UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

As of last night (10/06/04)

Halo $20
American Idol PS2 $18
Sims Bustin' Out PS2 $8
Tribes Aerial Assault $8

Plus an additional $5 per title.

Let us all not forget about our little helper, the Crackhead. He brings us deals so that we may benefit. I got Halo for $12 and American Idol for $10 at my local pawn shop.

[quote name='Santurio']I need coupons!!!!
I had to pay full pricee credit for MK:KE
still no cash but (shivers) I don't like paying full price!![/quote]

I picked that up for $40 tonight with one of those "trade in a game get any new game for $39.99". One of the gamerushes I go to has a ton of the coupons. When I brought the game up I expected a little hassle getting it to work since it's a $59.99 game, but the guy told me it automatically knocks off $20 instead of the regular $10 for most $59.99 games. With all my trade in credit I walked out with no money out of pocket.

Also picked up Katamari Damacy, KOTOR (non-ph) and Sly Cooper 1 (non-gh).

[quote name='msdmoney'][quote name='Santurio']I need coupons!!!!
I had to pay full pricee credit for MK:KE
still no cash but (shivers) I don't like paying full price!![/quote]

I picked that up for $40 tonight with one of those "trade in a game get any new game for $39.99". One of the gamerushes I go to has a ton of the coupons. When I brought the game up I expected a little hassle getting it to work since it's a $59.99 game, but the guy told me it automatically knocks off $20 instead of the regular $10 for most $59.99 games. With all my trade in credit I walked out with no money out of pocket.

Also picked up Katamari Damacy, KOTOR (non-ph) and Sly Cooper 1 (non-gh).[/quote]

So, you're saying that GR has Katamari Damacy? Which store?

Right On,

A gamerush just opened today here in Highland, Ca. Just in time to let me be the first to inaugerate it! Has anyone else been the first to trade in stuff at their gamerush? Kinda not cool because they're still learning how to do all the transactions. It took quite awhile to get all the stuff done.

Anybody know the trade-in value of:

PS2 mace griffin
PS2 I-Ninja
Xbox Mission Impossible Op. Surma
Xbox Syberia

(or post if you know what they sell for at Gamerush...)

[quote name='eraser813']Right On,

A gamerush just opened today here in Highland, Ca. Just in time to let me be the first to inaugerate it! Has anyone else been the first to trade in stuff at their gamerush? Kinda not cool because they're still learning how to do all the transactions. It took quite awhile to get all the stuff done.[/quote]

I think I have challenged just about every rep in my new gamerush, I was using the 20$ off coupon three weeks before they actually opened. They were cool about, so I've learned to be patient and smile. They have so far took about 30 crap sports titles for a total profit of 140$.

Well I just went to another Game Rush to see what titles they had. They had fable so I thought I would trade my games in get $5 extra and use my coupon.

No DICE!! They will no longer let you combine offers.. :(

I'm happy.
I picked up Fable for 10 dollars.
I used the trade 4/get one for $5 coupon in conjuction with a group of 4 old PS2 sports titles I had just picked up at the gamestop down the street.

If I use the trade 3 get any preowned game for 9.99 coupon from the magazines will I have the trade in value deducted from the 9.99 or do I have to give them the 3 games and the 9.99?

I had the value decucted from $4.99. There is a coupon in EGM, Gamepro, etc that says trade in 3 games get a used one for $4.99. It was the Spetember or October issue I believe not the most recent one.

The coupon expires on October 15.

I just traded in some stuff and came out really well!
Traded in 5 items so the $5 extra is applied....

Halo $25
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (Xbox) 6.50
Silpheed (PS2) $6.50
Spawn (PS2) $13
Medal Honor: Rising Sun (PS2) (Hated this game) $13
+ $20 off preorder of Smackdown vs. Raw
And have $27 left over (Free Midway Arcade Treasures 2!)
I got about $80 total in credit... GOTTA LOVE GAMERUSH!

Whoa, so you trade in 2 to lower the preorder, and then you get the credit from the trades? As in not like EB's crap "guaranteed" $10 per game?

[quote name='Gojtron']Whoa, so you trade in 2 to lower the preorder, and then you get the credit from the trades? As in not like EB's crap "guaranteed" $10 per game?[/quote]

Yes. Trade in 2 games to get a preorder for $29.99 MINUS the trade-in value of the traded games. It's basically an extra $10 for each game.

EB and Gamestop can bite me.

[quote name='racthamp']how much does Hobbit for Xbox or PS2 fetch? anyone know? thanx[/quote]

its getting 12, poke around in earlier pages of the thread for price quotes, we got pretty much every CC game covered.

Drove 70 miles today to the nearest Gamerush... :?

But its all good...I visited my bro while I was in town there.

Traded in the following for extra $5 each:

Fight Night 2004 = $30
Dino Crisis 3 = $15
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles = $30
Full Spectrum Warrior = $30
Halo = $25
Rainbow Six 3 = $12

Traded the following for $20 off pre-order:

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow = $18
Stuntman = $3 (Don't know why I hung on to this for this long)

In the end, I got $130 in credit and a paid pre-order for MGS3.

The employee who was helping me wouldn't let me combine the offers and get $5 extra and the pre-order without splitting the transaction :( . Ah well, good day.

Traded in these today (all prices BEFORE $5 bonus):

Xbox Turok 1.50
Xbox Unreal II 15.50
PS2 Mobile light force 2 1.50
Gamecube Batman rise of Sin Tzu 18

I used the "trade in 4 games, get any preowned game for $5" coupon too, but the selection of preowned games was rather lacking. Lots of old stuff and a billion Van Helsings etc, but no Fable, Battlefront or anything like that, so I went with Mario Kart Double Dash which at least still has a high value.
This might be of interest - I noticed they were selling used Xbox Syberia for $24.99, so maybe there's a decent trade-in price for that one. Oh and I saw that PS2 Katamari Damacy game on the shelf new for 19.99.

I traded in a few more the values are:

Whirl Tour PS2- $10.00
Kinetica PS2- $1.50
Freestyle Metal X GC- $5.00
Wakeboarding Unleashed Xbox- $8.00

Hobbit 20 bucks! You can buy it for 5 on eb then trade it for a new game. Buy 3 from eb trade in for 75 bucks!

Spawn is 13 Do the math on this one! LOL

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']Hobbit 20 bucks! You can buy it for 5 on eb then trade it for a new game. Buy 3 from eb trade in for 75 bucks!

Spawn is 13 Do the math on this one! LOL[/quote]

nah.. the EB is only for PS2 and Xbox.. the ps2 only fetch $12 and xbox only $10.. i did it today... my last hurruy i guess..

Yep. Go ahead and kill the goose that laid the golden egg.

I know that some of the trades allow for some obsene amounts of credit, but please every try to at least be reasonable.... You don't want to turn gamerush into a mirror image of Gamestop and EB.

I didn't do that just a thought for some others. Good deal if you can swing it though. I have a 5.00 dollar spawn and a free hobbit that just might be going. i haven't baught a ton of eb. I have to much i haven't played yet and too much on the way!

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']I didn't do that just a thought for some others. Good deal if you can swing it though. I have a 5.00 dollar spawn and a free hobbit that just might be going. i haven't baught a ton of eb. I have to much i haven't played yet and too much on the way![/quote]

It wasn't just about you, Mr_hockey66.
If you keep reading through the threads, you see a few people mention trading in 5+ copies of one game because of an out of wack trade in value for it.

The thing is, many of these people that have said that are the ones that gripe and bitch about how gamestop and EB rip you off on trade-ins.
By exploiting the "new kid on the block" in the manner they are, you almost guarentee that Gamerush will end up with trade values very much in line with those two. Right now, Gamerush is trying to establish themselves, thus the silly good deals that have been offered.

^Racthamp, GR just dropped the price to $22.99 on Riddick, so I imagine it will fetch less than it did a week ago. :(
Mech Assault on Xbox fetches $7
Timesplitters 1 for PS2 $1.50
and $1.50 for Tekken 3 for PS1

[quote name='Pope On A Rope']^Racthamp, GR just dropped the price to $22.99 on Riddick, so I imagine it will fetch less than it did a week ago. :(
Mech Assault on Xbox fetches $7
Timesplitters 1 for PS2 $1.50
and $1.50 for Tekken 3 for PS1[/quote]

thanx.. i saw a bunch of copy with $39.99, but one , so i tought it was a misprice.. then i could get it and turn it around..haha.. oh well.. thanx for your info

[quote name='racthamp']Anyone know how much

Riddick and metalgear Twinsnake (cube) fetch these days? thanx[/quote]

Riddick will get you $12.

I traded in a few more today:

THe Hobbit PS2- $12
Full Spectrum Warrior Xbox- $25
NFL Gameday 2004 PS2- $7
Madden 2003 PS2- $1.50

Hi,

Any GR/BB employee know in advance, are Hobbit GC or Unreal 2 XB dropping any more tomorrow, or will they still be at $20 and $15.50 respectively. Oh also if you know, will Hobbit XB & PS2 still be $12 or are they dropping as well. Thanks.

what's the latest price on madden 2004 and Primal?
how much do they fetch? I want to get them from eb and trade it in if it's worth it, thanks.

[quote name='gokou1628']what's the latest price on madden 2004 and Primal?
how much do they fetch? I want to get them from eb and trade it in if it's worth it, thanks.[/quote]

$5 for Madden '04 as of Monday.

Also, don't know if it's been posted but I got $22 for PN03.

too bad their website doesn't have a thing to enter in the game name and get a quote on the price for the game for the week, now that'd be kick ass.

I need trade-in prices on these games:

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (GC)
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PS2)
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (GBA)
Jet Set Radio Future (XB)
Halo (XB)

Also, how much do Xbox's get from Game Rush? I was thinking of selling this one, but I may get some good credit for a DS with it.

Thanks.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='gokou1628']what's the latest price on madden 2004 and Primal?
how much do they fetch? I want to get them from eb and trade it in if it's worth it, thanks.[/quote]

Also, don't know if it's been posted but I got $22 for PN03.[/quote]
Hopefully Madden will be like 2.00$ at EB games so I can pick a few up to trade in for Burnout 3 at Gamerush.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='gokou1628']what's the latest price on madden 2004 and Primal?

Cool about PN03 I am assuming that is after the $5 extra?

[quote name='jshorr'][quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'][quote name='gokou1628']what's the latest price on madden 2004 and Primal?

Cool about PN03 I am assuming that is after the $5 extra?[/quote]

No, that was before the $5. I got $27 total for PN03.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back