Unreal Tournament 3 - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='hone']TMK do you have a list of the cag ut3 players by chance?[/QUOTE]
No I do not, but if I feel like it, I'll go through the CAG PSN Gaming Group list and see who has it.

[quote name='hone']well I got it recently, I'll add you jman to my list. What do you usually play? I've been a long time quaker, but I feel really rusty playing this game : /[/quote]

Capture the flag. I would play deathmatches,but I

Ah cool. I've never really been into vanilla ctf. I always preferred TF. UT2D looks neat. I get bad ping on most servers period. Depending on the # of people here still interested in UT3, we could get some CTF going. I think 8 people is the sweet spot.

I am going to be picking this game up at some point this weekend. Don't have any PSN friends yet since I have done most of my online stuff on the 360 but would definitely like to get in on some games.

Sure thing, do you have a preference on what a good day is for a weekly or semi weekly game night woudl be? So far we have Mon/Tues/Thurs as options. TMK how's Sunday? Projekt2501 messaged me today and wanted something during the weekend.

I have UT3, haven't played in a while though, and am looking to play it again at some time. Hopefully a night can be setup at least for a couple nights.

cool, well it seems like a lot more people are actually interested than I initially thought, so we'll definitely be setting up a night once I can get a date set.

[quote name='hone']Sure thing, do you have a preference on what a good day is for a weekly or semi weekly game night woudl be? So far we have Mon/Tues/Thurs as options. TMK how's Sunday? Projekt2501 messaged me today and wanted something during the weekend.[/QUOTE]Sunday will be taken over by GTAIV soon. GTAIV may also play on Tuesday, but it will not be a main night (meaning UT3 can have priority on that night, kind of like how we play CoD4 as the priority on Saturday, with some other games mixed in).

Monday sounds good to me. If you're going to be in on the CAG UT2 nights, add me to your buddy list.

If a night is to be made, a thread should be made. I also think the free DLC should be required, but that's just me. As for mods (maps, mutators)...that's another debate entirely.

I think the DLC should be required as well since it's free. I'm scoping out some of the maps/mutators as well. The nice thing is that it autod/ls anything you need from the server so if we're testing out a new map everyone will have it when they join. There's some q3 remakes I'd love to throw into the mix like campgrounds. TMK should we start up a new thread or wait until we pick a date?

Edit: CAG Night Thread Started, http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180345

I have to add that everything does auto-download except for maps. Mutators, game modes, etc. will auto d/l, but the maps have to be acquired seperately.

If a new map is to be tested, then perhaps a post should be put up indicating the map, and where to find it.

Has a day/time been finalized? Throw me a mesage in PSN. ID - Projekt2501

Yeah I just read that on the UDN page. Also, auto d/l stuff is temporary. It doesn't stay in the users my content area.

Holy cow. This game never ceases to amaze me. I really hope custom sounds become available on the PS3, as that video really made the level - but the PS3 version can't have the sound effects.

[quote name='hone']what you can do is pretty limitless since you have access to the unrealscripting engine.[/quote]

Yeah, you can basically make whatever you want with the right skills. Wouldn't have to be about bloody mayhem, if you wanted you could make a deep sea fishing game or some kinda cute tea drinking game.

i rented this game and i'm actually pretty impressed so far. i'm not sure what all the hate is about.
i love the mods, especially the 2d maps...

is there a recommended place to find mods to download?

[quote name='hone']ut3mod.com[/QUOTE]

thanks! i hadn't seen that one yet.

does anyone join games with mods? i started one up but no one ever joined.

[quote name='hone']Sure thing, do you have a preference on what a good day is for a weekly or semi weekly game night woudl be? So far we have Mon/Tues/Thurs as options. TMK how's Sunday? Projekt2501 messaged me today and wanted something during the weekend.[/quote]

EDIT: Mass confusion over there being more than 1 thread. Ignore me.

[quote name='mykevermin']This mod browser is very, very, very, very nice.

fuck off, usb thumb drive![/quote]

Agreed. Once they got lots of content on there, it's going to be wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='johnnypark']I for one will be very unhappy if it moves from Monday nights, especially to a weekend night. I'm usually busy on the weekends, but Monday's always work out for me. Leave it right where it is! Please?[/quote]

That post was from last April...we're not seriously considering moving the CAG UT3 night, are we?

[quote name='bmachine']That post was from last April...we're not seriously considering moving the CAG UT3 night, are we?[/quote]

Ohhh shit. I didn't realize there were 2 UT3 threads, it's been so long since the other one (this one) had any activity. At this point it seems to make more sense to keep it all in the UT3 night thread.

Hey guys, with the new update and Mod browser, do we still need to grab maps or does this update pull the maps as well (as it should since the PC has done that since the original UT if I'm not mistaken).

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Hey guys, with the new update and Mod browser, do we still need to grab maps or does this update pull the maps as well (as it should since the PC has done that since the original UT if I'm not mistaken).[/quote]

You still need to manually download all of the maps, characters, and modes from the browser. I'm pretty sure it'll only auto-download smaller mods (like regenerating health) from the host.

[quote name='drobaby']does it have online mp?[/quote]

This game is essentially online MP. Anyone that plays this for single player only probably returned it a long time ago.

[quote name='joshr915']we should let this thread die. not sure why rich revived it. game night thread is the main one now...
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180345[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm used to the 360 forum where people don't go/aren't allowed to go around creating 2 or 3 threads per game [LBP anyone?] .
I don't see the need for a separate thread to discuss the same game , but I understand your point .
I guess there needs to be a point where there is only one thread allowed per game .

Free Unreal Tournament 3 Titan Pack Lands Tomorrow

The Titan Pack’s downloadable content includes the gametypes Greed and Betrayal, the namesake Titan mutator, 19 maps, the Link Station and X-Ray Field deployables, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon weapons, the Stealthbender vehicle, the Slow Field power-up, and characters Kana and Nova.

Speaking of Greed, our guys are having a blast with this addictive new gametype. Greed is a fast-paced, “tug of war” style mode in which you swipe the skulls of fallen players and unload them at the enemy base to score points. Silver skulls are worth a point, gold skulls represent five points, and red skulls are 20 points.

It’s common to see players fighting over huge hoards of skulls as the clock winds down. Each team always tries desperately to stop the other from scoring while, at the same time, fighting to survive en route to the enemy base with their own stockpile. It’s a complete frenzy, but no lead is insurmountable, and there is always hope for a comeback at the last second.

For an interesting twist, you can play Greed with the Titan mutator activated. In this scenario, the goals are the same except you can transform into a 15-foot Titan, which is handy for sowing mass destruction on opponents while protecting skull-toting teammates. To trigger the metamorphosis, simply fill your meter by killing enemies, capturing flags or nodes, and completing other game objectives.

UT3 players can already enjoy the title update portion of the Titan Pack for PS3, which incorporates a long list of enhancements, including split-screen support, an integrated mod browser, 57 Trophies, major visual and menu flow upgrades, significant A.I. improvements, overhauled networking performance, and better mod support.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/03/18/free-unreal-tournament-3-titan-pack-lands-tomorrow/

[quote name='joshr915']sure does! anyone interested be sure to stop by the UT3 CAG Night thread and join up. Regular players only, don't just play a few times for trophies and leave.[/quote]

I've noticed it turns off trophies if you load custom content. I rather someone wouldn't join us just to play for the trophies.

bread's done
Back