Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition (PS3) $29.99 at Best Buy

[quote name='jondy1703']There's nothing wrong, they all either got picked up by the same person or online/in-store pickup'd. Same happened here. Saw 3 copies at my local best buy yesterday, all gone today.[/QUOTE]

Yes there is somthing wrong with BB site.
i looked at the site today and it said my local store was out of stock, but when i called they still had 1. so no body should depend on bestbuy's instock/out stock area on thier web site.
and im not the only one that said that on this thread, a lot of people had the same problem.

[quote name='Alex121006']Yes there is somthing wrong with BB site.
i looked at the site today and it said my local store was out of stock, but when i called they still had 1. so no body should depend on bestbuy's instock/out stock area on thier web site.
and im not the only one that said that on this thread, a lot of people had the same problem.[/QUOTE]

Yes its known that when BB has less than 3 of an item in stock, it will show up as unavailable on the site.

[quote name='Alex121006']Yes there is somthing wrong with BB site.
and im not the only one that said that on this thread, a lot of people had the same problem.[/QUOTE]

It is fairly well known that the BB online stock tracker will not show if there are only a couple of an item in stock. Common consensus seems to be 3 or more will show in stock online.

If you didn't know before, now you do :)

Edit: Ninja'd

[quote name='SolarUxie']Yeah the site told me my best buy had none but when i went there were like 5 copies lol[/QUOTE]

Ok, that is a bit of an oddity :whistle2:#

[quote name='godsmack13']It is fairly well known that the BB online stock tracker will not show if there are only a couple of an item in stock. Common consensus seems to be 3 or more will show in stock online.

If you didn't know before, now you do :)

Edit: Ninja'd

Ok, that is a bit of an oddity :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

this is the exact reason why i dont like to order or check web sites for in store stock.
and if there is a special deal or a discounted price, half of the time you ad it to the kart, it does not give you a sale price or gives some other kind of glitch. thats why i only go in to the store.

[quote name='Gideon68']I bought the last one on the shelf from Colma, CA in the Bay Area and also got Portal 2 and White Knight Chronicles 2.[/QUOTE]

Stay out of my BB! J/k i am glad someone on here got it. That copy has been looking lonely for months.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Good Luck to those of you trying to sell these or are keeping yours sealed. Mine, SERIOUSLY, does not have the game. No other stores have it for milessss!!!![/QUOTE]
You are the 2nd person reporting empty case with no game. The other guy called his store and they opened up a regular version and gave him the game. Maybe you can try that.

I opened up mine and it had the game. A nice little CE for $30 bucks. They are all sold out now at the Best Buy in Williston, VT

[quote name='Alex121006']this is the exact reason why i dont like to order or check web sites for in store stock.
and if there is a special deal or a discounted price, half of the time you ad it to the kart, it does not give you a sale price or gives some other kind of glitch. thats why i only go in to the store.[/QUOTE]

Can't say i disagree with your reasoning, I usually don't trust them entirely myself, just use them as an indicator of possibilities. More inclined to make a point to make the trip if they actually say in stock, and only stop in if I'm nearby otherwise. It helps that I do a lot of driving for work ;)

[quote name='United_Korea']is my order status supposed to change if it's ready for pickup? mine has been at order in process for over 16 hours.[/QUOTE]
What a shitty situation. The only time I experience this is when I sometimes order late in the evening (near closing time). In this case, you might be SOL if they haven't sent you a confirmation by now. People have been picking these up all day.

[quote name='godsmack13']Can't say i disagree with your reasoning, I usually don't trust them entirely myself, just use them as an indicator of possibilities. More inclined to make a point to make the trip if they actually say in stock, and only stop in if I'm nearby otherwise. It helps that I do a lot of driving for work ;)[/QUOTE]

exactly, i agree with you 100%.

[quote name='United_Korea']is my order status supposed to change if it's ready for pickup? mine has been at order in process for over 16 hours.[/QUOTE]
Call customer service. This happened to me once -- employees missed the pickup sheet in the morning and it had to be pushed to the store again. You may be SOL here, though. Your copy left inventory and couldn't be ordered online for in-store pickup, but may very well have been sold off the floor to a walk-in customer.

Saw this on another forum. I want to know which BestBuy this guy shops at.
I'm counting 7 uncharteds here unless there's one hidden behind the boxes.
UPLYc.jpg

UPLYc

[quote name='tenzor']Wait, was Syndicate or Gravity Rush on sale also at Best Buy? Why did he buy multiple copies of those games.[/QUOTE]
He grabbed things that he thinks will resell for a relatively high percentage of their current MSRP, either because the markdown is new or because the game is new. Hence Syndicate, which recently dropped to $30 MSRP and Gravity Rush, which is new. Portal is backordered online, but he should have gone for PS3 instead of 360. Steam connectivity = preferred platform = better resale. He probably thought he'd do well with the FFXIII-2's since they're got the exclusive novella, but he's in for an unpleasant surprise there.

All in all, a mixed bag for a flipper friend. He'll make a decent amount, but probably less than he thought when leaving the store, and it'll probably take a bit more hustle than he's expecting, too. He should have gone for first party Nintendo titles. That stuff moves FAST.

[quote name='@FIF']He probably thought he'd do well with the FFXIII-2's since they're got the exclusive novella, but he's in for an unpleasant surprise there.[/QUOTE]

that made me laugh

[quote name='@FIF']He grabbed things that he thinks will resell for a relatively high percentage of their current MSRP, either because the markdown is new or because the game is new. Hence Syndicate, which recently dropped to $30 MSRP and Gravity Rush, which is new. Portal's backorders online, so that was a no-brainer, too. He probably thought he'd do well with the FFXIII-2's since they're got the exclusive novella, but he's in for an unpleasant surprise there.[/QUOTE]

I may be naive but if he/she is using eBay I just do not see too much profit in that pile.

[quote name='testaroo']Saw this on another forum. I want to know which BestBuy this guy shops at.
UPLYc.jpg

UPLYc
[/QUOTE]
Does anyone know what state or part of the country he is in?

[quote name='PublikDefender']Does anyone know what state or part of the country he is in?[/QUOTE]
Where ever he is, that's pretty lucky to find Novella FF XIII-2 now, my BBY ran out of that even before the coupons.

[quote name='TooPoor']Where ever he is, that's pretty lucky to find Novella FF XIII-2 now, my BBY ran out of that even before the coupons.[/QUOTE]

What's special about the novella? Doesn't the collector's edition have it?

[quote name='testaroo']What's special about the novella? Doesn't the collector's edition have it?[/QUOTE]

Just a book and slip case, other than that it's a regular version.

My BB still has a good 5+ FFX Novellas and I checked today, they still had the same stack of 5 UC3 CEs I saw last week.

[quote name='TooPoor']Where ever he is, that's pretty lucky to find Novella FF XIII-2 now, my BBY ran out of that even before the coupons.[/QUOTE]

My local BB still has them. Still over 20 U3 CEs too. They always have a ton of stuff.

Seriously? Mine has like 50 of them, and a bunch of CE's. Manager tried putting them on special to clear shelf space and still couldn't get them out the door. Flipper Bro paid $40 a pop for his but will be lucky to sell them for $30 w/ free shipping on eBay, so $23-25 per copy after fees (depending on his mailing costs). Loss there more than wipes out his gain on the freebie.

This is why flippers aren't all so bad. He just sunk a bunch of time and a fair amount of capital into a pile of games that he's going to end up selling to clueless people who don't usually hunt for deals at less than MSRP.

[quote name='testaroo']Saw this on another forum. I want to know which BestBuy this guy shops at.

UPLYc
[/QUOTE]

Goodness... that's like hoarding.:shock:

I don't know why I always get angry when I see pictures like that of people hoarding, and then reselling. Really unfortunate for those who actually want the game or CE to keep.

So...

I managed to catch this thread around noon today and 3 local stores had Uncharted 3 CEs in stock. I placed an order for in-store pick up as soon as I could. And about an hour later, all stores were listed "unavailable." :whistle2:o

I swung by Best Buy a few hours ago with the intention of getting my pick up...but I HAD to see if there were any UC3 CE copies left. In the PS3 section, one lone copy sat there in MINT condition (I was mesmerized :drool:). So my thinking went from "Oh, I'll just get my pick up" to "Okay, what other two games can I find for b2g1?" in excitement. I had only planned on getting Uncharted 3, but I figured it would be cheaper overall if I could find two other games.

In my experience at this BB, I figured it would be a hassle to try and cancel at Customer Service and then try to re-buy or try to cancel and just have them ring up the second copy of UC3 still there (it was 15 minutes before closing time...I just wanted to get in and out :lol:).

So I ended up getting Portal 2 for Xbox 360, Halo Reach (I lost my launch copy over a year ago) and that copy of Uncharted 3 for $76.xx. I was gonna spend the $30 on Uncharted 3 anyway, so $20 plus tax for Halo and Portal 2 each was the price I was hoping I could get them for a while. Now it looks like I'll have to cancel that pick up order...after I make sure that my copy came with a game disc. :lol: Thanks, OP. :applause:

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']So...

I managed to catch this thread around noon today and 3 local stores had Uncharted 3 CEs in stock. I placed an order for in-store pick up as soon as I could. And about an hour later, all stores were listed "unavailable." :whistle2:o

I swung by Best Buy a few hours ago with the intention of getting my pick up...but I HAD to see if there were any UC3 CE copies left. In the PS3 section, one lone copy sat there in MINT condition (I was mesmerized :drool:). So my thinking went from "Oh, I'll just get my pick up" to "Okay, what other two games can I find for b2g1?" in excitement. I had only planned on getting Uncharted 3, but I figured it would be cheaper overall if I could find two other games.

In my experience at this BB, I figured it would be a hassle to try and cancel at Customer Service and then try to re-buy or try to cancel and just have them ring up the second copy of UC3 still there (it was 15 minutes before closing time...I just wanted to get in and out :lol:).

So I ended up getting Portal 2 for Xbox 360, Halo Reach (I lost my launch copy over a year ago) and that copy of Uncharted 3 for $76.xx. I was gonna spend the $30 on Uncharted 3 anyway, so $20 plus tax for Halo and Portal 2 each was the price I was hoping I could get them for a while. Now it looks like I'll have to cancel that pick up order...after I make sure that my copy came with a game disc. :lol: Thanks, OP. :applause:[/QUOTE]

My store had a lot of the U3 CEs. I received my $10 coupons after I placed my order. I'm going to return my copy and buy 3 of the U3 CEs to take advantage of the b2g1 offer. 1 for another CAG at cost plus shipping. So, his cost is about the same as if he were buying only 1 copy. I'll keep 1 and try and sell the other one on Ebay or to another CAG at cost plus shipping.

[quote name='testaroo']How are games missing in CE? Shop lifters pulling the game out of the box b/c they dont' have barcodes in?[/QUOTE]

Probably returning the CE w/out the game inside. I purchased a Deus Ex AE and there wasn't a game inside.

Wow either you guys have good selection stores or the store I go to sucks.
I tried so hard to find the novella FFXIII-2 during the coupon sale, even asked 2 different reps to check in the back.

eBay prices on the U3 CE are as low as $54 now, which is maybe $3 profit if counting $10 shipping (don't know the cost of shipping though) :lol:

[quote name='TooPoor']Wow either you guys have good selection stores or the store I go to sucks.
I tried so hard to find the novella FFXIII-2 during the coupon sale, even asked 2 different reps to check in the back.

eBay prices on the U3 CE are as low as $54 now, which is maybe $3 profit if counting $10 shipping (don't know the cost of shipping though) :lol:[/QUOTE]

Parcel post is going to be around $11 to Cali or NY. Both are about equidistant from me. However, distance is a determining factor of the cost. The closer one lives to the shipper, the cheaper the shipping cost. I'm afraid I might get stuck w/ one if I buy 3.

damn i have wanted this CE forever. but it says not available at any stores near me. any chance my store will still have it if i run up there tomorrow?

[quote name='41down']damn i have wanted this CE forever. but it says not available at any stores near me. any chance my store will still have it if i run up there tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
There is always a probability that is greater than 0, depends on if you feel luck or not...Because as people pointed out, oos means 1-3 in stock sometimes.

[quote name='41down']damn i have wanted this CE forever. but it says not available at any stores near me. any chance my store will still have it if i run up there tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I think there's a chance they might have it.
My store always says, "out of stock" but when I get there they always have 1 or 2 left.

But every store is different, and it depends on how many people in your area knows about these sales.

how am i gonna get the $10 coupon for ordering online and picking up the items in the store?

Placed the order on sunday, picked them up today. Got a thank you email for picking them up but no $10 coupons...

[quote name='testaroo']How are games missing in CE? Shop lifters pulling the game out of the box b/c they dont' have barcodes in?[/QUOTE]

Either the possibility of the game not being in the case (someone purposely taking it out and re-sealing the packaging--a shipping/BB employee or BB buyer) or the game disc being missing as someone in this thread experienced. Apparently the latter is a "manufacturer's issue" and I have read about it happening to a few people over the years. I don't doubt that the steelbook is in the packaging, considering the box looked about as new as it probably did last November. The worry is whether or not the manufacturer put the game in the steelbook .

[quote name='kerouac kid']My store had a lot of the U3 CEs. I received my $10 coupons after I placed my order. I'm going to return my copy and buy 3 of the U3 CEs to take advantage of the b2g1 offer. 1 for another CAG at cost plus shipping. So, his cost is about the same as if he were buying only 1 copy. I'll keep 1 and try and sell the other one on Ebay or to another CAG at cost plus shipping.[/QUOTE]

One of the stores listed as "available" earlier EASILY had about 30 or so copies when I went there a few months ago. I remember seeing about 15 of them in the PS3 games section, and there were even other copies stacked on the wall space in a nearby ceiling shelf (the place I usually see extra stock and other large products *cough* Skyrim CEs *cough*). None of the stores around here usually do CE discounts like a few people have posted these past few weeks. So I was shocked to see they were "unavailable." I have a feeling they probably still have 5+ copies like someone else's store. :lol:

But for everyone who was able to get in on this price... :applause: Applause all around. I definitely kicked myself for missing out on the Subway promo last year AND the $30 Black Friday price for UC3. So FINALLY being able to get Uncharted 3 with extras makes me happy.

It would be easy to figure out if it is shoplifters doing returns or if it is a factory overlook. The game is supposed to be sealed. Mine was. If it was and was missing, then it's a factory issue. Cause these thieves likely don't have a sealing machine and if they do, they wouldn't bother to seal it since they would have managed to get the box to look sealed. So there would be no point in sealing the case inside the sealed box. If it wasn't sealed and is missing, then it's likely a thief.

[quote name='JP73']It would be easy to figure out if it is shoplifters doing returns or if it is a factory overlook. The game is supposed to be sealed. Mine was. If it was and was missing, then it's a factory issue. Cause these thieves likely don't have a sealing machine and if they do, they wouldn't bother to seal it since they would have managed to get the box to look sealed. So there would be no point in sealing the case inside the sealed box. If it wasn't sealed and is missing, then it's likely a thief.[/QUOTE]

I bought DE AE from Amazon. There was not a game inside the packaging. Square Enix could not have cared less.

Is there any good samaritan who would buy a uc3 collectors edition for me? I would pay gas + a fee for the favor + shipping, its just that my closest best buy is 30 miles away + i dont have car.

Thanks

Picked up my pickup without a snag, gonna see if I want something to adjust the B2G1 by the end of the week. Awesome deal either way, gracias OP.

Well I opened mine up and I was happy with it. The steel case is nice and the Buckle and Ring are pretty cool. The one thing I thought was funny was the statue did not really look like Drake in the face.

[quote name='Blinkerizo']Is there any good samaritan who would buy a uc3 collectors edition for me? I would pay gas + a fee for the favor + shipping, its just that my closest best buy is 30 miles away + i dont have car.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I will. Another CAG wants one too. I'll get them w/ the b2g1. Cost + tax + shipping should come out to be around the price if you were to only buy 1 at the local store. There's no need to pay for gas or anything else.

The game missing in a factory issue. These are not resealed or opened. It was reported back when it released that people were getting empty cases.

[quote name='Blinkerizo']Is there any good samaritan who would buy a uc3 collectors edition for me? I would pay gas + a fee for the favor + shipping, its just that my closest best buy is 30 miles away + i dont have car.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I could probably do that with one of the copies I picked up during the B2G2 thing. I paid 64.99, but got it with the B2G2 glitch. Order was 139 with tax so that comes out to $34.75 per game. So i can do $34.75 plus actual shipping. Don't need anything for gas since I already went and was gonna go anyway for my own purposes. But the shipping could be high. It's a pretty large and moderately heavy set.

Oh, and I did open it. Very carefully and gently, and taped it back up so it looks almost like new with a very slight discoloration to the tape part I lifted and re-sealed. I did this after those two other guys said theirs was empty. I didn't touch or open anything, just went to see that the disc was inside, it was, and i carefully re-sealed it.

bread's done
Back