Uncharted Dual Pack vs Uncharted + Uncharted 2 GOTY

AnubisRW

CAGiversary!
I'm getting a ps3 with Uncharted 3 GOTY, and someone recommended I play Uncharted and Uncharted 2 first. I can get the Uncharted/Uncharted 2 GOTY combo pack for $25 new, or Uncharted used for $13 and Uncharted 2 GOTY used for $14.

I guess what I am asking is does the Uncharted 2 GOTY have any content that isn't on the combo pack?

Thanks for helping a new PS3 owner...

Some difference, but mostly of the cosmetic variety.

Uncharted Dual Pack contains a slipcover case which houses two Greatest Hits red label versions of Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2 GOTY. The UPCs on the back are "not for resale", and since it is a North American release for both US and Canada, there will be both English and French text on the box art which makes it look slightly more cluttered. You are guaranteed the GOTY DLC voucher code from Uncharted 2 GOTY if you buy new, although it might be expired by now (I recently had an unscratched off voucher past expiration that did not work, other people have reported that theirs did)? IMO, since you'll already have Uncharted 3 GOTY for multiplayer, the GOTY stuff for Uncharted 2 is not that important. It contains multiplayer map packs, skin packs, and some short motion comics and PSN avatars.

Uncharted 1 used could be the original black label or the Greatest Hits red label. Red label probably has more recent patches already on disc, but otherwise there is no difference in content between the two or the version from the dual pack.

Uncharted 2 GOTY used could be the original black label or the Greatest Hits red label. Red label probably has more recent patches already on disc, but otherwise there is no difference in content between the two. There is no GOTY content on disc in either version or the dual pack version, it is all DLC on the voucher code, so most likely a used copy will not contain a valid code. In other words, without the voucher Uncharted 2 GOTY is functionally the same as Uncharted 2 vanilla.

Finally, the used prices you are considering are ridiculously high. The last few weeks off and on, Amazon Warehouse Deals has been clearing out tons of used copies of Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2 for $5 each. Gamestop also has both used at $10 each.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AnubisRW']I'm getting a ps3 with Uncharted 3 GOTY, and someone recommended I play Uncharted and Uncharted 2 first. [/QUOTE]Add me to that list. Though not extremely linked in their story telling Uncharted 1 would suffer some from playing either of the other two games first...

Also the third is the weakest, so you wouldn't really be doing yourself a favor by playing it first... The first one is a bit short and UC2 is arguably the best game of this generation. (Which really hurts the third game.... but like I said UC1 is better than it too.)

As for new or used... I'm a black label man myself so I would go used if possible but if the only used copies I could find where greatest hits version I would go new to support the devs...

The UC2 GOTY extra's are just multiplayer stuff, avatars, and other random junk I never used and wish I could remove from my PSN download list.

BTW, Uncharted 2 GOTY is $6 if you can find it at Target, and $9 at Amazon right now, if you're still looking.

I ended up getting UC and UC2 at estarland for $27 combined (but they had a 25% off sale so I ended up spending $20 combined, and had plenty of credit I've been sitting on for a year so it didn't cost me anything out of pocket.)

Thanks to everyone for their responses!

bread's done
Back