3rdbass']Is there anything official about those games going to $29.99 on the net? I can't find anything. If they are it might be better to order soon unless you want those ugly red cases.[/QUOTE]

Officially? not quite yet, but with Best Buy putting God of War 3 for $29.99 this coming weekend, along with Mod Nation Racers, and many people reporting Walmart has heavy rain for $29.96, it's just a matter of time. The trend has been that some retail stores get about a 1-2 week early window before the announcement is "official".

Yeah, this is a universal price drop. I saw the same at Wally World today with a sticker on the game advertising the new price.

[quote name='jling84']Going to wait until the 9.99 price point.[/QUOTE]

The only time you will see that is BF. If you can wait for that cool otherwise you missing out on a great game at a great price even if you don't play online with it(MP and Co-op).

Weird back up to $39.99 on Amazon. Best Buy still has it for $29.99. I guess they are waiting for the official announcement(GH Status) on Amazon and Walmart.com.

[quote name='3rdbass']Weird back up to $39.99 on Amazon. Best Buy still has it for $29.99. I guess they are waiting for the official announcement(GH Status) on Amazon and Walmart.com.[/QUOTE]

Amazon still have it for $29.99, what you're seeing is another seller, which for some reason Amazon is defaulting to. Look on the "other buying options" pane on the right and you'll see the Amazon price.

[quote name='3rdbass']Amazon still have it for $29.99, what you're seeing is another seller, which for some reason Amazon is defaulting to. Look on the "other buying options" pane on the right and you'll see the Amazon price.[/QUOTE]

Because amazon is out of stock. 2-4 week delay.

[quote name='limelight022']Damn, no wonder i cant sell mine for $30 lately.[/QUOTE]

Trade it on GOOZEX.

[quote name='benjamouth']Amazon still have it for $29.99, what you're seeing is another seller, which for some reason Amazon is defaulting to. Look on the "other buying options" pane on the right and you'll see the Amazon price.[/QUOTE]

Good catch. I'm normally pretty good with noticing that. I still don't know why Amazon does that unlesss they get a nice kickback from the 3rd party vendor for having their stuff sell on their site.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Officially? not quite yet, but with Best Buy putting God of War 3 for $29.99 this coming weekend, along with Mod Nation Racers, and many people reporting Walmart has heavy rain for $29.96, it's just a matter of time. The trend has been that some retail stores get about a 1-2 week early window before the announcement is "official".[/QUOTE]
So basicaly if it is Greatest hits this will be the new MSRP, than I think is worth to wait for better deal price in close future.

I've already hit my spending quota for this month, and in an effort to maintain my discipline I'm going to refrain from buying this. But if I can grab this on March 1st for 29.99 I'm all over it.

Didn't feel like waiting for the back-order so I picked it up at Best Buy instead. Since I'm 99% sure I won't be playing this game online, is there any reason for me to keep the DLC? If not, I'll probably just sell the dlc to reduce the overall cost of the game.

[quote name='TheShepherdSauce']Didn't feel like waiting for the back-order so I picked it up at Best Buy instead. Since I'm 99% sure I won't be playing this game online, is there any reason for me to keep the DLC? If not, I'll probably just sell the dlc to reduce the overall cost of the game.[/QUOTE]
The DLC includes:
Flaming helmet (online use)
Pelican Avatar prop

So if you dont care about that shit, sell it. The flaming helmet is what fetches the most money. When I sold my codes, I did them all as a bundle. Which is what I think most of us have done with them.

bread's done
Back