Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition (PS3) $29.99 at Best Buy

[quote name='bob330i']What is there to not understand? it's a clearance item and therefore, is subject to availability. Some stores were able to sell them at full price or even at the $65 price point and some didn't. They're not going to redistribute them evenly especially under clearance. It would cost them tons to redistribute evenly to each store.

I have no horse in this race as i was a day late. Would have liked to grab one but you can't get them all. I'm tempted to ask about the Tracy one but I think its a bit out of the way as I'm in San Jose.[/QUOTE]

you should understand why i put you on the ignore list, smartass

Hey those people selling steelbooks from the Ce on ebay, what are the odds that they might be empty on the inside, even though they are brand new and sealed?

[quote name='YBX87']you should understand why i put you on the ignore list, smartass[/QUOTE]

Not sure where the hostility is coming from but i didn't understand you either. Some BB will just not have stock cause people bought them all?

[quote name='Blinkerizo']Hey those people selling steelbooks from the Ce on ebay, what are the odds that they might be empty on the inside, even though they are brand new and sealed?[/QUOTE]
I suggest you weigh it and shake it, as some people suggested.

Got one yesterday, traded in my vanilla copy for $15 ($10 base plus 50% promo) so got the CE for $17 after tax. I am really glad I didn't spend $100 like I wanted to back then, not only cause Uncharted 3 disappointed me greatly but because this CE is... not that great in the end. Even for $17 I was really underwhelmed with it.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Got one yesterday, traded in my vanilla copy for $15 ($10 base plus 50% promo) so got the CE for $17 after tax. I am really glad I didn't spend $100 like I wanted to back then, not only cause Uncharted 3 disappointed me greatly but because this CE is... not that great in the end. Even for $17 I was really underwhelmed with it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. As a matter of fact I suspect that I'm going to return my unopened copy. I'll wait until the regular version is sub $20.

picked mine up. Had to drive to one over in Tracy wich is a little ways away but it was worth it. Picked up some hot dogs at Sonic while i was there since i dont have one in my town ;P

There was a whole row of them bought behind customer service. I had the guy switch the tag with the last one that wasn't spider wrapped. Most were spider wrapped except for 2.. i hate that crap

^_^x KD

[quote name='YBX87']you should understand why i put you on the ignore list, smartass[/QUOTE]

You showed him for coming at you with a logical conclusion.

Wow... my post disappeared. Anyhow, I had posted that I would be interested in someone's extra copy if they were willing to just pass it on to someone else. Looked like a few of you might be looking at doing that.

Would be willing to pay for the game plus shipping of course, unless it costs something crazy to ship it and kills it for me (which seems likely).

No luck over here in Louisville, Ky.

[quote name='roblutter']

I always love when at BB.com pickup the cashier says "wow, that's a great deal!" fuck yeah, that's the only time I shop at your store ;)

[quote name='ThEliteOne']This makes me mad.

The site shows this as not available for shipping.

My local BB had FOUR of these YESTERDAY and when I asked the manager to ring them up because I suspected they were half off, I got a no. Now, it shows my local store as not available for store pickup and out of stock. As well as every other store around.

So lame.[/QUOTE]

I had that happen when i was picking up Killzone 3 CE, but i didn't believe the guy so i went through with it anyways and it rang up correct. I think he just wanted them for himself.

Thanks OP as I really wanted the CE version of this game and got one in Mint Condition. I have the vanilla copy and though the SP is not as great as UC2(does have some nice levels especially the shipyard and though i like the darker story it isn't fleshed out enough) the MP(co-op is great). I had $5 certificate to use so for $24.99 this was a great deal to get for my favorite series this gen next to Mass Effect. I got the last copy at the Edgewood Atlanta store. The tracker said they didn't have any but I knew they had at least 8 before the sale started. I would recommend anyone who is seeing this not available with the store tracker to drive down and check if it isn't too far out of your way. It definitely was worth the 1 mile and half drive to get one today. Yes!

PS. They still have a beat up box for the Skyrim PS3 version for $59.99 there if anyone is interested.

Just picked up the second to last copy (that I could see) In Watertown NY. It was still marked 64.99 on the shelf so it may not last.

Traded in my vanilla copy for 16 bucks so it was even better!

I must say I'm surprised at how nice this collector's edition is. Much better than most.

i'm tempted to get this but my laziness won't let me go to bestbuy. also i'm not too fond of CEs. it just a bunch more crap i don't need. haha

i have a killzone 3 helghast edition still mint in the box.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I think one of the CAGs I picked up a CE for backed out. If someone wants a copy, let me know. If they don't respond by this evening, I'm going to sell it to another CAG. Cost + Tax + Shipping. It was purchased using the b2g1 promo. Therefore, the cost w/ tax is $21.50. Shipping runs ~$11.80. Total shipped would be about $33.30 pp gift. Send me a pm if you are interested. I will let you know by this evening what the status is.[/QUOTE]

Basically the same price as buying it by itself, good deal. Also Don't post here but on the selling/trading forums cause it's going to get deleted.

[quote name='kerouac kid']I think one of the CAGs I picked up a CE for backed out. If someone wants a copy, let me know. If they don't respond by this evening, I'm going to sell it to another CAG. Cost + Tax + Shipping. It was purchased using the b2g1 promo. Therefore, the cost w/ tax is $21.50. Shipping runs ~$11.80. Total shipped would be about $33.30 pp gift. Send me a pm if you are interested. I will let you know by this evening what the status is.[/QUOTE]

:hot:Damn! You must be the coolest person on this site!!!!!!! That's a HELLUVA DEAL!!!!!!!!:applause:

Found one in my area, thanks to an employee at a store that had none. Got to the store (Denton, Tx) and they were doing a 50% off sale on games with an orange sticker, which the box had. So I ended up getting it for only $15!

My five year old is now the proud owner of the statue.

[quote name='Olympus']There were still about a half dozen or so on the shelf at the Waterloo, IA Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Wow another fellow Iowan! I was thinking about picking when up there but I live in Ames, IA. Thankfully I got the last one at the Ankeny store.

[quote name='HandsomeJoeFrancis']Found one in my area, thanks to an employee at a store that had none. Got to the store (Denton, Tx) and they were doing a 50% off sale on games with an orange sticker, which the box had. So I ended up getting it for only $15!

My five year old is now the proud owner of the statue.[/QUOTE]
Can I get a oh hell yeah?

Got mine today in the mail already. That was pretty fast! Pretty awesome C.E., forgot it came with 90% of what it came with. The ring / necklace is pretty awesome.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Got mine today in the mail already. That was pretty fast! Pretty awesome C.E., forgot it came with 90% of what it came with. The ring / necklace is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]
Isn't that like less than the game itself? Just kidding.

Fry's price matched! They were kinda iffy about it but I said "That big banner out in front of your store does say you match prices." So they gave it to me. I think they thought I was BSing them. Oh well, they saw it for themselves.

[quote name='dominator']Wow another fellow Iowan! I was thinking about picking when up there but I live in Ames, IA. Thankfully I got the last one at the Ankeny store.[/QUOTE]

Nice.

Yeah, I've only lived here about a year. Lived in the Twin Cities all my life until I moved here.

The funny thing is, I only really started using CAG for game deals since after I moved here. If I lived 10 minutes from the Mall of America like I used to, I could take much more advantage of it.

Thanks OP!

Finally got a chance to open my copy, y'all had me freaked out about a missing game disc :) The game case and ring are pretty cool!

I'd love one of these, but there are no BB's in New Mexico or West Texas that have any in stock. :(

This is the problem with living in the desert! If anybody has one or wouldn't mind hunting one down for me, pm me and we'll work something out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thankfully I have a walk-in closet(that's no longer a walk-in) to hide my shit in from my family.:lol: There's like 5-6 BLOPS Prestige boxes stuffed in there, as well as a box loaded with LBP2 plushes, about 4 Snuggies and a shitload of other stuff from the BBV clearance last summer.:rofl:[/QUOTE]

You should post a picture of that, lol. I've love to see that.

Just wanted to bump this thread since this now seems to be in stock at every store in my area. It might just be a glitch because I doubt every single store received a shipment.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Just wanted to bump this thread since this now seems to be in stock at every store in my area. It might just be a glitch because I doubt every single store received a shipment.[/QUOTE]

lol, I just checked and it in stock at every single store in my area too.

Did some random area code and it's in stock in all the stores, this is a flipper's dream glitch (??) come true.

Grrr...I want that B2G1 to work online so I could do store pickup and get the $10 bonus. Guess that's what we get for exploiting the b2g2 deal over the last month.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Its probably a glitch. Nevertheless placed an order for instore pickup since my online order is still backordered. =/[/QUOTE]

Its showing "instock" at those BB mobile places in the malls.:lol:

[quote name='gambit444']Do they have this for the 360?[/QUOTE]

Nah, still full price for the xbox version.

[quote name='simdog']Got the collectors edition, Golden Abyss, and Gravity Rush for a total of $15 after my $60 GC from buying my vita which only cost me $120 because of gift cards. I love Best Buy. Over $400 of stuff for a little over $100. :)[/QUOTE]And in 30 days you'll have almost enuf RZ points for $5.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thankfully I have a walk-in closet(that's no longer a walk-in) to hide my shit in from my family.:lol: [/QUOTE]At home aren't you IAmTheManOfThe House or IWearThePantsInThisRelationship? LOL My GF gave me this look when I bought 2 PS3 HD collection that were 2 for $60(which I ended up pm'ing & getting both for $30 total). I asked her what's the most she ever spent on a purse & after 40 minutes she relented & said $1200. I said my dick & balls don't ever say nothing to me bought money that you don't pay for ever. Later in the convo I also found out she paid $500 for a god damn CAKE... not a wedding cake a Louis Vatton b-day cake. It wasn't even a special b-day # she was 23 or 24 wtf. Needless to say she no longer mentions money to me.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Lol I hide my CE boxes from the wife also.[/QUOTE]^^^ find your wife weak spending spot win the battle & the war

[quote name='ThEliteOne']Because, I go to this store at least once a week, and I know pretty much every employee.

I call the manager of the entire store "Mr. Awesome" In public. Everybody knows me, and they know when I come in that ive found a deal.

It wasnt in their system yesterday apparently, or I wouldve had it. I hadnt seen this post yet, or I wouldve persisted, I was going off another, earlier post, which wasnt as confirmed and was just YMMV.

I can't go about making an ass of myself in BB like some can - I can push a little, but when you know everyone by name, you cant be an ass. It usually works in my favor that I know everyone anyhow.[/QUOTE]I guess your not aware that BB B&M price matches BB.com as long as it doesn't say online only so once it was in-stock you should've just went. At least now you'll know for the future.

[quote name='ThEliteOne']Because, I go to this store at least once a week, and I know pretty much every employee.

I call the manager of the entire store "Mr. Awesome" In public. Everybody knows me, and they know when I come in that ive found a deal.

It wasnt in their system yesterday apparently, or I wouldve had it. I hadnt seen this post yet, or I wouldve persisted, I was going off another, earlier post, which wasnt as confirmed and was just YMMV.

I can't go about making an ass of myself in BB like some can - I can push a little, but when you know everyone by name, you cant be an ass. It usually works in my favor that I know everyone anyhow.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same situation. Just the other day, I saw a tag for the 3d version of Kung Fu Panda 2 for $4.99. There were none on the endcap where it was listed, but I found the BB exclusive version. Because the SKU's didn't matchup, they wouldn't do it. The manager nearly did it anyways because I am always there.

I didn't push it because....the sku's did not match and just a few days before that they did a walmart.com PM - even though it's not their policy allowing me to pick up the 3d Ultimate Transformers DotM for $12.xx. I will let the occasional deal that requires pushing the limits slide because of this type of cs.

Sharp observation Enuf, my wife doesn't get bothered by money though cause she too buys loads of purses, cosmetics and clothes so she can't point fingers at me. She gets bothered by the fact that my CE collection is expanding and encroaching terriortory. How Daz managed to hide those giant boxes is beyond me :lol:

[quote name='sassylaurie']I am in the same situation. Just the other day, I saw a tag for the 3d version of Kung Fu Panda 2 for $4.99. There were none on the endcap where it was listed, but I found the BB exclusive version. Because the SKU's didn't matchup, they wouldn't do it. The manager nearly did it anyways because I am always there.

I didn't push it because....the sku's did not match and just a few days before that they did a walmart.com PM - even though it's not their policy allowing me to pick up the 3d Ultimate Transformers DotM for $12.xx. I will let the occasional deal that requires pushing the limits slide because of this type of cs.[/QUOTE]Your mistake was not using walmart as leverage, tell them your stats 1st(RZ members, silver member, GC member) if you're not unlocked this is when you tell them you will join IF they give you the deal save this for bigger purchases or YMMV situations. Let them know you'll just pm it at Walmart & they'll loose the sale but you'd rather give BB the money.
If they know you & you purchase alot there tell them "they're going get the money back anyways" usually a little humor on that level will get it down.

[quote name='TooPoor']Sharp observation Enuf, my wife doesn't get bothered by money though cause she too buys loads of purses, cosmetics and clothes so she can't point fingers at me. She gets bothered by the fact that my CE collection is expanding and encroaching terriortory. How Daz managed to hide those giant boxes is beyond me :lol:[/QUOTE]Usually if you bug out about just 1 extreme purchase it's enuf to back them down but with me since I pm so much & get so much money back my GF can't even keep up. How can she argue with me coming out of BB with $20-$50 back via pm's on a weekly basis LOL.

LOL, I see hiding games from the wife is more common than i thought. Yes I should wear the pants but I don't so mcuh especially money because I am a spender and she is a super saver and doesn't see games as needed especially as much as I want them.

Anyway, the closest Best Buy is in a town 100 miles over. Showed in stock and my boss was down there for a meeting. I asked him if he could check for me if he didn't mind. i also said if it's beat to crap pass on it. he called and said it was in great condition and rang up at $30. So now I get to try and find a spot to "hide" this. I have no more room to put it with my games.

My girlfriend won't spend money on hardly anything for herself, but I'm the opposite. she says it's my money though, so I'll buy random shit to spoil her with just so she'll leave me alone when I drop 200 in a couple of weeks on good game deals.

These recent trade in situations have really helped my cause though haha

[quote name='chunlirocks']If anyone has an extra copy I will cover shipping and some of your extra time :cool:

PM me

Thanks![/QUOTE]

:wave:

[quote name='uiengineer']i still have an extra if anyone is interested. $32 plus shipping[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back