Uncle Vic Deals: Xbox Elite (refurb) w/Jasper Chipset & 2 games: only $199.99

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']So the view from google maps is fake, eh?[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying that. I'm not denying that the logo on the building actually exists. I'm saying this is why other ppl thought it was photoshopped.

In fact, it still might be. Maybe somebody moved the logo a little bit. Or maybe it is just a low quality picture. I don't know, but something just doesn't look right with it. I'm sure you would all agree.

[quote name='Edwardo Banaducci']I think it is funny how everyone rips on them. Any site that has nothing but deals is going to have some good ones and some crappy ones.[/QUOTE]
I know, like on Uncle Vic's front page it says "save $10" on :360: Modern Warfare 2 which drops the price to... $54.99? Before shipping and tax where applicable? Right.

Thus far, his "deals" have been mediocre at best, and that's really pushing it. If you want to find us some deals (that are not recertified crap shoots) then please, enlighten us.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Guerrilla']I know, like on Uncle Vic's front page it says "save $10" on :360: Modern Warfare 2 which drops the price to... $54.99? Before shipping and tax where applicable? Right.

Thus far, his "deals" have been mediocre at best, and that's really pushing it. If you want to find us some deals (that are not recertified crap shoots) then please, enlighten us.[/QUOTE]

Uncle Vic would like to know where you live...so he can "enlighten" you on to why his products are a "good" deal. ....

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Never said it was limited. I said stuff like that is often limited. Also, a "deal" doesn't have to be a discount. A deal is a deal. That bundle is a deal, so that is why someone posted it as soon as it was announced, so that people who were interested in a 360 could decide if they wanted to wait.

In the end, the thread about that console was definitely more helpful to more CAGs than Uncle Vic.[/QUOTE]

That first line seems a bit contradictory to say that it wasn't limited and then say that it is limited. Unless you are using the word often to mean sometimes in which why even say its limited or not if you don't know. As far as "deal" well that is a word that has different meanings to different people. I consider a deal being able to pay less than I would if I just went out to any store and bought it. So by my definition of deal the CoD 360 would be as bad as it gets being that it is $0 below retail. Total side note I would like to thank you for spelling definitely correctly. It is irritating to see so many people spell it definAtely. To be honest I'm not trying to start some "deal" war here I just think in a site where deals are freely exchanged there is no point ripping on someone for trying to provide people with a cheaper alternative to getting products.

[quote name='Guerrilla']I know, like on Uncle Vic's front page it says "save $10" on :360: Modern Warfare 2 which drops the price to... $54.99? Before shipping and tax where applicable? Right.

Thus far, his "deals" have been mediocre at best, and that's really pushing it. If you want to find us some deals (that are not recertified crap shoots) then please, enlighten us.[/QUOTE]

I like how you quote me saying there are some crappy deals on the site then point one out and treat it like I said UncleVic is the greatest deal site on the internet. If you are you completely against recertified products then that is an entire area of "deal" opportunities that you are missing out on.

[quote name='InFlames215']Look at the outline of the logo. It looks like someone did a really crappy job movin around the logo on the front of the building because there is a bunch of noise (crappy pixels) all around it, especially on the top.[/QUOTE]

This is called JPEG compression.

Also, whoever it was had a good point about the CoD MW2 360 "deal" being posted. Yes, some CAGs would like to know about that bundle being available, but some CAGs have clearly bought from "Uncle Vic" and been satisfied as well. Post and let post.

I'm thinking about getting a refurb PS3 from Uncle Vic... but this thread made me pause. Any other CAGers out there have some experience with them (Good or Bad of course) you can tell me about with them? I'm not too leery of refurbs, and it sounds like PS3s aren't exactly easy to find these days, so I thought I might take a chance.

Besides, I like the look of the older style over the slim PS3s, so if I can get a decent deal on one I might go for it.

Let the Vic jokes (and maybe some feedback) commence. heh.

[quote name='bubo']I don't know about the deal or the company, but that "poor photoshop" comment surprised me. So I went poking.

For a poor photoshop, they were good enough to fool Google Streetview.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1265+...=rYag4D6xYMj03CLWaoYIhg&cbp=12,272.85,,1,0.48[/QUOTE]

Lol... We have a detective amongst us, awesome job. Some people just love to call photoshop on things when they have no idea what they're talking about.

bread's done
Back