Unknown Device - Missing Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Queen Serenity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
I am building a computer and I am done except for one remaining problem.

Under Device Manager there is entry in Other Devices for an Unknown device.

When I check details it states that the device is "on PCI standard ISA bridge"

I have updated all Audio/Lan/Video/Chipset Drivers but that still doesn't register correctly.

Here are the specs for my computer

Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H
Athlon 64 x2 4800+
1 GB DDR2 SDRAM 800(PC6400)
Windows XP Home SP1
Western Digital 160 GB SATA Hard Drive

Any idea what the missing driver might be?

Any recommendation on how I could find what is missing? I already went to AMD and Gigabyte's support pages put they proved to be useless.

If all the hardware are believed to be working, including all your peripherals like printers, webcam, etc, then you shouldn't waste too much time trying to find out what it is. And make sure you install service pack 2, that may provide some additional drivers.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']If all the hardware are believed to be working, including all your peripherals like printers, webcam, etc, then you shouldn't waste too much time trying to find out what it is. And make sure you install service pack 2, that may provide some additional drivers.[/QUOTE]
Yup. Once you install SP2, you should also be able to allow the Hardware wizard to search Microsoft for the drivers.

I had an unknown device when I first set up my last PC. Turns out there was an overclocking sensor/tool/thing built into the motherboard that would allow you to change your overclocking from windows. However, I don't know if GigaByte has anything like that.

I had a similar problem with an unknown device, turns out my motherboard had onboard audio, and I simply neglected to install that driver as i had a sound card installed as well.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']If all the hardware are believed to be working, including all your peripherals like printers, webcam, etc, then you shouldn't waste too much time trying to find out what it is. And make sure you install service pack 2, that may provide some additional drivers.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice, all of you. I went ahead and installed SP2(even though I didn't want to do so) and the driver was found. Apparently it was a driver for High Precision Event Timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back