Unreal 2007 Holyyyyyyy

I worry for my pc heh...

Esp for a crazy multiplayer game like UT
Even for doom 3 if I have more than 2 people on screen in medium quality running 1280x720 I get crazy lag for CTF

and I have a decent pc

3.2Ghz Pentium 4
BFG 6800 OC
1 GB ram

=/

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']Doesn't look a whole lot different than Doom 3 in high or ultra settings.[/QUOTE]
actually it does look better than doom 3 especially the lighting and the detail . the normal mapping on this engine looks way better than doom 3's

[quote name='jam3582']actually it does look better than doom 3 especially the lighting and the detail . the normal mapping on this engine looks way better than doom 3's[/QUOTE]
Goodness knows that I don't give even half a damn about graphics, but I must say, I can notice the difference between the two:

Games always have pretty prerenders... Box art on games 5 years old looks better than a lot of ingame stuff now days. When I see it like that on my PC, I'll get excited.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Goodness knows that I don't give even half a damn about graphics, but I must say, I can notice the difference between the two:
[/QUOTE]

holy fuck, it makes Doom3 look bad

[quote name='Kayden']Games always have pretty prerenders... Box art on games 5 years old looks better than a lot of ingame stuff now days. When I see it like that on my PC, I'll get excited.[/QUOTE]

Correct. Those comparison pics with Doom 3 are laughable.

[quote name='Kayden']Games always have pretty prerenders... Box art on games 5 years old looks better than a lot of ingame stuff now days. When I see it like that on my PC, I'll get excited.[/QUOTE]

errr. . .those are in game shots, not prerenders. So you better start getting excited.

[quote name='easy_g']errr. . .those are in game shots, not prerenders. So you better start getting excited.[/QUOTE]

They have screen caps of a gaming engine that takes 8 cpus to to provide sufficient power for. As the release date draws near they'll slowly say things like, "we couldn't find ways to successfully initiate this feature on the broad spectrum of end user hardware so we found it best for all involved to just remove it all together and then add it in in a future patch." In other words, the publisher starts riding their ass about it taking to long to find a way to make all that pretty stuff run on 5 year old hardware and successfully bug test it, so they just chop a lot of the higher demad code and features out and dumb it down so they can sell a few more copies to low end users. Then the coupe de grace, 'we'll add it in a future patch' has become the equivelant of 'we don't have time to do it now because the publisher is a ratbastard cock sucker that wants it done in 3 weeks instead of 4 months reguardless of what it does for quality. So now we have to try and salvage our reputation by promising to release a patch with all the features we promised to make people pre order years ago.'

Of course, they get spend about 6 months releasing critical patches for the latest exploits before they start making the next sequel/patch/same fucking thing thats been done to death.

In otherwords, its a never ending cycle where they just want you money, satisfaction be damned.

(Holy shit, this got long :shock: )

[quote name='Kayden']They have screen caps of a gaming engine that takes 8 cpus to to provide sufficient power for. As the release date draws near they'll slowly say things like, "we couldn't find ways to successfully initiate this feature on the broad spectrum of end user hardware so we found it best for all involved to just remove it all together and then add it in in a future patch." In other words, the publisher starts riding their ass about it taking to long to find a way to make all that pretty stuff run on 5 year old hardware and successfully bug test it, so they just chop a lot of the higher demad code and features out and dumb it down so they can sell a few more copies to low end users. Then the coupe de grace, 'we'll add it in a future patch' has become the equivelant of 'we don't have time to do it now because the publisher is a ratbastard cock sucker that wants it done in 3 weeks instead of 4 months reguardless of what it does for quality. So now we have to try and salvage our reputation by promising to release a patch with all the features we promised to make people pre order years ago.'

Of course, they get spend about 6 months releasing critical patches for the latest exploits before they start making the next sequel/patch/same fucking thing thats been done to death.

In otherwords, its a never ending cycle where they just want you money, satisfaction be damned.

(Holy shit, this got long :shock: )[/QUOTE]

better than paying monthly for an mmorpg =p

[quote name='Zoglog']better than paying monthly for an mmorpg =p[/QUOTE]

You haven't been playing Guild Wars...

bread's done
Back