Uncharted

If you don't mind getting a PAL version, import it from the UK.
Try dvd.co.uk, or thehut.com.
I used thehut.com, and it came out to be about $25 or $26 USD for a new copy, including shipping.
Since there's no downloadable content, version shouldn't really matter, as long as you're playing on a HDTV. If you're playing on Standard Def on a North American PS3, the PAL version won't work.

Is that true about not working on standard def? I have an HDTV, so its not a problem, but thats interesting. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Someone with more knowledge should explain, but my understanding is that you can't play PAL PS3 games on a NTSC PS3 machine if you're outputting the signal to a SDTV, North American SDTVs can't receive the signal or something.
But if you have a HDTV, you're set. I ordered from thehut.com, and got it within a week or so. I think England got Uncharted as a "greatest hits", which is why the price is so low.
You should pick up Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction while you're at it! Greatest Hits too!

I can vouch for dvd.co.uk. I used them to get PAL versions of heavenly sword and siren:blood curse. They shipped really damn fast for overseas!!

can you get the trophies with the PAL version of the game? And if you can- will they still compare properly against people who played the US version?

@AsianOnRoute69
It might depend on your SDTV. From what I understand, most SDTVs in North America, though not all, are unable to process the video data coming from a PAL PS3 game playing on a North American PS3.

As for trophies, yes, I can get trophies playing the PAL Uncharted on my NTSC PS3, and they show up on my playstation id.

bread's done
Back