Universal $5 off Blu-Ray

torped

CAG Veteran
Vote for your next choice of a Universal Blu-Ray release on Facebook and get a $5 off coupon toward any Universal Blu-Ray movie!

1. You must become a fan of them on Facebook before the offer works
2. You have to install the coupon printer. This is not a spyware of any type- this is standard coupon printing software used for a lot of sites to print coupons. I have used it several times for CVS deals and Wags coups.
3. This offer can be printed twice- just hit the back button after you install it. Should be able to get another coupon.

Coupon is good until May 30th. Should be a handy coupon, especially if there are some good price drops.

Hopefully my Walmart has Serenity for 10 bucks like their website does. $4.86 sounds about right for Serenity on Blu Ray.....since I already own it on HD-DVD. I haven't been willing to pay much for the movie on Blu as long as my HD-DVD player is working but about 5 bucks is enough for me to buy it again then sell my HD-DVD version for a dollar or so.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Keep in mind it's off regularly priced movies. Doesn't mean it won't work on sale items, but it will be harder.[/QUOTE]
I'd love to know if they're are some universal blu's marked out as 19.99 MSRP... *checks*

[quote name='flatliner718']I'd love to know if they're are some universal blu's marked out as 19.99 MSRP... *checks*[/QUOTE]

Just because a price is under MSRP doesn't mean it's on sale. Stores will sell some movies under MSRP because no one will buy them otherwise.

The best deal that I have seen (for movies I was interested in) were the Bourne movies at target. They have a temporary price cut at $17.99 and, so with $5 off you can get it for $12.99. This also includes a $10 pass to see Matt Damon's movie Green Zone. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Thanks OP. Using this coupon towards Apollo 13 as long as retailers have a good price for it.

Voted for Back to the Future - been dying to see these movies again but been waiting for the blus.

Definitely chimed in my vote for Back to the Future. Its a shame they don't make movies with like that anymore. Not even talking in terms of the plot but just overall "feel" of the movie.

i think i'm one of the only ones who will end up voting for backdraft. it's a sick, sick movie -- especially if you have a family who's got firefighters in your lineage.

[quote name='typical guy']Just because a price is under MSRP doesn't mean it's on sale. Stores will sell some movies under MSRP because no one will buy them otherwise.[/QUOTE]
True, but amazon is usually the go to 'store' for that, and you can't use this coupon with amazon. I will however say that Apollo 13 or Bourne Ultimatum (complete the trilogy for me) are two i'd be interested in getting.

Just a heads up but even though these coupons are legit, they seem to be very YMMV and also depend on your cashier's knowledge of movies.

At Target I ran into problems when I attempted to use one on a Focus Features movie. Focus is owned by Universal and on the Facebook page it said that the coupons could be used for Focus movies as well. In short, the barcode didn't ring up so the cashier had to manually enter the coupon. She refused to accept the coupon for the Focus film because it did not say Universal on the back cover nor did the coupon mention anything about Focus movies. She did let my other one slide as it said Universal on the back. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

My coupon states Focus movies are included. Although I am having a very hard time using these damn coupons.

M

I tried to by The Rundown at Best Buy. The blue shirt at the register wouldn't let me use the coupon because it was on sale and the coupon states that it's not for sale items. I told them to forget it then. It makes me wonder, why Universal cares if the item is on sale.

[quote name='gojiboy']Planning on getting The Thing today at BB for $4.99. Hopefully I don't get shot down. :whistle2:/[/QUOTE]

Nice buy! I got this too. Worked fine for me.

They have to manually key these in (probably due to the sale price technically making this invalid) but I was able to get both The Thing and Forgetting Sarah Marshall for 4.99 each FTW! \\:D/

ok, this was stupid. I went in to walmart and saw that they have "The last starfighter" on blu when I went in to check new releases. Went up front and the coupon spit out some little thing from the register denying it. They sent me to the CS counter and the 24 year old fat gamer who can't get laid took one look and said "was this printed on the Internet??" like that was the problem. and very lazily (his whole attitude was "why am I even here" ) trys scanning it and says "well if the system won't take it I have no way to over ride it" when I had used 2 of them not a week ago with a normal cashier who just ran them right through. WTF... seriously this is the 1st time I've actually been denyed at walmart for a legit coupon :(

[quote name='wormraper']trys scanning it and says "well if the system won't take it I have no way to over ride it"[/QUOTE]
I went to a regular register at Wal-Mart trying to buy Public Enemies regular price for $19.96 and it wouldn't scan either, saying the item was not found to apply the coupon to. Sent me to CS. Lady at CS was very bitchy and tried to tell me I copied the coupon. Then she told me the same thing they told you, about not being able to "override it if it doesn't scan" thing.

Took my movie and coupon, went to self checkout, scanned the movie, the coupon, prompted for the guy running the registers. He came over, looked at the coupon, entered the amount and I was good to go with no hassle from that guy at all.

After printing two then having an issue printing two under my wifes account and using the mail me one option I received two $5 coupons in the mail today from universal.

[quote name='dsimmelink']Anybody seen Do The Right Thing at their local BB? Can't seem to find it ANYWHERE so far...[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was looking for this movie too, unfortunately none of the BestBuys seem to carry this title but is available on their site.

Great movie nonetheless.... Really nice how Spike was able to capture the atmosphere of city life in New York at the time. Made you almost feel as you were living in the era.

[quote name='Emiroo']Anybody have a scan of the coupon? I don't do facebook and have no plans to join.[/QUOTE]
Scan would make the coupon invalid.

I love the idea but I just can't get behind having to INSTALL SOFTWARE to print a bloody coupon. Worse yet, it checks if you're running it in a virtual machine and refuses to install. That's too close to spyware behavior for me.

[quote name='thehailo']I love the idea but I just can't get behind having to INSTALL SOFTWARE to print a bloody coupon. Worse yet, it checks if you're running it in a virtual machine and refuses to install. That's too close to spyware behavior for me.[/QUOTE]

It's the same software used by several other companies to download coupons including Disney and General Mills. It's basically a way for them to control how many coupons are sent out and prevent people from making copies of the coupons.

No problems using the coupon on Apollo 13 over at Best Buy. They just applied it as a manufacturer coupon.

[quote name='JamesFerguson']It's the same software used by several other companies to download coupons including Disney and General Mills. It's basically a way for them to control how many coupons are sent out and prevent people from making copies of the coupons.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he understands the point of it. For him, apparently paying full price for stuff is worth not having "spyware" installed.

I'd can honestly say that I've saved enough money to BUY a computer using printable coupons. Obviously some folks don't think (potentially) hundreds of dollars a year is worth while.

To some extent it also depends on how you look at it. For instance, a niece wants princess and the frog. Her parents think the movie costs 30 or 35 bucks. I'll be getting the kid a present for her birthday anyway. I tell the parents I'll pick it up. I buy it for $5 and give it as a gift. They think I spend much more. That's a huge savings. Not to mention I can then buy a copy of Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 2 for 1.99 each. :) (of course that was release week(s) for those movies)

Point is, you can save a lot of money using this printing software. That guy thinks that the company is going to steal his credit card or something and isn't willing to download the software, that's his loss. Of course he could buy a netbook and use that for the coupons, it would pay for itself pretty quickly if he buys a lot of the Disney stuff especially.

[quote name='thehailo']I love the idea but I just can't get behind having to INSTALL SOFTWARE to print a bloody coupon. Worse yet, it checks if you're running it in a virtual machine and refuses to install. That's too close to spyware behavior for me.[/QUOTE]

it is not spyware, in any way, shape, or form. all it does is track on your computer, somehow, how many coupons your print of one offer.

Fyi walmart has some blu bundles with the dvd included but in seperate dvd case for $15. I was able to pick up Street Fighter blu/dvd and The last star fighter blu/dvd in seperate new sealed case just bundled together for $10 each. Nice deal considering I can now sell or trade the new sealed dvd versions and just keep the blu's. They had a few other of these 'bundles' not all universal movies though and some were oos. They were in a big red card board thing next to the electronics sections with a bunch of regular dvd's too. Of note I saw Serenity special edition dvd for $5 which is a decent price if you don't have it and haven't jumped to blu ray yet.

[quote name='Animal7390']it is not spyware, in any way, shape, or form. all it does is track on your computer, somehow, how many coupons your print of one offer.[/QUOTE]

It may not be "spyware" but it sure knows a hell of a lot more about you than it lets on

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/17/business/media/17coupon.html

A new breed of coupon, printed from the Internet or sent to mobile phones, is packed with information about the customer who uses it. While the coupons look standard, their bar codes can be loaded with a startling amount of data, including identification about the customer, Internet address, Facebook page information and even the search terms the customer used to find the coupon in the first place.

Got Spy Game for $5 but cashier needed manager to figure out how to put in the manufacturer's coupon. They didn't notice that it was on sale otherwise I think they would've rejected it.

bread's done
Back