UNOFFICIAL Game Rush Trade in Value of games thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgb0607

CAG Veteran
I figured we should have a thread for this as there seems to be some prices scattered around this site.

Here's what I got for some Xbox games on 6/20:

Mechassualt - $8
Blood Wake - $7
Time Splitters - $8
GTA 3/4 - $25
Indiana Jones- $3
Freedom Fighters- $8
Armed and Dang - $12
Riddick- $35

not really a great way to save money, but this is a pretty good way to save.

right now GS is having their buy 2 get 1 free sale. go there and buy 2 games that will get you 35 in credit at gamestop, and then get the 3rd game for free. this will cost you 90+tax

then go to gamerush and trade all 3 in at once which will get you 105 in credit, and you can pick a used game of your choice.

so basically you get a game and 15 bucks. not too bad

[quote name='spin03']not really a great way to save money, but this is a pretty good way to save.

right now GS is having their buy 2 get 1 free sale. go there and buy 2 games that will get you 35 in credit at gamestop, and then get the 3rd game for free. this will cost you 90+tax

then go to gamerush and trade all 3 in at once which will get you 105 in credit, and you can pick a used game of your choice.

so basically you get a game and 15 bucks. not too bad[/quote]

Even better is to trade three cheap used games for an expensive one free then trade in the expensive game. But as many people have noted, they suspect there accounts are being flagged for buying then reselling the used games to gamerush, even at different stores. It isn't worth it IMO.

[quote name='spin03']not really a great way to save money, but this is a pretty good way to save.

so basically you get a game and 15 bucks. not too bad[/quote]

The only problem i have with this deal is the fact that you have locked in cash at GameRush, and GS has a much larger selection of stuff. I've been doing this deal somewhat in reverse, buying 3 crappy games from GS, trade them into GR, take high dollar game back to GS, buy more crappy games, repeat and rinse, you should make 10-25 dollars per turn around.

I've also done your deal, but used my GR credit to buy games to build my GS credit, that way I have lots of options for where I get used games from, and with buy 2 get 1 deals I really maximize my credit.

I picked up the new Gamerush flyer with game prices. It is dated November 30 so I assume these prices should be good for some time.

Halo 2 CE- 45
Goldeneye- 35
San Andreas- 35
Halo 2- 35
killzone- 35
Metroid Prime 2- 35
NFS Underground 2- 35
Burnout 3- 30
Call of Duty- 30
Def Jam NY- 30
LOTR THird Age- 30
Tiger Woods 2005- 30
Tony Hawk Undergrond 2- 30
THe Urbz- 30
X-men Legend- 30
WWE Smackdown- 30
Ace COmbat 5- 28
Mario Tennis- 28
Men of Valor- 28
Backyard wrestling 2- 25
Fight Club- 25
Ninja Gaiden- 25
Tales of Symphia- 25
Pokemon Colliseum- 25
POP Warrior Within- 22
Kingdom Under Fire- 22
Ratchet and CLank 3- 22
Spiderman 2- 22
Mario Kart- 20
Marvel Capcom 2- 20
Donkey Country 2- 15
DW 4 Xtreme- 15
Smash Bros Melee- 12
ESPN COllege Hoops- 10
NBA 2k5- 10
Wind Waker- 8
Links 2004- 8
Outlaw Golf 2- 8
Old Republic- 8

[quote name='lordopus99']22 is so lame for PoP:WW.[/quote]

at first i thought POP retails for $40, so 22 would make sense (used price of $35). but i asked the guy, and he said $50, so $22 really is a low figure for a new $50 game. I wonder if it'll go up next week.

[quote name='buster90']I picked up the new Gamerush flyer with game prices. It is dated November 30 so I assume these prices should be good for some time.

Halo 2 CE- 45
Goldeneye- 35
San Andreas- 35
Halo 2- 35
killzone- 35
Metroid Prime 2- 35
NFS Underground 2- 35
Burnout 3- 30
Call of Duty- 30
Def Jam NY- 30
LOTR THird Age- 30
Tiger Woods 2005- 30
Tony Hawk Undergrond 2- 30
THe Urbz- 30
X-men Legend- 30
WWE Smackdown- 30
Ace COmbat 5- 28
Mario Tennis- 28
Men of Valor- 28
Backyard wrestling 2- 25
Fight Club- 25
Ninja Gaiden- 25
Tales of Symphia- 25
Pokemon Colliseum- 25
POP Warrior Within- 22
Kingdom Under Fire- 22
Ratchet and CLank 3- 22
Spiderman 2- 22
Mario Kart- 20
Marvel Capcom 2- 20
Donkey Country 2- 15
DW 4 Xtreme- 15
Smash Bros Melee- 12
ESPN COllege Hoops- 10
NBA 2k5- 10
Wind Waker- 8
Links 2004- 8
Outlaw Golf 2- 8
Old Republic- 8[/quote]

Cool I traded Fight Club at EB last night for 30$, I made the right choice :)

12/4

Amped (xbox) - 3.00
Eternal Darnkness (GC) - 5.00
KillZone (PS2) - 35.00
Mad Catz Wirleless Controller (xbox) - 12.00

Picked up LoTH: Third Age for $10.00 and a new Logitech xbox wireless controller.

[quote name='slavefive']How much was the Logitech controller? I have $25 in credit and was thinking of getting one for the PS2.[/quote]

I guess it varies by store. The xbox controller was 49.99 and the ps2 controller was 39.99. I went to two different gamerush stores and both had the same price as I stated above. Crap, I wish I would have found it for 39.99.

I found one used xbox logitech controller for 25 bucks. I would have bought it, but the right thumb stick was missing the rubber top. I didn't look too comfortable. Anyone know if Logitech will replace the rubber top if its sent in for warranty repair?

Kinda off topic, but I just got back from Microcenter. I picked the PS2 Logitech controller for 24.99 and tax. Its 15 bucks cheaper than gamerush, so I thought someone would like to know. Also, I believe you can order it off their website if there is not one close to you.

[quote name='lordopus99']^ you made the wrong choice when you first purchased it though.[/quote]

It was a trade 3 buy for 10$, so I actually made 15$

[quote name='rg0019'][quote name='slavefive']How much was the Logitech controller? I have $25 in credit and was thinking of getting one for the PS2.[/quote]

I guess it varies by store. The xbox controller was 49.99 and the ps2 controller was 39.99. I went to two different gamerush stores and both had the same price as I stated above. Crap, I wish I would have found it for 39.99.

I found one used xbox logitech controller for 25 bucks. I would have bought it, but the right thumb stick was missing the rubber top. I didn't look too comfortable. Anyone know if Logitech will replace the rubber top if its sent in for warranty repair?[/quote]

the gamerush i visit has the ps2 logitech wireless controller for $39.99 and the xbox version for $49.99. while i was looking at the xbox logitech packaging today, it said that you can get a $5 or $15 rebate with a purchase of a controller before Dec. 31. i don't remember the conditions for the $15 rebate, but i do remember for the $5 rebate. in order to get a $5 rebate you have to purchase any xbox game with the controller. hope that can help somebody out if they want to use their credit towards an xbox logitech wireless controller :lol:

went to a gr and payed for a ds w/my g-card. the manager in training that rang me up was suspicious about my high ballance. he said that i could be investigated along w/everyone else that has a $100+ balance on their card. i thought this was bs as he prob had a hair up his ass cause that was the last ds they had. he said that it was not his choice to have an inquiry on my account through loss prevention and would be automatic cause there system is tied to all gr's. all i know is im not doing anything illegal by trading games and the contract they make you sign isn't breached by my trading habits.

has anybody had any such experiences when making a purchase like this?

btw:

GCN - Need for Speed 2: $35
GCN - Tiger Woods 2005: $35
XBOX - GTA Double Pack: $20

Minos,

What state was this trade in?

There have been problems with overly large credits on gift cards getting people banned "pending further investigation", but nothing like what you're describing. This guy is full of shit if he implied that any illegality was being performed. At best, he could suspend your trading at GRs in the future.

i bought the logitech xbox controller for 49.99 at my game rush about 2 weeks ago, last week i saw it for 39.99, they refunded me the difference, my guess is if you have them scan the controller it will show up at 39.99 notwithstanding the price tag on it

also, just my two cents - i am not a big fan of this xbox controller, it's a little too big in the "handles" in my opinion (the ps2 one is perfect)

went to BB today traded in
thug - $8
def jam vendetta -$8
thug2 - $30
got
tiger woods pga 2005
Soul calibur 2
Ghost Recon Jungle Storm
Maximo Army of Zin

[quote name='Archaic']Minos,

There have been problems with overly large credits on gift cards getting people banned "pending further investigation", but nothing like what you're describing. This guy is full of shit if he implied that any illegality was being performed. At best, he could suspend your trading at GRs in the future.[/quote]

the trades are in california. he did mention that i "could" get banned from future trading, though, i havn't recieved any notification yet. :?:

[quote name='minos1067'][quote name='Archaic']Minos,

There have been problems with overly large credits on gift cards getting people banned "pending further investigation", but nothing like what you're describing. This guy is full of shit if he implied that any illegality was being performed. At best, he could suspend your trading at GRs in the future.[/quote]

the trades are in california. he did mention that i "could" get banned from future trading, though, i havn't recieved any notification yet. :?:[/quote]

The whole thing sounds like total BS to me. Unless your balance was like over $500 or something they might want to investigate that. But over $100 is trading in a few games.

Traded in these games yesterday at Gamerush...
Mortal Kombat: Deception (XB) - $35
Call of Duty: Finest Hour (XB) - $30
Dead or Alive Ultimate - $25
Dead or Alive 3 - $7

[quote name='"jshorr"'][quote name='"minos1067"'][quote name='"Archaic"']Minos,

the trades are in california. he did mention that i "could" get banned from future trading, though, i havn't recieved any notification yet. :?:[/quote]

The whole thing sounds like total BS to me. Unless your balance was like over $500 or something they might want to investigate that. But over $100 is trading in a few games.[/quote]

The most you can put on a giftcard is $500. They shouldnt be alarmed, unless they were notified that people were stealing cards or something after they were activated.

Crap ass titles such as:

NFL 2K3 (PS2)--------------------> 1.50
State of Emergency (PS2 barf) ->3.00!
Wrestlemania XIX (GC)---------->8.00

That's the most i've seen for SoE.
spun.com offered a whopping $0.02 haha.

Just traded:

Tennis (PS1) $0.50
Kill.Switch (Xbox) $7.00
MegaMan Anniversary Collection $11.00

Picked up Need For Speed Underground 2 with the trade 3 deal.

I just want everyone here to know the AVOID like the plague the Towneast Mesquite TX Gamerush.

I should have know better than to go there after my bad experience last time but I went cause I had several $10 off coupons and already used them at other stores. I figured buying Mario Party 6 with $10 off isn't gonna be a hassle I mean I am trading back NFS Underground 2.

Well I go there and the fat stupid clerk says she can't sell new games until 5:00 PM!!! No lie she would not say why but she said sorry come back in 3 hours if you want a game.

WTF??????? I am a customer wanting to make a purchase and I get this BS. I will never ever step foot in that store again no matter what deal is going on. I guess they don't want business if I was corporate I would shut this Gamerush down!!!

Worst gamerush on the planet earth!!!!

[quote name='buster90']I just want everyone here to know the AVOID like the plague the Towneast Mesquite TX Gamerush.

I should have know better than to go there after my bad experience last time but I went cause I had several $10 off coupons and already used them at other stores. I figured buying Mario Party 6 with $10 off isn't gonna be a hassle I mean I am trading back NFS Underground 2.

Well I go there and the fat stupid clerk says she can't sell new games until 5:00 PM!!! No lie she would not say why but she said sorry come back in 3 hours if you want a game.

WTF??????? I am a customer wanting to make a purchase and I get this BS. I will never ever step foot in that store again no matter what deal is going on. I guess they don't want business if I was corporate I would shut this Gamerush down!!!

Worst gamerush on the planet earth!!!![/quote]

Are you kidding me? This is by far the best GR ever. They gave me deals on games that weren't even packaged and used for a deal, really nice employees that trust and respect me. And usually has the best games in town.

Don't let a bad experience with a dumb employee ruin everything. It's by far the best GR in Mesquite.

Ok just a quick question: Do you think it's ok/good idea/bad idea to go to EB or Gamestop and pick up $2 used PS1 games and trade them into GR for the $10 PO game deal? I dont have anymore games lying around that I want to trade in anymore, so basically now I have to hunt down games from other stores for trade in.

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Ok just a quick question: Do you think it's ok/good idea/bad idea to go to EB or Gamestop and pick up $2 used PS1 games and trade them into GR for the $10 PO game deal? I dont have anymore games lying around that I want to trade in anymore, so basically now I have to hunt down games from other stores for trade in.[/quote]

yeah it is a great way to get games for cheap, and build up some credit. i dont think you can get your accout frozen by doing the trade 3 get a used game for 10 bucks.

btw i dont know if anyone has realized this, but it seems like a lot of people getting their accounts frozen are in the mid west. anyone in california have their accounts frozen yet?

[quote name='buster90']I just want everyone here to know the AVOID like the plague the Towneast Mesquite TX Gamerush.

Worst gamerush on the planet earth!!!![/quote]

Maybe the hadnt received the new games yet...think of that? There are lots of reasons why she might've said that and dosent have to give you a reason. Maybe they had just gotten the game in and had to wait until 5 before it could go in inventory...endless possiblites as to what might have happened.

I haven't been to any Gamerush in almost 2 weeks! I don't even know if my account is frozen or not. Like many others in this forum, I had a weird experience at the Gamerush in Towneast of Mesquite. Though the employees were not rude, but they were far less than cordial. I have much better experience at other gamerush. Like buster90 said, I would not go to that store if I don't have to. I went there that time because I was in the vicinity and they have Halo 2 LE.

[quote name='newbie2000']I haven't been to any Gamerush in almost 2 weeks! I don't even know if my account is frozen or not. Like many others in this forum, I had a weird experience at the Gamerush in Towneast of Mesquite. Though the employees were not rude, but they were far less than cordial. I have much better experience at other gamerush. Like buster90 said, I would not go to that store if I don't have to. I went there that time because I was in the vicinity and they have Halo 2 LE.[/quote]

This is very odd, I never had anything bad happen to me at the Town East GR... if you ever see a guy with long hair, glasses, and probably in long sleeves, it's me, by the way. ;)

But anyway, the employees treat me great there, and I always get the best games there. SF: Third Strike complete for 6 dollars?? :shock:

i've been to the towneast GR twice in the past few weeks, both times were good experiences, overall. (although they had an empty burnout 3 case once).

Maybe the bad experiences are due to a certain employee or manager who is there only at certain times?

Anybody know if GR takes the SW Clone Wars/Tetris Xbox game disc? I was looking to trade that in.

I haven't been to GR lately either. I got a ton of games this fall and i'm not really interested in any of the brand new games, so i'm not too worried. I'm not too impressed with their current deals.

Im in Ca and havent had my account frozen but this one gamerush in glendale ca always has problems with my account (possibly frozen) and the manager has come clear it up after giving me a dirty loook....this has happen twice at this location so i dont go there anymore but havent had a problem at the other 5 gamrushes i go to.....that one CAG who had to wait until 5pm to buy mario party 5.......i think its because the gamerush employee doenst arrive until that time.....i have haerd that excuse at one gamerush but that was to trdae games and it was until 1pm or 2pm......

[quote name='spin03']
yeah it is a great way to get games for cheap, and build up some credit. i dont think you can get your accout frozen by doing the trade 3 get a used game for 10 bucks. [/quote]
Yeah, you can actually. I was told by an employee my account was flagged for doing that.

[quote name='aarif1']i've been to the towneast GR twice in the past few weeks, both times were good experiences, overall. (although they had an empty burnout 3 case once).

Maybe the bad experiences are due to a certain employee or manager who is there only at certain times?[/quote]

I hope the bad experience is due to certain manager. I got to admit though, their selections were good the last time I was there. Btw, I went there in around 5:00 p.m. during Black Friday. What times do you guys go to gamerush?

[quote name='Pope On A Rope'][quote name='spin03']
yeah it is a great way to get games for cheap, and build up some credit. i dont think you can get your accout frozen by doing the trade 3 get a used game for 10 bucks. [/quote]
Yeah, you can actually. I was told by an employee my account was flagged for doing that.[/quote]

For buying 1 or 2 used games, or for abusing the system with lots of PS1 trade ins? I'm only planning to get 2 or 3 max from now till the deal ends in early January.

[quote name='Pope On A Rope'][quote name='spin03']
Yeah, you can actually. I was told by an employee my account was flagged for doing that.[/quote]

I have been limited at both GR's I go to. They were not real assholes about it, but rather just limited me to 2 of any single deal per month, and at the other store I can only trade 2 of any single game ever. So really being flagged can mean lots of different things, and it looks like it's up to the manager of the store as to what they actually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back