Universal Price Drops: August 2004

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I thought it might be helpful to keep a monthly list of games whose prices have dropped at all (or most) stores.
You can post in this thread, and myself and the Cheap Ass Moderators can update this original post. Previous list

August 2004 - (updated 8/25)
Catwoman (PS2/Xbox/GC) $19.99 - :lol:
Champions of Norrath (PS2) $19.99
Drakengard (PS2) $29.99
Final Fantasy X-2 (PS2) $29.99
Front Mission 4 (PS2) $29.99
Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm (PS2) $19.99
Hitman: Contracts (PS2, Xbox) $39.99
Lord of the Rings: ROTK (PS2/Xbox/GC) $19.99
Mafia (PS2/Xbox) $29.99
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun (PS2/Xbox/GC) $19.99
Onimusha 3 (PS2) $39.99
Psi-Ops (PS2/Xbox) $29.99
Rainbow Six 3 (Xbox) $19.99
Samurai Warriors (PS2) $29.99
Sims: Bustin' Out (PS2/Xbox/GC) $19.99
Sonic Adventure Battle (GC) $19.99
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (all) $19.99
Super Monkey Ball 2 (GC) $19.99
Tony Hawk Underground (Xbox, GC) $19.99 PS2=$29.99
True Crime: Streets of LA (Xbox) $19.99
Transformers (PS2) $29.99
Viewtiful Joe (GC) $19.99

[quote name='Wario64']These titles will become Platinum Hits in August:

* Counter-Strike
* Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
* Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder
* True Crime: Streets of L.A.
* Midnight Club II
* Tony Hawk's Underground
* ATV Quad Power Racing 2
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
* Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom[/quote]

[quote name='smash bro']Isn't Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom dropping to $19.99 universally?[/quote]

Yes it is....it has become a PH.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I believfe 1080: Avalanche for GC is now $19.99. Not sure if it is a PC or not, though.[/quote]

I don't think so. Price drops on this game are still YMMV. CC still shows this at 49.99

[quote name='Oktoberfest']GAH, and I was planning on selling FFX-2 soon, too![/quote]

so hurry up and sell it and hope you get more money before the price changes

I'm surprised your BB even has Viewtiful Joe! My BB's really only have games that are "brand new" on their shelves... :?

Well, it's not really my Best Buy. I live in Goshen, Ohio (You've probably never heard of it... It's in the middle of the middle of nowhere...) So I go to one in Eastgate, Ohio (or Summerside, Ohio). They only have brand new games, too. But my brother lives in Dayton, which is where Beavercreek is, and there is a college right next to it. So they sell all kinds of games, and their Meijer sells more than most, and their McDonald's is open 24/7!

For $20, I think I'd like to finally try out True Crime: Streets of L.A.
It seems like it's worth that price, and I've heard from a few friends that it's pretty fun/ ;)

CON for $20? Hmm, maybe this month isn't so lame. THUG sounds interesting too, though it will be a LONG time before I master the other Tony Hawks I have (especially 4).

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']I believfe 1080: Avalanche for GC is now $19.99. Not sure if it is a PC or not, though.[/quote]

Where have you seen it for that price? I remember it being $9.99 for a couple of days at EB, but I haven't seen it cheaper new than $49.99 since.

THUG was pretty fun. I picked it up for $20 on the GC a few weeks ago and couldn't stop playing it. It's the first Tony Hawk game that I've beaten. Not sure I'd recommend it at $29, but for $19 it's a great deal. I can't wait for THUG 2!

I just moved and just got my cable internet back after 2 weeks. At Fry's Psi-Ops is 19.99 *In Store Only*

I think it's time to pick up THUG for Xbox and Champions of Norrath. I might even get Spongebob Squarepants, I've heard it's pretty fun.

Hope I can get FFX2 and Transformers is at my local BBs for $30 to GGC them. Last time I was there FFX2 was $40 and the stacks and stacks of Transformers they had were still $50. Gotta go check again asap.

No I dont recomend true crime at all. Its pretty bad. Its cool then all of a sudden it become a like mythical game with chinise voodoo or something. The control scheme is so complex you will be pulling the manual out trying to figure stuff out.

Both Gamestop and Amazon have dropped Amped 2 down to $19.99, so I'm guessing that's going to be a universal drop.

i saw psi-ops for $29.99 @ target, think its the same at circuit city...
goblin commander is $9.96 @ cc as well as the $9.99 @ tru

For what its worth, Hastings discounts games QUICKLY, Hitman Contracts used is down to 29, Full Spectrum Warrior new is 39 and used is 29, I even picked up THUG used on XBox for 9.99.

I believe Front Mission 4 may have received a universal price drop to $29.99. I have seen it for that price at EB, Gamestop, and Best Buy.

Looks like LoTR: ROTK is now a universal price drop to 19.99.
CC, BB and EB are all selling it for that price.

Edit: Forgot to mention that this price is for ALL systems.

bread's done
Back