UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

[quote name='Chris in Cali']What would I get for...

WWE: Day of Reckoning (GC)
Mario Party 5 (GC)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Xbox)
Midway Arcade treasures (Xbox)
Namco Museum (GBA)
Star Wars/Tetris Worlds (Xbox)
StarFox Adventures (GC)
Eternal Darkness (GC)
1 Crappy DVD

Is there a deal where you trade in more than a certaint amount you get more..... What kind of deals are there?[/quote]

Since you traded in more than 3, you'd get 5 extra bucks on each of those, excluding the DVD that you'd get 8 dollars for.

You'd probably get like, 100 something for all of those. Probably more actually. Maybe.

[quote name='Nephets'][quote name='spin03']90[/quote]

Only 90? Bah. I wanted something closer to 100-110, use that towards a DS.[/quote]

Are you even sure GameRush is getting the DS? I went there the other day to try to pre-order it and its still not in the system.

Yep, Gamerush is getting the DS. You will be able to preorder it. If you can't already, you should be able to do so shortly. Also, most Gamerushes have received 2 of the new model PS2s. They are allowed to sell them, though I'm sure there will be a couple stores that will hold off.

$35 - WWE: Day of Reckoning (GC)
$30 - Mario Party 5 (GC)
$12 - Grabbed by the Ghoulies (Xbox)
$12 - Midway Arcade treasures (Xbox)
$9 - Namco Museum (GBA)
They didn't take it - Star Wars/Tetris Worlds (Xbox)
$10 - StarFox Adventures (GC)
$10 - Eternal Darkness (GC)
$8 - 1 Crappy DVD

[quote name='buster90'][quote name='pfunkpearl']Anyone know how much they give for mk deception collector's ed?[/quote]

I think its $40.[/quote]

Gamerush does not give more than $35 trade in credit for any game. There is a big sign outside that says," Up to $35 per trade."

[quote name='drfrielgood']Yep, Gamerush is getting the DS. You will be able to preorder it. If you can't already, you should be able to do so shortly. Also, most Gamerushes have received 2 of the new model PS2s. They are allowed to sell them, though I'm sure there will be a couple stores that will hold off.[/quote]

All the gamerushes I went to had no idea that there was even a new ps2 coming out, and once I informed them they said it would probably be another week before they get them (they were probably just talking out of their asses). I didn't want to wait so I just picked one up at walmart instead.

Bad news all:

So much for Tuesday drops. Just found out that Unreal 2 dropped to 12 from 15.50, PN03 dropped to $7 from 22, and Hobbit dropped to 3 from 20! What a bitch....

[quote name='jshorr']Bad news all:

So much for Tuesday drops. Just found out that Unreal 2 dropped to 12 from 15.50, PN03 dropped to $7 from 22, and Hobbit dropped to 3 from 20! What a bitch....[/quote]

That really sucks. Hopefulle someone will find another loophole.

[quote name='jshorr']Bad news all:

So much for Tuesday drops. Just found out that Unreal 2 dropped to 12 from 15.50, PN03 dropped to $7 from 22, and Hobbit dropped to 3 from 20! What a bitch....[/quote]

Were these quotes over the phone, or did you actually visit your local store?

mk and the kollecters edition are both 35 trade in. i asked a few days ago. was actually surprised by that because i was really expecting around 40

Traded in 3 games today all for xbox
prices include the $5 per game bonus
Fable - $40
NFSU - $30 (nfsu2 comes out next month, trade fast!)
Halo - $21 (ditto on above)

Used that to preorder NFSU2 xbox and WWE Smackdown vs Raw ps2

Tried to preorder Outlaw Golf 2 and Ultra Bust A Move both for xbox but they wouldnt let me since outlaw comes out this week and ultra they said isnt in the system because they dont take preorders on $20 games........ :roll:

[quote name='crucify'][quote name='jshorr']Bad news all:

Were these quotes over the phone, or did you actually visit your local store?[/quote]

Unfortunately I actually visited the store. And I got 15.50 and $7 for Unreal 2 and PN03 before extra $5 which I had to fight for....this was at a regular blockbuster....I didn't have any hobbit's with me but I decided to ask because obviously there had been a drop...and I was told 9.99 for sale preowned, $3 trade in value. I double checked that she was looking at gamecube but if someone else wants to call or try for confirmation it's possible she could have been wrong or looking at another format. But the first 2 actually came up as stated....

I traded two PN03 on Sat. :)

I capitalized on the trade one in and get a new game for 29.99. I ended up getting Battlefront and burnout 3 for about 7.35 a piece.

shoot.. i lucked out.. i trade both hobbit and pn03 last night (thought the store didnt give me extra $5.. didn't wanna fight over it.).. so anyone know how much space channel 5 still fetch? I have to trade my need for speed for cube soon...

[quote name='"$hady"']Traded in 3 games today all for xbox
prices include the $5 per game bonus
Fable - $40
NFSU - $30 (nfsu2 comes out next month, trade fast!)
Halo - $21 (ditto on above)

Used that to preorder NFSU2 xbox and WWE Smackdown vs Raw ps2

Tried to preorder Outlaw Golf 2 and Ultra Bust A Move both for xbox but they wouldnt let me since outlaw comes out this week and ultra they said isnt in the system because they dont take preorders on $20 games........ :roll:[/quote]

are they still allowing the preorder deal. I thought the new deal was to buy any new game release at 29.99 w/ 2 game trade in. What deals did you use.?

I bought:
2 XIII's for $2.54 at Target
2 Max Payne's for $1.99 at Best Buy

Traded in at:
XIII: $2 + $5=$7
Max Payne: $8 + $5=$13

So, I spent $9 and got $40 credit

[quote name='sying'][quote name='jshorr']Just called a different store also, $3 for Hobbit GC is correct....[/quote]

Hellooo FYE[/quote]

How much is FYE giving for it? How about the PS2 version?

no they only deal they are doing at my locations are trade 3 get $5 each per game and some other crappy deal. I just used the credit to straight up preorder them. I already have around $270 credit besides those games i traded.

[quote name='VA'][quote name='sying'][quote name='jshorr']Just called a different store also, $3 for Hobbit GC is correct....[/quote]

Hellooo FYE[/quote]

How much is FYE giving for it? How about the PS2 version?[/quote]

I don't know about FYE per se but wherehouse.com says $7.50 for all versions. So, Hellooo return for me.

sorry if posted before, but how much are they giving for SW: Battlefront (PS2)?

thanks in advance.

[quote name='Soyner']sorry if posted before, but how much are they giving for SW: Battlefront (PS2)?

thanks in advance.[/quote]

last time i was at GR battlefront was getting 35, but if you trade in 3 or more you get a 5 buck extra

Traded in the following today. All prices include the $5 extra per game for trading in 3 games or more.

Pokemon Channel (GCN) $15
Bomberman Jetters (GCN) $12
Max Payne (GBA) $18

Total $45. Not bad for a $12 investment at Best Buy on a few clearance games this morning. I paid $1.99 for Max Payne and $4.99 each for Pokemon Channel and Bomberman Jetters. I was very lucky to get the games I did get though. I got to Bestbuy early this morning and the place was almost entirely cleaned out.

NBA Live 2004 (GC) is still $16 trade in at Blockbuster. If you trade in 3 games then it goes up to $21.

I bought 4 copies today from Bestbuy for $4.99 each and traded 4 in along with 2 other games at 2 Blockbuster locations.

I was just thinking... all this trading back and forth, they are making a profit in the end... somewhere.

[quote name='jetblac']I was just thinking... all this trading back and forth, they are making a profit in the end... somewhere.[/quote]

In the end, yes, but they're not making much right now. At the moment they're giving us these great trade-in deals to try and entice people away from EB and Gamestop, whose trade-in deals are pathetic in comparison to Gamerush. You know they're losing money by selling new release games for $29.99 and all they're getting in return is a used NFL 2k2 :)

Do the following games have any value other than the $5 plus minimum value at GR?

-PS2-
Castlevania LOI
Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer
Tansworld Surf
GTA III
GTA Vice City
Dark Cloud 2
Matt Hoffman BMX 2
FFX-2
FFX non GH
Tekken Tag Tournament
Max Payne 2
Downhill Domination
Legacy of Kain Defiance
Devil May Cry 2
Katamari Damacy

I have more, just cant remember. I was going to trade these all in for credit against new games @29.99 then trade those new games back. Any thoughts. I paid almost retail for the above games so I feel pretty sad selling them for less than $10, what a waste... hope to never pay retail again.

[quote name='fragmanslayer']Do the following games have any value other than the $5 plus minimum value at GR?

-PS2-
Castlevania LOI
Kelly Slaters Pro Surfer
Tansworld Surf
GTA III
GTA Vice City
Dark Cloud 2
Matt Hoffman BMX 2
FFX-2
FFX non GH
Tekken Tag Tournament
Max Payne 2
Downhill Domination
Legacy of Kain Defiance
Devil May Cry 2
Katamari Damacy

I have more, just cant remember. I was going to trade these all in for credit against new games @29.99 then trade those new games back. Any thoughts. I paid almost retail for the above games so I feel pretty sad selling them for less than $10, what a waste... hope to never pay retail again.[/quote]

If you go that route instead of trading them back in I would try to sell them on ebay or to friends for a small CASH profit as opposed to credit. If you pay $20 each per new game (assuming you get $5 for each trade-in) you can hope to get 10-20 actual cash profit by selling them sealed if the game is hot enough. Although selling to people at work/school etc. will get you more than Ebay, where selling prices just keep getting lower and lower. Even if it's more effort cash is always better than credit if the amount is close because you can always try to find the most cheapass deals at any store instead of being comitted to one.

Trading those games in to buy GTA SA for (30 - credit) and selling them to friends. I would be breaking even if I sold less than 35 per game. What is a reasonable price to sell those 49.99 games sealed?

THUG 2= 40 with 5 bucks extra
X-Men LEgends= 30 with 5 bucks extra
SC: PT= 18 without 5 bucks as they sell it for 22.99
NFL Street= 13 with 5 bucks extra
Crazy Taxi 3= 13 with 5 bucks extra

Bought myself an SP and Tactics Ogre. :D

I thought they dont buy "special edition" games. And they have the signs out that say 35 or less for trade in games. Are they actually giving 40+5 for newer games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back