Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition (PS3) $29.99 at Best Buy

My store had it so reached into my pocket for my card and in that oh say 8 seconds it was gone lol.

I guess I'll just rent it for the story, this far in I doubt I'll do well in multiplayer away.

Grabbed this for in store. All my local stores had a bunch of these so I'm thinking this will actually go through.

Now my problem is, I've got UC2&3, but not the first one.

[quote name='KtMack23']Grabbed this for in store. All my local stores had a bunch of these so I'm thinking this will actually go through.

Now my problem is, I've got UC2&3, but not the first one.[/QUOTE]
It's much weaker than two in terms of game play, spectacle, and graphics. I'd say it's pretty unnecessary to play but, if one day you find an opportunity to get it for about ten or so dollars, then why not?

Is it a huge box or is their another CE that the box can be compared to? The reason I ask is there are none in my home area, but I happen to be traveling and their is one 2 minutes from my hotel...concerned it will not fit in my rolling carry on luggage...

Probably will just do it anyway...

wow, my store had 2-3 of these 2 days back, now they got none. Might just go in and try to see if they got any left

[quote name='bigdbo622']Is it a huge box or is their another CE that the box can be compared to? The reason I ask is there are none in my home area, but I happen to be traveling and their is one 2 minutes from my hotel...concerned it will not fit in my rolling carry on luggage...

Probably will just do it anyway...[/QUOTE]

It's big and cube shaped, a bit smaller than sky rim.

[quote name='bigdbo622']Is it a huge box or is their another CE that the box can be compared to? The reason I ask is there are none in my home area, but I happen to be traveling and their is one 2 minutes from my hotel...concerned it will not fit in my rolling carry on luggage...

Probably will just do it anyway...[/QUOTE]

I've seen some videos on youtube, and it's a pretty big package. It comes in a sort of "ancient looking" fake wood box that's pretty big, too big for traveling I'd say. But you'd be fine if you ditched that and took the statue, ring, buckle, and steel case.

[quote name='sotc1988']It's much weaker than two in terms of game play, spectacle, and graphics. I'd say it's pretty unnecessary to play but if, one day you find an opportunity to get it for about $10 or so dollars, then why not?[/QUOTE]

What? Unnecessary? No way. Play all 3 in order. How can 2 have the emotion without experiencing the first? Play Them In Order!

[quote name='cancerman1120']What? Unnecessary? No way. Play all 3 in order. How can 2 have the emotion without experiencing the first? Play Them In Order![/QUOTE]
Whenever I read something online, I know that the words "in my opinion" are implied before almost every statement. You should try that sometime.

[quote name='sotc1988']Whenever I read something online, I know that the words "in my opinion" are implied before almost every statement. You should try that sometime.[/QUOTE]

No, when I say something on the internet, you're supposed to AGREE WITH IT!!!1

On a more serious note, looks like someone might have beat me to the one copy I know my store had as recently as last week, damn. I'll have to further investigate.

[quote name='sotc1988']I've seen some videos on youtube, and it's a pretty big package. It comes in a sort of "ancient looking" fake wood box that's pretty big, too big for traveling I'd say. But you'd be fine if you ditched that and took the statue, ring, buckle, and steel case.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Saw it on Youtube and I think I can manage it.

[quote name='sotc1988']Whenever I read something online, I know that the words "in my opinion" are implied before almost every statement. You should try that sometime.[/QUOTE]

You telling someone the 1st game is not needed is really less an opinion and more bad advice. This is a story driven game series. How does the Drake/Elena dynamic work in the 2nd game without understanding how they met in the 1st?

You must have some thin skin dude.

I bought this for $65 a few weeks back, can't remember if it was within the 30 day return policy. Gonna have to check my receipt.

Good game, but not nearly as good or big a leap from the first game to the second.

Ugh...dammit the pressure. I picked one up. My store seems to have them in stock so I selected store pick up. I have already beaten the game. I have a sealed copy too that I bought after I traded away my original, so I'll just sell that one to compensate for this. Figure this will be about $10 after all is said and done, which is awesome. Since Uncharted is my favorite franchise, I'm using that to justify buying this game for the third time, lol.

[quote name='pLaYsTaT3xPhiLe']Should I get this or wait for the GOTY edition?[/QUOTE]

GOTY will be mostly MP maps and skins. If you are going to play a bunch of MP I would say get that but get this also regardless.

[quote name='pLaYsTaT3xPhiLe']Seems like my credit card is not working. I wonder if I can just go to the store & have them PM to the online price?[/QUOTE]

You can definetly do that.

My store has 5 of these in stock, but it states "Unavailable" :/ I was going stack the B2G1 and the $10 for $50 in store pick up.

[quote name='pLaYsTaT3xPhiLe']Seems like my credit card is not working. I wonder if I can just go to the store & have them PM to the online price?[/QUOTE]

You should be able to PM but I would not be surprised if it rings up at $30.

[quote name='david12795']wow its sold out everywhere now. it wasnt an hr ago.[/QUOTE]

It has lasted longer than I expected. It has been out there for 7-8 hours now.

I find it funny how this is 9 pages in between 2 and 830 AM, I was gonna get this for $60 yesterday but now I am gonna try and find 2 other games for a b2g1

well my closest store is sold out now, im over it. Had the first two for about 3 years and didnt play either of them so I aint missing out

[quote name='thetruth1983']This one has a steelbook and I'm a sucker for steelbooks.[/QUOTE]

^this. Got one confirmed for store pickup. Now I gotta decide if I wanna work out a B2G1 or just take it for $30.

in for 1. honestly nothing else i wanted to pair with the b2g1 deal, just glad my local store had them in stock. thanks op!

Sweet. Ordered for in-store pickup and got pickup confirmation this morning at Bee Caves, TX.

I'm in Austin, but I'm on the south side, so that's only a 15-minute drive or so for me. Still shows available if any Austinites are lookin' to get it.

Is there any way to shove the other 2 games in the box? :)

Kinda glad I skipped this for $39.99 this past holiday season now. I could really care less about playing the muliplayer DLC, so the regular edition is fine for me.

Says unavailable for in-store pick up but I know I saw 2 on the shelf as recently as Saturday. Going to head out when they open and see if they're still there.

I've got a Beast Buy literally down the street from my work, but it's OOS according to the site. I'll still swing by to take a peek. Ordered for pickup at a place way out of the way, but not too crazily far, though spending $5 on gas getting it hurts the bargain.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I've got a Beast Buy literally down the street from my work, but it's OOS according to the site. I'll still swing by to take a peek. Ordered for pickup at a place way out of the way, but not too crazily far, though spending $5 on gas getting it hurts the bargain.[/QUOTE]
I believe there's a threshold for the amount of copies left in-store and when it shows OOS on the site. I want to say that if there are 3 or less (could be 5), it will show OOS.

Just bring it up on your phone and show it to the cashier and they will price match their site if it rings up at a higher price.

Still got one local... I already have the norm and as much as I love the series, and steelbooks, I'm just not sure if I want to spend 13 dollars to upgrade a game (normal trades in for 17 at amazon) I will likely never play again... So burned out on the MP and its the weakest of the stories.

Just really not sure what to do... Which in my experience says save the money.

so i got this back from my store.....

Dear ------:

We're sorry, but the item you ordered is not available for pickup at the DAYTON MALL OH Best Buy store #274.

If you still want this product, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to check product availability at a different store or warehouse, or to have the item shipped via free standard shipping. Please contact us within 8 days to choose one of these options. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

If you no longer want this product, you do not need to take any action. we will cancel this order in 8 days and your credit card will not be charged. If you paid with PayPal, your PayPal account will be credited. If you used a Gift Card, your card will be credited. If you used a Reward Certificate, points will be reissued to your Reward Zone program account within 3-5 days.

Item details are listed below.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

Odd.. called my store to check and the girl of the line says they show having 2 of these in stock. I got placed on hold while she confirmed it was available. The girl came back and she did in fact have 1 in stock. (WTF??) So I told her I had entered an online order and it stated that the item was not available. She is holding that at the front desk but whats odd is that she said there were 3 copies behind the desk (customer service) that also "did not go through". Be sure to follow up with your Best Buy if you get a not available. I'm assuming they are beginning to reject these even if they are in fact available in store. I strongly suggest calling with the SKU#2877929 for confirmation.

If your order goes through the next thing you have to worry about is the amount of possible damage to the box due to security devices.

bread's done
Back