Unit 13 demo day

manalive

CAG Veteran
The Vita Hill clubs have set up so you can try out Unit 13 for the first time today only. It's at all 8 of the locations. Anyone gonna try it out?

I wasn't thrilled by the demo. Decent, but not great. I'll probably end up skipping this unless the reviews rave about it. If it's just middle of the road or above average I'll skip it. I have plenty of Vita and PSP titles I need to revisit along with Mass Effect 3.

[quote name='Poor2More']Demo will be available for everyone tomorrow[/QUOTE]
Where? I don't see it.

Edit: Never mind. Found it. I had to do a search for it.

Really liked the demo. Definitely going to get it on day one.

Love the idea of a portable shooter with 2-player co-op and new challenges every day.

For a shooter on a handheld, I thought the demo was pretty good. I have plenty of shooters to play on my home consoles though. Plus, a shooter just doesn't seem like a portable game to me. So, I don't see myself playing it.

[quote name='Hoffer']For a shooter on a handheld, I thought the demo was pretty good.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. It wasn't great or anything but as a shooter on a handheld console, it seems solid. But I think the future shooters that come out on the system will be far better than this.

If this game had competitive multiplayer, I'd probably get it. But the lack of a team deathmatch type of mode kills it for me. I'd get bored playing something like this as a single player only game. I know there's a co-op mode but that doesn't really tickle my pickle.

Still on the fence about this game. It essentially plays like Socom 4, and I'm not surprised that Zipper decided to call it something else instead of "Socom: (Fill in the Blank)". After the Die-Hard Socom fans ripped apart Socom 4, Zipper made the right move and avoided the high expectations of the Socom community and called this game something else.

Since the gameplay is focused around "Beating your highscore/Top the leaderboards", I may pass on this unless the Full version has a lot more to offer than what I see in the Demo's menus.

I played and beat the demo about 5 times, maxed out the commando (lvl 4 max in demo, full game goes higher) I went ahead and preordered from Amazon.

Remember guys, your data from the demo (including character lvls, high score, Weapons & attachment unlocks) will be transfer to the full version when you boot it up the first time.

[quote name='Poor2More']Remember guys, your data from the demo (including character lvls, high score, Weapons & attachment unlocks) will be transfer to the full version when you boot it up the first time.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome news! I was actually just discussing this with a friend tonight. Can I ask you where you got your info?

[quote name='bmachine']That's awesome news! I was actually just discussing this with a friend tonight. Can I ask you where you got your info?[/QUOTE]

Pulse 2/28

It was mentioned there.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shlby']Pulse 2/28

It was mentioned there.[/QUOTE]

Excellent...thanks. Looking forward to playing on Tuesday.

Is there only the tutorial in the demo? I notice you can mess around in the menus but couldn't go into anything else.

Go into the mission(s), there's only one unlocked and it's actually a tutorial followed by a "test". The analog sticks left me a bit unimpressed, but it *was* fun to play a shooter on a handheld with dual sticks. I think I just need to tweak the sensitivity. I still have this pre-ordered from Lockerz for $29.19 w/free shipping. Worse case, I hate it and I'll give a CAG member a good deal ;)

Ahh sweet you last two guys asked and answered my question. Thanks. I hope my local BBY has it in stock when I pick up ME3.

I found it at a local Best Buy.

Not sure what's up with their website but they still don't have Unit 13 (or Gravity Rush or Resistance: Burning Skies, for that matter) listed for sale.

bread's done
Back