UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

2005 was one of those "guaranteed in" games this year. As such, blockbuster bought a buttload of copies. Since theyve got so much of their own damn stock to clear out, they are paying almost nothing for yours.

[quote name='yeahokthenfu'][quote name='GameDude'][quote name='buster90']How much will NBA Ballers Xbox, Guluty Gear X2, PS2, and Tony Hawk 4 PS2 all get me?? Anyone know?[/quote]

www.yellowpages.com[/quote]
What does that have to do with trade in values?????????[/quote]

He's suggesting in a subtle way (nice touch I thought :lol: ) that the quickest most reliable way to get that info would be to call his gamerush. Sure, there is a slight chance somebody may have traded in ALL of those games recently but one would be much better off calling, rather than hoping for miracles.

If anybody needs some help with other complex issues such as this like dialing a phone or speaking english to the gamerush employee to get your questions answered, feel free to PM anyone BUT me. Thank you.

[quote name='yeahokthenfu']Damn that sucks a newer game only worth $16 trade in[/quote]

I guess but its not unexpected. Think about, there are like 5 million madden 2005s out there. Store shelfs are stacked full of new ones and used ones are more common that boxes of Tide.

The thing is, madden isnt really a new game. Yes, it is, but it isnt. The supply is so damn high that it floods the market. And, the fact that its a sports game only makes its decent trade value "life" that much shorter.

Next year when you are scrambling to buy madden, remember this. Each and every year I wanted madden, I was able to get it BEFORE the midway point of the football season for at or LESS than half of retail price.

Traded in the following today. All trade-in values include the $5 extra per game for trading in 3 games or more.

Dynasty Warriors 4 (xbox)- $21
Pokemon Channel (gamecube)- $15
Beyond Good and Evil (xbox)- $13
Medal of Honor:Infilitrator (gba)- $7

[quote name='yeahokthenfu'][quote name='GameDude'][quote name='buster90']How much will NBA Ballers Xbox, Guluty Gear X2, PS2, and Tony Hawk 4 PS2 all get me?? Anyone know?[/quote]

www.yellowpages.com[/quote]
What does that have to do with trade in values?????????[/quote]

Are you serious?

Went to get my GTA SA today and traded in fable 35, sudeki 12, mechassault 7, all before 5$, got total 67.92$ after 5$ ya I know it dont add up but didnt realize it after I got home oh well, but I asked if they had any madden 05 for ps2 and he said ya we got 28 copies for sale used, I checked the racks and saw like 1 so maybe they count rentals as used inventory.

I know calling is the easiest way but since many other people have asked about what the value of their games are in this thread I thought I would give it a shot as well. PLus the employees are stupid at the Denton Gamerush and don't know what I am talking about.

ty the tasmanian tiger (ps2) - $7
socom (ps2) - $7
gta 3 (ps2) - $3

plus $5 for trading in all 3

the la habra, CA store has a lot of good games there if anybody is interested. :)

EDIT: i forgot to add which good games were available. some that i saw were:

burnout 3
a couple of fable's
star wars: battlefront
shadow hearts (promo copy)

all games were xbox except shadow hearts (ps2)

ESPN NFL 2k5 Xbox- $10.00
Madden 03 PS2- $6.50
Madden 02 PS2- $6.50
Turok Xbox- $6.50

Last three included the $5 extra per game. I only got $10 for ESPN because i use it on the other promotion trade 1 pre owned in get a new release for $29.99, which actually expired on the 25th. I had the manager manually enter a $20.00 discount, because the csr told me that the deal was still on.

Has anyone run into this? I went to trade Everquest:OA and Guilty Gear X2(Xbox) and both games were untradable according to Gamerush. Have i missed something? Does anyone know the specifics for this? Heres a couple trde-in values before the extra $5

The Suffering(xb) $7
Fairly Odd Parents:Breaking the rules(xb) $7.50

[quote name='doubledown']What does GTA:2-pack for XBOX go for? Do they take them seperate or as one?[/quote]

Technically they are not supposed to take it since the barcode isnt in the system... but most of the time just get rid of the cardboard linking material and they take them in as separate game.

About 2 months ago GTA 3 was $7.00 and GTA: VC was $9.00 or $13.00.

Heres my trade-in values for a few days ago

Metal Arms (xb) 7
Beyond Good and Evil (xb) 8

Madden 2005 still going for 30 before extra 5 deal. Prices posted on whiteboard in store.

Xmen Legends $35
Devil May Cry 2 $13
NFL Street $12
Need For Speed Underground $27

prices include extra 5 per game

Wow, i'm surprised devil may cry 2 was getting $8 (before the extra $5).

Anybody know what I can get for:

Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC)
Silpheed (PS2)
Wario World (GC)
Resident Evil (GC)
Klonoa 2 (PS2)
Voodoo Vince (Xbox)

Also, has anybody seen katamari damacy at gamerush yet?

[quote name='andrew333']the gr where i got my doau pre-o said the 29th is the release date for them[/quote]

thanks but do you know if its like that everywhere now or just GR?

[quote name='slavefive']Wow, i'm surprised devil may cry 2 was getting $8 (before the extra $5).

Anybody know what I can get for:

Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC)
Silpheed (PS2)
Wario World (GC)
Resident Evil (GC)
Klonoa 2 (PS2)
Voodoo Vince (Xbox)

Also, has anybody seen katamari damacy at gamerush yet?[/quote]

I got $10 for Wario World and $7 for Voodoo Vince when I traded them. Thats was about a month ago. And yes GR carries katamari Damacy. Suprisingly, they are the only ones near me carrying the game. CC and BB didn't know what it was and TRU was out of stock. What are the odds of that.

all for ps2 and including the extra $5:

grand theft auto: san andreas - $35
medal of honor - $12
seven samurai - $21
triple play baseball - $6.50
dark cloud - $8
devil may cry - $10
devil may cry 2 - $13
mace griffin bounty hunter - $6.50
extermination - $6.50
red faction - $6.50
nfl 2k3 - $6.50
blowout - $8
dead or alive 2: hardcore - $6.50
mobile suit gundam: journey to jubro - $8
nba street v2 - $13
midnight club - $8

[quote name='dracula']$21 for seven samurai? wasnt that one of the worst games of the year gamerush is weird sometimes[/quote]

You think that's weird? Remember when they were giving $21 for Drake?

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='dracula']$21 for seven samurai? wasnt that one of the worst games of the year gamerush is weird sometimes[/quote]

You think that's weird? Remember when they were giving $21 for Drake?[/quote]

Ah, the good ole' days...

Anyone know the value for these games:

PS2

Kill. Switch
Madden NFL 2004
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
NBA Street Volume 2
Rainbow Six 3
Socom w/HeadSet
Tribes Aerial Assault

XBOX

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Fuzion Frenzy(Missing Case Artwork)
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude(SEALED)
Grand Theft Auto Vice City w/Map
Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio Future(Cracked Case)

Games I'm looking to get from the deal:

Mortal Kombat Deception Premium Pack(PS2)
Def Jam Fight for NY(PS2)
Halo(XBOX)
X-Men Legends(XBOX)

Another Question, do they take trade value in for unreleased games such as Halo 2(XBOX)?

[quote name='DRBagabundo']Another Question, do they take trade value in for unreleased games such as Halo 2(XBOX)?[/quote]

I assume you mean to reserve a copy of the game? Yes, yes they do.

[quote name='DRBagabundo']Anyone know the value for these games:

PS2

Kill. Switch
Madden NFL 2004
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
NBA Street Volume 2
Rainbow Six 3
Socom w/HeadSet
Tribes Aerial Assault

XBOX

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX 2
Fuzion Frenzy(Missing Case Artwork)
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude(SEALED)
Grand Theft Auto Vice City w/Map
Sega GT 2002/Jet Set Radio Future(Cracked Case)

Games I'm looking to get from the deal:

Mortal Kombat Deception Premium Pack(PS2)
Def Jam Fight for NY(PS2)
Halo(XBOX)
X-Men Legends(XBOX)

Another Question, do they take trade value in for unreleased games such as Halo 2(XBOX)?[/quote]

a lot of those games you mentioned have prices listed in the previous pages. in fact, i posted the price for nba street vol 2 on the same page as this/your post.

Anyone have any idea for:

Unreal 2 XB - was $12 a while ago, did it drop again?
LOTR: TTT GC
Project Gotham Racing 2 - XB
Rallisport Challenge 2 - XB

thanks

Soon.

I'll check my book tomorrow and tell you the official date.

I think maybe another 2 weeks....however, it cant come soon enough for me.

Neither can that stupid $8 trade for dvd's. You should see how many trades I have to process in the morning! it's crazy!

has anyone traded more then 10 items in a day? I was looking at the flyer and notice it said Limit to 10 trades per transaction, and one trade for each member a day. Anyone go beyond that? I have a lot of stuff to trade in, and I think Sunday is the last day for those deals.

[quote name='jshorr']Anyone have any idea for:

Unreal 2 XB - was $12 a while ago, did it drop again?
LOTR: TTT GC
Project Gotham Racing 2 - XB
Rallisport Challenge 2 - XB

thanks[/quote]
When I traded in my copy of Rallisport Challenge 2 here in Ohio I got only 7.00$ for it.

[quote name='tenzor']has anyone traded more then 10 items in a day? I was looking at the flyer and notice it said Limit to 10 trades per transaction, and one trade for each member a day. Anyone go beyond that? I have a lot of stuff to trade in, and I think Sunday is the last day for those deals.[/quote]

I have, first time was trade 3 games get extra 5$ I traded in 20 games that day with no problems, at another store I did the trade 8$ dvds and traded in 15 dvds the store manager processed my trade and was training a couple of people no problem either. I guess it will depend on your clerk.

[quote name='basketkase543']I bought NBA Street from BB a while ago but it never had the actual cover of the game, just the generic BB cover. Can I still trade that in?[/quote]

Yes. All you need is the game disk. No box, manual or anything else. I saw a guy there last night with a cd wallet just randomly checking the value of the games and trading in the ones that got good credit.

Her are the games I traded in last night (all have +5 credit added)

PS2
Primal 6.50
Alias 8.00
Harry Potter & CoS 8.00
Silent Hill 2 10.00
Backyard Wrestling 12.00
NCAA 2k3 6.50
Agressive Inline 6.50

Xbox
NFL 2k3 6.50
Tony Hawk 3 8.00

GC
Enter the Matrix 13.00

Nothing too great. But just incase anyone wants to trade any of these in anytime soon. Most of these have been 5.00 at one time or another (which is what I paid) so I still came out ahead.

[quote name='robwhit1'][quote name='basketkase543']I bought NBA Street from BB a while ago but it never had the actual cover of the game, just the generic BB cover. Can I still trade that in?[/quote]

Yes. All you need is the game disk. No box, manual or anything else. I saw a guy there last night with a cd wallet just randomly checking the value of the games and trading in the ones that got good credit.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll trade that in today then. Does gamerush usually have deals for ps1 and dc trade ins? I have a couple of crappy games I wanna sell.

These are after +$5 credit:

PS2
Maximo 1 - $6.50
Onimusha 2 - $12.00
Swing Away Golf - $6.50
007: Agent Under Fire - $8.00
Burnout 2 - $17.00
Virtua Fighter 4 - $6.50
Gran Turismo 3 - $10.00
Madden 2001 - $6.50
Red Faction - $6.50
Socom 1 - $12.00

GC
Freedom Fighters - $13.00
NBA Street - $8.00

I asked because sometimes if you sell a game to them they give you X dollars, but if you use the game as credit for another game, the might give you more credit towards the trade-in. Get my drift?

Another question, when I take games to get them traded in, do I have to use the credit at that moment? or can I come back another day and redeem the credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back