Universal remote for PS3 with on/off function?

WiiNet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
125 (100%)
Are there any universal remotes out there that will work for my TV/DVR/etc as well as my PS3? I'm worried about the USB options since the PS3 powers off USB when the system shuts off (and that would kill the ability to turn it on/off with the remote).

Thanks for any help.

This is something I've been looking at for years...seems like such a simple request but there weren't any due to very few devices being bluetooth. Just recently spotted this one at BB, and the reviews on Amazon look good as well. I believe it will turn on the PS3 as well.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blu-Lin...1350396&skuId=9898546&st=ps3 remote&cp=1&lp=3

No "one touch" macros to turn everything on, but honestly those features have bugged me more in other universal remotes as they typically don't work properly and force you to fix things afterwards anyway.

I think the only real solution to that is the Bravia Link with the new PS3's/Sony TV's

The remote can control the XMB and turn it on/off i believe.

The whole remote issue is what kept me from buying a PS3 before I did. I know that sounds trivial, but I bought a stand-alone Blu-ray drive before the PS3, because it's hard enough to get my girlfriend to learn one remote, let alone multiple.

[quote name='rpatrick']This is something I've been looking at for years...seems like such a simple request but there weren't any due to very few devices being bluetooth. Just recently spotted this one at BB, and the reviews on Amazon look good as well. I believe it will turn on the PS3 as well.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Blu-Link+-+Blu-Link+Universal+Remote+Control+for+PlayStation+3/9898546.p?id=1218191350396&skuId=9898546&st=ps3 remote&cp=1&lp=3

No "one touch" macros to turn everything on, but honestly those features have bugged me more in other universal remotes as they typically don't work properly and force you to fix things afterwards anyway.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it's me or not, but the link doesn't work. I'd like to see this remote if it does turn on the PS3

I remember Logitech was working on some sort of BT extender that would enable you to use any of their Harmony remotes with the PS3, but I don't think it came out.

I have a Harmony remote and it says when setting it up that it will work with the PS3 but you have to buy a BlueTooth adapter that costs like $50...I remember looking at them on Amazon so I know they are out there, but that's a bit too much just to turn on my PS3.

I actually discovered the BluLink a few days ago and ordered one from Amazon. Just got it today. It works! Pretty well too. The buttons are a little small and the layout isn't as good as my Tivo remote, but it does work like it's supposed to. I'm programming it right now.

bread's done
Back