Uncharted vs. God of War - Which exclusive series do you like more?

I really have enjoyed both, but being that I am a big Indiana Jones fanboy and that Uncharted has pulled off that same feeling in a video game format, I am going to have to give Uncharted the edge.

I loved GoW and GoW2 and GoW3 blew my mind at how awesome it was... but I like the Uncharted series more. Uncharted is a much better experience. Even though you're playing a game, both games do a great job of sucking you in.

Just finished the GOW3 series a few weeks back. It was definitely incredible in every way, especially with the updated graphics. Nothing tops Uncharted though. It is by far my favorite game series, and I can't wait for a third game.

I haven't played GoW3 yet (other than the demo) but if it is more of the same with prettier graphics like people are saying then I will definitely have to go with Uncharted.

Having not played the latest release in either series, I can only compare Uncharted to the God of War Collection, and for that, Uncharted wins hands down.

I've got platinums in all three games, so I can say I played them thoroughly enough to make that call based on my own personal tastes. I definitely plan on playing UC2 and GOW3 (hopefully collecting both platinums), but I'm much more excited to get my hands on Uncharted 2.

uncharted definetly uncharted. uncharted keeps getting better especially with the online mp but gow series was great with 1 and 2 but 3 was a big damn dissappointment to the point where i dont care anymore about it. i consider gow3 a series killer for me the way kingdom hearts 2 killed the kh series for me. im sure theyll both keep on selling like crack when the next versiois of both come out but for me i dont care.

[quote name='javeryh']I haven't played GoW3 yet (other than the demo) but if it is more of the same with prettier graphics like people are saying then I will definitely have to go with Uncharted.[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say that GoW3 is just like the previous games with better graphics but that's pretty much true. Still, the graphics in GoW3 are a huge technical achievement and in some instances, do add to the gameplay.

Man, tough choices, i love them both... but if i really have to pick one, i'll go with God of War.

However, there won't be another God of War on the PS3 and yet, Uncharted 3 is the real thing, so i guess i'll go with Uncharted :)

Infamous. Uncharted and God of War have better stories and game play, but I liked Infamous for being totally different.

Never liked GoW too much. Felt way too button mashy, and I don't find the setting all that interesting.

The writing in the Uncharted series is pretty good, and there are a few mechanics that I enjoyed (like the journal) that you don't see too much. I only wish there was more variety in Uncharted 2 (specifically, since I haven't had a chance to play 1) with regard to bad guy models and weapons, but then I feel that about a lot of games. Uncharted is really a gamer's game in that the game mechanics are pretty much like they always have been--go here, climb walls, do some stealth, kill bad guys, repeate, kill more powerful bad guys, etc. It's a pattern, and I think the fact that it's mostly a mindless pattern (and I say mindless with all the respect in the world) very well serves to make you pay more attention to the environments, the settings, and the cinematic actions sequences as vehicles to move the story forward. I think this is why so many people called Uncharted 2 the game of the year last year. It felt like playing the action/adventure movies us 20-30 year old guys grew up with.

god of war is no doubt better then uncharted because of the exploration of greek mythology.

there is another game similar to this that i also liked more, it's rygar for the ps2.

Uncharted. It may sound glib, but I'm being totally serious when I say that following around an angry homicidal bald guy with no off-switch bores me.

Uncharted. More depth, much better story (story flows at an amazing pace), likable characters, tight controls, fun gameplay.

Uncharted was the first game I played from start to finish in one playthrough. Started, 9 hours later... *holy crap what time is it!??* =)

The God of war series is amazingly fun though, especially God of War II and III.

These games aren't even the same style of gameplay. In uncharted you have things to use for cover and god of war is a straight button masher. That being said, I personally like gow better but that's mainly due to the whole Greek mythology thing. Uncharted is however probably the closest thing to a playable movie I've ever seen. The graphics were
amazing and it was a completely fun experience. I just like the mythology story in gow better.

Even I have to admit Uncharted is the better series overall. But I do enjoy the GOW series for its over the top gore, HUGE scale, and I love mythology. Uncharted is has more precise gun gameplay that you have to aim and not just button mash. To me both have great stories, superb graphics, and fun gameplay - they are just different experiences both with lots of "WOAH!" moments. But Kratos will kick Nathan Drake's ass in hand to hand combat.

Can't say how happy I am to see Uncharted get the credit it deserves... There's a reason why it won GOTY. GOW III, while being fun for what it is, is massively over-rated. The series overall is one of the best IP's in modern gaming, but Uncharted(while being a completely different type of game, as noted above) does everything it's supposed to do so much better than that of any other game I've ever played. IMHO, the GOW mechanics have become pretty much outdated and I think that's one reason why many were disappointed in it's latest iteration. Also, the stories told in the Uncharted series are just completely top-notch... It's seriously better than 95% of everything that Hollywood puts out. Not something that the GOW franchise can say.

I havent played the GoW series (Stuck on GoW1 from the collection with a bad disc). UC1 was the first game I've finished after getting a PS3 in 2007, besides Super Stardust HD. Playing UC2 now, and it's so awesome I dont know what to say. My hands get sweaty every time I start the game.

This is a very unfair question, it's like sitting down to a burger and fries meal and being asked which you'd rather eat over the other. Answer is "neither", they're both on my plate and I'm gonna enjoy them together.

NathanxKratos OTP.

Yep, unfair question, i love them both :) That's FIVE fun platinum trophies! Okay, maybe not fun fun (ahem, GoW challenges, bleeding thumbs, literally). However, the trophies are so satisfying, especially the sweet plink of the mighty platinum.

I finished Uncharted 5-6 times, numerous hours attempting Crushing Mode. I beat GoW I and II at least three times (on the original PS2 disc and the Collection).

U2 and GoWIII, finished total of two times, mainly because i got used to the controls and i can blast through on hard mode.

They're all great games, definitely something i treasure (i don't usually keep games after obtaining the platinum trophy). So looking forward to Uncharted 3 (DAY ONE, even if i have to pay normal retail :lol:).

bread's done
Back