Universal Legacy Sets 13.99 on amazon [dead]

Those are very good prices on those classic movies and they include the sequels too. But I am wondering how is the picture quality on them are?

[quote name='roguejedi5']Those are very good prices on those classic movies and they include the sequels too. But I am wondering how is the picture quality on them are?[/quote]
I have all the sets they released in 2004, and they're essentially the legacy sets, but in different packaging, but the picture quality and sound quality is excellent all around Universal treated there classic monsters very well.

I heard the new dracula 75th anniversary picture was a lot better than the legacy series, but i think id go with a little lower quality to get like 4 sequels also.

[quote name='roguejedi5']Those are very good prices on those classic movies and they include the sequels too. But I am wondering how is the picture quality on them are?[/quote]

I don't have an HD TV, so I can't vouch for how it holds up on that end, but the picture has been restored, and it's quite a noticeable difference after watching the movies and then viewing the documentaries that use footage prior to the clean up.

I got all of these from Amazon while they were on sale the last time during October. Frankenstien is the best of the bunch as it features two great films and a few mediocre sequels, where as the rest are typically one good movie and bunch of garbage sequels. Still, if you're a fan of classic horror, it's worth buying the entire set even if it's for one good movie because of the documentaries for each series.

[quote name='Karyyk']Cool. Just used my $50 Amazon gift card for four of them.
4abe17a1c80cbdd2aa241b70840879de.gif
[/quote]

Same. A good deal on classics that I couldn't resist. thanks!

bread's done
Back