Unlock Ninja Gaiden II easily!!

OldSchoolNinja

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
*Ummm....SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD....maybe*

For those of you who visit Gamespot frequently, you'll already know about this. But here goes:

In chapter 4, make it to the clock tower. In the part where you have to shimmy across a couple wires to reach a chest (a couple white soldiers will be shooting at you all the while; kill them first). When you reach the chest, take out your bow, aim manually, and shoot the clock in the tower. A treasure chest will magically appear! Go down to the streets, make your way into the tower (up the stairs in that alleyway), ignore the ninjas that pop up (or don't) and claim your prize! No more having to get Master Ninja on all the stages!

This is good news for those who complain that they'll never be able to unlock the classic NES games. This could easily mean that the other games are hidden in this manner as well. I'm sure someone will find them eventually.

(Note: Since I'm pretty bad at explaining things, if you want to watch the video of how this is done yourself, just go to gamespot.com -> Ninja Gaiden -> Videos. You may need Gamespot Complete to view it)

WOOHOO! This rocks. After going through some of the early levels repeatedly and owning every enemy (or so I thought) I was still only getting Head Ninja. I thought the old NG games were beyond my reach...thanks.

Here's how to get Ninja Gaiden III.
Go to the Peristyle Passage, which is the ceremonial room in the Aquaducts, just before your boss fight with the giant fossil bird. It's adjacent to the Hall of Balance. Remember the golden scarab you got on top of the broken pillar? Triangle jump back up there and you'll find the Ninja Gaiden 3 game disc. This was from Gamespot.

You MUST collect the Ninja Gaiden classics in order meaning you have to get Ninja Gaiden from the 50 scarabs first. Then you do what the 1st post in this thread said to do to get II. Then you can get III.

I got these last night and it was a major relief not having to get master ninja on every level.

[quote name='ksuwild25']You MUST collect the Ninja Gaiden classics in order meaning you have to get Ninja Gaiden from the 50 scarabs first.[/quote]

Damn. I'm not even halfway through the game. And I know I missed some scarabs.

Master Ninja isnt hard, ranking from what ive seen is done on points. Even though the timer gives you points you can let it drop to zero. And just keep going back go fight things over and over again to boost your score and money. :) An alternative method for those that don't want to rush and like to give beat downs.

Yeah to be honest i haven't had that hard of time getting Head ninja and Master Ninja rankings.....it's finding all the scarabs that has troubled me the most probably.

I didn't have a problem really either getting Master rankings except for a few levels were there were hardly any enemies. I believe it was chapter 8 or 9 that was giving me these problems then I saw the easy way of getting the last 2 ninja gaidens so off I went.

anyone beat this yet? if i missed a few scarab will I have to beat it all the way through twice to get NG1 or will I just be able to collect the ones i missed the second time around?

From what I've read on GameFAQs, scarabs carry over from one game to the next. So if you beat it and are missing some scarabs, when you go back through again you only have to find the ones you missed. But I can't confirm this.

I have beat it and after the credits roll you get a chance to save your file to succesive play. From succesive play you only keep your scarabs (you will be able to see how many you have cuz you have them in your item screen until you turn them in at the beginning). You have to find the scarabs you missed your 2nd time thru, the ones you found don't respawn so you might have to get a checklist type thing which is what I did (from Gamefaqs).

bread's done
Back