Universal Price Drops: October 2004

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
I thought it might be helpful to keep a monthly list of games whose prices have dropped at all (or most) stores.
You can post in this thread, and myself and the Cheap Ass Moderators can update this original post. Last month's list

October 2004
Animal Crossing (GC) $20
Crimson Skies (Xbox) $20
Galleon (Xbox) $30
Kirby Air Ride (GC) $20
Mario Golf (GC) $20
Maximo: Army of Zin (PS2) $20
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow (GC) $30
Sudeki (Xbox) $30
Super Mario Sunshine (GC) $20
Wario World (GC) $20
Zelda: Wind Waker (GC) $20

EoN and Street are both $20 at Wal-Mart, although we haven't gotten the GCPC changes, or the Zelda/Kirby Air Ride changes either. However, Spider-Man 2 (PS2/XBX/GC) is down to $40 and Doom 3 (PC) is down to $40 as well.

I hope that's true about that Animal Crossing including the Memory Card 59? If so I'll pick it up soon (was going to anyway but Memory Card sweetens the deal)....

It does come with a memory card, but it's not like you'll be able to use it for anything else besides Animal Crossing, since the game takes up all 59 blocks to save.

Hm, Crimson Skies and Top Spin for $20 each finally.

I might have to pick one or both up. Anybody know if the Best Buy Bucks in the McDonald's Monopoly contest work on games?

[quote name='FunkSoulBrother']It does come with a memory card, but it's not like you'll be able to use it for anything else besides Animal Crossing, since the game takes up all 59 blocks to save.[/quote]

At least it'll save 59 blocks on my main memory card. I think it's about time I picked this one up.

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow on GC dropped to $29.99. GameCrazy, Best Buy..... (pretty quick eh, only 2 months after its uber delayed release)

Good game to pick up at BB with GGC, if you're a fan of the first SC.

Edit: yes, XBox version rules.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Maximo:Army of Zin went to 20 today[/quote]

It's about time! I'll definitely be picking this one up in the future.

Wal-Mart dropped NBA Ballers (X-Box and PS2) to $29.xx, MX Unleashed to $19.xx (PS2, maybe X-Box), Hitman Contracts to $29.xx (PS2/X-Box).

SSX3 and Smackdown HCTP are showing up with GH packaging now, also.

[quote name='tcrash247']Is Kirby's Air Ride any good?[/quote]

I had more fun w/ KAR than I did w/ the latest Mario Kart. The racing is fun, but the City Trial mode is what really makes the game - especially multi-player. I recommend it to anyone looking for something that's not your typical kart racer.

Sudeki is $30 at Gamerush and is currently part of the trade in any two games and get half off the "best" of 2004. You get the trade in value of the two games plus half off select games. I dumped two old sports titles and paid $1.50 of the $15 for Sudeki. Seemed like a good deal to me!

I don't remember seeing this, so I'll post it. It seems like Final Fantasy X-2 has made the price drop to 19.99 just about everywhere. I know its in the Best Buy thread for this week, but I saw it at Target today as well. I didn't bother going to EB as I had no desire to go there today.

[quote name='WarrenGekko']I can't wait till Pandora Tommorrow is $20 for PS2[/quote]

I can't wait till Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow is $20 for the Xbox...:wink:

Transformers is now $19.99 at BB so this probably can be added to the universal drop list. The Suffering (PS2) is $19.99 there too.

bread's done
Back