Unlimited Saga(PS2) $14.82 at Walmart

leroy_1212

CAG Veteran
Feedback
1 (100%)
Went to Walmart(Cahokia, IL) last night and saw unlimited saga for $14.82. After that it gets fuzzy, all i know is that 5 minutes later I was standing outside of the store with a copy in my bag and short 15 bucks. :D I checked Walmart's website this morning and saw the same price online, so I suppose its the same at all stores. A PS2 RPG for under $15. Not bad, right?

Thanks for the deal, but it's been fifteen everywhere for a while. It is really cheap because it is not that great of a game. But for $15, how bad can it be?

Didn't know how long it had been at fifteen. (Heck, I just found out about it) But as far as quality of the game, most of the reviews I read were to the effect of, "Some people will like it, some won't." I suppose there are some redeeming qualities in there somewhere. (Saying all of this with out having even opened the game yet)

[quote name='leroy_1212']Didn't know how long it had been at fifteen. (Heck, I just found out about it) But as far as quality of the game, most of the reviews I read were to the effect of, "Some people will like it, some won't." I suppose there are some redeeming qualities in there somewhere. (Saying all of this with out having even opened the game yet)[/quote]

You're in for a big one.. Unlimited Saga blows chunks.

to the people who bashed it in this post:

have you played it for what it is? its a pencil and paper rpg presented on the ps2 with amazing visuals. its a really fun game, and id like to know specific reasons y people dont like it, and dont say "because its not final fantasy" because it never claimed to be.

[quote name='punqsux']to the people who bashed it in this post:

have you played it for what it is? its a pencil and paper rpg presented on the ps2 with amazing visuals. its a really fun game, and id like to know specific reasons y people dont like it, and dont say "because its not final fantasy" because it never claimed to be.[/quote]

First, the combat system was lackluster. Sure, it's not a FF, but it doesn't even come close to FF. The static shit didn't appeal to me. Each RPG has it's "own", but this one falls to the bottom. The game's presentation is just too simple. The menus just keep coming. Unlimited Saga is a flawed RPG, period.

[quote name='QuiteBitterBeing'][quote name='punqsux']to the people who bashed it in this post:

have you played it for what it is? its a pencil and paper rpg presented on the ps2 with amazing visuals. its a really fun game, and id like to know specific reasons y people dont like it, and dont say "because its not final fantasy" because it never claimed to be.[/quote]

First, the combat system was lackluster. Sure, it's not a FF, but it doesn't even come close to FF. The static shit didn't appeal to me. Each RPG has it's "own", but this one falls to the bottom. The game's presentation is just too simple. The menus just keep coming. Unlimited Saga is a flawed RPG, period.[/quote]

it never should have come close to FF, its a VERY diffrent kind of rpg, that really hasnt been attempted on consoles before.

ill agree the combat system is nothing amazing, but it works fine for what it is.

im not going to try and get things to appeal to you, you can like and dislike what you want.

i thought the presentation was great, and the menus come up because its a pen+paper style role player, and thats just how it works. thats like saying "megaman is a good game except that he has to make all those jumps"

i dont think its flawed at all. its not perfect, but a flawed game imo means its unplayable (tomb raider:aod, summer heat beach volleyball)

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='QuiteBitterBeing'][quote name='punqsux']to the people who bashed it in this post:

First, the combat system was lackluster. Sure, it's not a FF, but it doesn't even come close to FF. The static shit didn't appeal to me. Each RPG has it's "own", but this one falls to the bottom. The game's presentation is just too simple. The menus just keep coming. Unlimited Saga is a flawed RPG, period.[/quote]

it never should have come close to FF, its a VERY diffrent kind of rpg, that really hasnt been attempted on consoles before.

ill agree the combat system is nothing amazing, but it works fine for what it is.

im not going to try and get things to appeal to you, you can like and dislike what you want.

i thought the presentation was great, and the menus come up because its a pen+paper style role player, and thats just how it works. thats like saying "megaman is a good game except that he has to make all those jumps"

i dont think its flawed at all. its not perfect, but a flawed game imo means its unplayable (tomb raider:aod, summer heat beach volleyball)[/quote]

When I say "Sure, it's not a FF, but it doesn't even come close to FF" I'm speaking in terms of quality. Flawed IMO is a game not worth playing.

Punq knows what's up. I absolutely adore Unlimited Saga's style and gameplay. I'm not the biggest fan of menu-driven combat, but menu-driven exploration is where it's at. I appreciate not having to waste time running around in a huge 3D space and taking up considerable time to do something that a menu does in just several seconds - all while enjoying the gorgeous artwork of US.

I introduced my nephew to Unlimited Saga a few days ago. He's a huge Final Fantasy nut, too. I told him he would hate it. I thought for sure he would too, but now he wants a copy for a birthday present. He was all into it. Blew my mind. I thought SaGa was the Square RPG series FF fans hate...

-Hoshi

I loved Saga Frontier 1, I thought that that game was great, dunno why all hate it. I have Saga Frontier 2 but didnt play it much because I had so many other games to play, but one of these days I will get to it, didnt seem like its as good as #1 though. Ill probably pick up Unlimited Saga if I see it for 10$, it is 15$ at all the CC around me. I thought that the 7 intertwinging characters in #1 and then the special final battle when you beat them all was great. Dont know much about Unlimited Saga though.

I really liked the idea of unlimited saga I just couldnt get into it or pretty much any rpg now a days. To much time!

just because it got shitty reviews like alot of quiality games have........the industry isnt paid to give them high reviews so they wont get a high review........im a FF fanboy(well all pre FF9 FF's) and i adore US as well as its predecessors

I got Unlimited Saga this last weekend at Media Play for $12.99. It was part of a buy 2 for $22 deal, but there wasn't another PS2 game that was part of the deal that I was remotely interested in. I can't even think right now of which games they were.

[quote name='MauMauProductions']I liked Unlimited Saga. Target actually had these out on the shelfs for 98 CENTS.[/quote]

hell, for that price, I'd definitely give it a shot :D

[quote name='coolcps']Ill probably pick up Unlimited Saga if I see it for 10$, it is 15$ at all the CC around me.[/quote]

I've seen them at FYE around here in the $5 off each 4 or more games in blisterpacks, which would wind up $10 after the discount.

Hmm I've been eyeing this game for a while its the bad reviews that have kept me away but I think I may just be the type who would like it. For ~10 bucks I may have to pick it up

bread's done
Back