Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception coming 2011

yep they waited way too long to do alot of things for this game. wouldnt be surprised if they upped the level cap within the next 2 updates.

[quote name='lokizz']yep they waited way too long to do alot of things for this game. wouldnt be surprised if they upped the level cap within the next 2 updates.[/QUOTE]

Every blog post about this game's MP has people asking about online trophies (including myself) and them getting various answers like they ran into technical problems (the answer I got) to the most recent answer... (Trophies? Hmmm….that sounds like a great idea. ;-) )

So it looks like they'll be adding MP trophies also... Which is likely the best thing they could do to draw people back.

i think if they really wanted to bring back the people who gave up on it the game needs an old school mode. no loadouts, no kickbacks , and none of those annoying things that pop up to cripple the team whose winning. thatd be worth it to me to come back but i doubt they will make and additions like that. more weapons wouldnt hurt either.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Guess it's time to jump back into this game again. Hope I'm not too rusty :)

Patch 1.13 Arrives Today
New Tournament Mode
50 New Trophies - Three Silver and Seven Bronze for each DLC Map Pack
137 Pieces of DLC will be added - Taunts, Emblems, Hats ect. Starts 8/14

More Info here

http://www.naughtydog.com/site/post/patch_113_notes_the_full_rundown/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/07/uncharted-3s-tournament-mode-new-dlc[/QUOTE]

I remember playing this a while back and seeing the message about a massive update coming. I guess they wasn't kidding. I think its time to play the mp again. :D

Ya the new block mesh map feature sounds awesome! Tournament mode sounds fun. ND says they will keep supporting the game with content in the future as long as people are still logging on. Time to give the MP a go again after many months.

So much for the GOTY edition being released before the end of the year and including all the DLC, eh? I think I gotta just start waiting for GOTY or 'complete' editions of games before I bother buying them anymore.

So how's the mp in this? Any co-op modes ala UC2?

It has some coop modes similar to U2 (I think it may have more coop modes than U2) and then they added more coop with dlc, I forget if any of it was free because I bought the season pass. I haven't played the coop much, maybe someone can comment more.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']So how's the mp in this? Any co-op modes ala UC2?[/QUOTE]

I enjoy the multiplayer a lot, it can be tough on newbs though since you have to level up to get better guns and mods. Its also a bit more complex then UC2 with the kickbacks and all. A lot of people don't like it because of this.

As for co-op they're 4 different modes, best being co-op adventure. Adventure is the same as co-op objective in UC2. I had a lot of fun trying to get the co-op star with my buddies. I wish they would add more maps though. I believe they're six in total.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EPzEUGyt9U&feature=relmfu

[quote name='Gamer4life88']I enjoy the multiplayer a lot, it can be tough on newbs though since you have to level up to get better guns and mods. Its also a bit more complex then UC2 with the kickbacks and all. A lot of people don't like it because of this.[/QUOTE]Not the mention the balance issues and the fact that the game should have been so much better... The had a wonderful beta and threw it all away.

Anyhow, I might give it a try again... I played the hell out of it (likely around 100 hours in MP alone) but really just got burned out on it since all modes really felt the same, had the same issues, and whatnot.

That said I'll likely download the patch and at least try it but when I last tried to play it a month or so ago the lag was just unbearable so unless this brings back allot of people I'll likely not be back for long. (Trophies be damned.)

Also, with the new hats I cannot help but cringe at the thought of new balance issues. :roll:

[quote name='J7.']It has some coop modes similar to U2 (I think it may have more coop modes than U2) and then they added more coop with dlc, I forget if any of it was free because I bought the season pass. I haven't played the coop much, maybe someone can comment more.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Gamer4life88']I enjoy the multiplayer a lot, it can be tough on newbs though since you have to level up to get better guns and mods. Its also a bit more complex then UC2 with the kickbacks and all. A lot of people don't like it because of this.

As for co-op they're 4 different modes, best being co-op adventure. Adventure is the same as co-op objective in UC2. I had a lot of fun trying to get the co-op star with my buddies. I wish they would add more maps though. I believe they're six in total.[/QUOTE]
The only reason I asked if there were co-op mp levels is because that's all I'd likely play. I tried the regular co-op on UC2 and just like Warhawk unless I was playing with friends I was tempted to ragequit more often than not due to the overly experienced people I always got put up against. It's just no fun dying, respawning and then getting killed again within 20 seconds.:whistle2:#

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only reason I asked if there were co-op mp levels is because that's all I'd likely play. I tried the regular co-op on UC2 and just like Warhawk unless I was playing with friends I was tempted to ragequit more often than not due to the overly experienced people I always got put up against. It's just no fun dying, respawning and then getting killed again within 20 seconds.:whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

NOBODY wants to play with your laggy ass internet Cheapest. Your hoolio hoo internet belongs in Africa.

:lol::razz::booty: I think Verizon upped my internet to a whole 1MBps cuz I've been playing BF 1943 constantly for the last week or so and aside from a very sporadic bit of lag I don't notice all of the problems I used to have on that game.

Now watch since I said that I'll get all sorts of disconnects and lag like crazy tonight.:razz:

What speed of Internet should we have? I have internet through comcast, it works well... I've never had a problem. suggestions?

Google is planning on a free Internet plan guaranteed for 7 years (except fees/taxes). But that is many years away.

[quote name='Thomas96']What speed of Internet should we have? I have internet through comcast, it works well... I've never had a problem. suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Keep it and don't worry about it. You have way more than enough to do anything more than likely since you mentioned comcast.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol::razz::booty: I think Verizon upped my internet to a whole 1MBps cuz I've been playing BF 1943 constantly for the last week or so and aside from a very sporadic bit of lag I don't notice all of the problems I used to have on that game.

Now watch since I said that I'll get all sorts of disconnects and lag like crazy tonight.:razz:[/QUOTE]

lol. If you ever get U3, I'lll party up with you in coop. I don't mind a lil lag here and there. People take lag too seriously when most of the time it's not even the players fault -_-

U3 MP is frustrating but very additive. There's a lot of "bullshit kills" but overall the mp is a blast. The coop is basically the same as U2, except for the Coop hunter arena mode....it's ok. Coop Adventure is the best as arena gets boring quickly. You'll find yourself playing coop a lot if you want to unlock some special skins like marco polo, or Skelator (sp?) because getting those rare treasures will require luck & time. They have 2 coop dlc's (The Fort Coop Adventure & Coop Shade Survival Mode).

Patch 1.13 adds new stuff. The new taunts are funny & the new tournament system is good but i could care less for the new head items (which btw adds increases/decreases of various stats when worn like 10%+ Blindfire increase). They also add new trophies, but you need DLC to earn them. They're about 10 new trophies for each DLC map pack.

Dont let the U3 forum deter you from buying the game. About 90% of the posts there are just bitching. They do have some balancing issues, but overall its good enough. Players are just quick to complain when something don't suit their play style -_-

Hey guys,

Just opened up my copy of Uncharted 3: GotY edition from Newegg and discovered it doesn't have an instruction manual! It has the online pass voucher inside but no manual.

Did I get some weird defective copy or is the manual on the disc/online now? If anyone has a copy or knows about this let me know so I can ask Newegg for another copy if necessary.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply; do you have the actual game/is that confirmed or just going by speculated trends (because I've noticed that too, especially the EA games)

Same for the Ratchet and Clank HD collection. I really enjoy manuals too when they are done correctly.

I really wish there was a manual in NFS: The Run since the FoV in that game is absolutely atrocious and I wanted to know how to change the camera while racing.

Sorry for the delayed bump but I've finally gotten to UC3 and am stuck in chap 11 where the body parts/mural puzzle are. Here is a pic where I'm stuck, spoilerized just in case.

pic of mural puzzle

Seemed pretty easy as I was able to figure out you needed to line up the body parts to cast a shadow on the wall.

Frustrated, I read the hints (confirming what I thought needed to be done) and looking through the device, it seems like it's all lined up but it won't move onto what's next. You can also see in the shadow that the body parts appear to be all in line with the hint picture in Drake's journal. I also looked at YouTube videos and it seems like the pole is in the correct hole/location. I'm stuck.

Just curious if anyone else ran into this problem or if I needed to do something else prior to this. FYI, I solved the left path's "cog" puzzle just prior to this thinking that was the issue (had a save file before I went into either "doors"), but it didn't change/solve the mural puzzle. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I would rather not start over at this point if possible.

[quote name='bob330i']Sorry for the delayed bump but I've finally gotten to UC3 and am stuck in chap 11 where the body parts/mural puzzle are. Here is a pic where I'm stuck, spoilerized just in case.

pic of mural puzzle

Seemed pretty easy as I was able to figure out you needed to line up the body parts to cast a shadow on the wall.

Frustrated, I read the hints (confirming what I thought needed to be done) and looking through the device, it seems like it's all lined up but it won't move onto what's next. You can also see in the shadow that the body parts appear to be all in line with the hint picture in Drake's journal. I also looked at YouTube videos and it seems like the pole is in the correct hole/location. I'm stuck.

Just curious if anyone else ran into this problem or if I needed to do something else prior to this. FYI, I solved the left path's "cog" puzzle just prior to this thinking that was the issue (had a save file before I went into either "doors"), but it didn't change/solve the mural puzzle. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I would rather not start over at this point if possible.[/QUOTE]

It's been so long I can't say. I think you may be too close, meaning there is another position from a similar angle you have but further away from the picture of the guy getting stabbed on the wall. Judging from this youtube video, seems he's further away. Maybe gamefaqs says something about it:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615426-uncharted-3-drakes-deception/faqs
Sorry i can't be of more help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0k87T0a6EDk
Maybe gamefaqs says something about it:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615426-uncharted-3-drakes-deception/faqs
Sorry i can't be of more help.

[quote name='bjstucker']I think that is the way it is going manual on disc only. Reuse Recycle Replace[/QUOTE]

It's all about saving money, not only on production but also shipping/distribution. Of course, we still pay the same price.

no problem, I'm looking at that you tube video and paused it. To me, my pole is in the same hole as shown in the video you posted. So I'm likely going to chalk it up to some glitch. I've spent over an hour just putting the pole in various holes in that area and no luck. I may not have any option but to start over and try again. If I get stuck again, I'm likely done with this. Thanks for your post.

Oh, and I did scan Gamefaqs and googl'ed a bit, no mention of any issues.

For that puzzle, I found it easier to use the view where you are looking through the eye thing. There are a couple holes so close together it's a pain in the rear to get Drake to put it in the right one.

[quote name='bob330i']no problem, I'm looking at that you tube video and paused it. To me, my pole is in the same hole as shown in the video you posted. So I'm likely going to chalk it up to some glitch. I've spent over an hour just putting the pole in various holes in that area and no luck. I may not have any option but to start over and try again. If I get stuck again, I'm likely done with this. Thanks for your post.

Oh, and I did scan Gamefaqs and googl'ed a bit, no mention of any issues.[/QUOTE]

I think you can download this save file on a usb stick and then put it on your PS3 and then just start playing the game from that chapter you're on and see if it was a glitch or watch the part you're at on youtube and start playing from the next chapter.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/615426-uncharted-3-drakes-deception/saves

@J7 Great, thanks. I'm back in chap 8 so I'm probably only another 30-45 min session back to this spot. If it craps out, I'll pull a save from your link.

For that puzzle, I found it easier to use the view where you are looking through the eye thing. There are a couple holes so close together it's a pain in the rear to get Drake to put it in the right one.

Agreed, Drake is a bit jerky but I've had no issues with hole placement and I've used both views (L1 which is through the device and w/o). But thanks for the note.

FYI...it may have been reported already but all the DLC for the GOTY edition is ON DISK! No vouchers like U2. Makes me pretty excited.

[quote name='cancerman1120']FYI...it may have been reported already but all the DLC for the GOTY edition is ON DISK! No vouchers like U2. Makes me pretty excited.[/QUOTE]

That cool... Though it puts more stress on your system but I would imagine much of the DLC isn't really used a whole lot, much like UC2's, so its pretty mute one way or another.

for those of you who were following my saga, I found out what I was doing incorrectly. Apparantly, you have to press L1 at the same time you're putting the pole into the hole. Pressing L1 after you put the pole didn't work. I had the hole correct but the button sequence incorrect. I thought you could just triangle to put the pole into the hole and it did it's thing.

Anyhow, finished up the storyline on Saturday and then traded it into GS for $14.xx with the 50% promo (select titles). Bought it for $10 a while ago so I still come out ahead.

[quote name='Throwerguy']Just bought this and wondered for multiplayer, where should I start?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean?

bread's done
Back