Universe: season 1 Blu ray $8.75

Grabbed this... no idea why, but I grabbed it.

[quote name='basis']is this like a price mistake or is there a revised set coming out?[/QUOTE]

The Complete Series is coming out April 26, 2011, so they're probably clearing out for that... for me, one season is probably enough.

Great deal. Was going to bite, but I just noticed all 4 seasons are available in Netflix's instant collection. Not in full HD mind you, but good enough.

[quote name='zenintrude']Grabbed this... no idea why, but I grabbed it.

The Complete Series is coming out April 26, 2011, so they're probably clearing out for that... for me, one season is probably enough.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same reason here.

[quote name='zenintrude']The Complete Series is coming out April 26, 2011, so they're probably clearing out for that... for me, one season is probably enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's nearly 12 hours of the show in this first season, I can't imagine really needing the complete series set unless you're a huge geek for astronomy/astrophysics.

Thanks, OP. Ships in 1-3 weeks now, no hurry. After reading the reviews of the seasons, I don't think I'd be interested beyond S1 anyhow. S1 = excellent look at space and all the planets, S3 = "sex in space"?

I have a feeling if they offered this as one of their hourly lightning deals during Black Friday Week it would have been 100% claimed in minutes.

Dead, it appears. Only available from third-party sellers starting at $17.99 now.

Just as well -- I don't really need it taking up shelf space anyway, as I'd probably only watch it once. I'll catch it on Netflix instead.

[quote name='zenintrude']Grabbed this... no idea why, but I grabbed it.

The Complete Series is coming out April 26, 2011, so they're probably clearing out for that... for me, one season is probably enough.[/QUOTE]

Actually season 1 is pretty bad. All season 1 deals with is our solar system, the moons, extra. It's rather "bleh". The later seasons go into cool far out things like gamma rays, other dimensions, the multiverse.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Actually season 1 is pretty bad. All season 1 deals with is our solar system, the moons, extra. It's rather "bleh". The later seasons go into cool far out things like gamma rays, other dimensions, the multiverse.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually interested in the actual when it comes to this, so the theoretical (while compelling) is less of a draw for me.

[quote name='zenintrude']I'm actually interested in the actual when it comes to this, so the theoretical (while compelling) is less of a draw for me.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of a boring view of science. :lol:

It's the best thing I have ever seen on the planets though, really up to date for the time. Once of the planets, Jupiter maybe, has an hexagon storm on it's south pole that no one understands. It's really cool.

[quote name='bigdaddy']That's kind of a boring view of science. :lol:[/QUOTE]

The problem I have with stuff like that, while cool, is that it starts to border on science-fiction... because just because it could possibly be, does not mean that it is realisticly going to be.

And I like my science as hard like i like my dic... er... well, that is to say I like my science hard.

[quote name='zenintrude']

And I like my science as hard like i like my dic... er... well, that is to say I like my science hard.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I like you, even if I disagree about the science part.

[quote name='ajh2298']I finally got my copy today and it was opened with no shrink wrap. Did anybody else here get a copy like that?[/QUOTE]

Mine just shipped and I got in early.

Anyone else get an open copy?

[quote name='GizmoGC']Mine just shipped and I got in early.

Anyone else get an open copy?[/QUOTE]

I contacted them about it and they acted like my copy should have been sealed so they are sending me out a new one and sent me a return label for the used one to return via UPS.

[quote name='ajh2298']I finally got my copy today and it was opened with no shrink wrap. Did anybody else here get a copy like that?[/QUOTE]

Same here, any info on any inserts? I will save myself time if one isn't included.

So based on the few responses so far, I'm guessing everyone will get an opened copy and even if you ask for a replacement, it will also be opened.

[quote name='Twizz']Same here, any info on any inserts? I will save myself time if one isn't included.[/QUOTE]

There were no insets in my opened copy, the episodes are listed right on the Blu-rays they are on.

I was fine with the opened copy I was hoping they would offer a discount on my next purchase, and not go to the hassle of sending out another copy.

[quote name='zenintrude']Dang, wish people didn't have 800×350 sig pics.[/QUOTE]

I know right?

I wanted it to be 1000x350, but it wouldn't fit on most people's screen, so I have to settle for the 800x350.

Ups just dropped mine off, like everyone else the copy was unsealed and there was no insert. Called them and theyre sending out another one. Hopefully it will be sealed.

I could never really justify owning these - especially on Blu (what's the point?) - so knowing they are on Netflix means I will be busy watching them!

[quote name='JohnHarker']Mine was sealed but it didn't come with an insert. Was there supposed to be an insert?[/QUOTE]

Oh, there's always an insert...

Got my 2nd shipment for this item and it came the same way not sealed. After 10 mins on the phone with amazon they gave me a partial refund for the item and let me keep it.

Received my copy and it was open with no insert. Might call to see what they can do about it. I like the sound of partial refund.

bread's done
Back