Unusual PS3 related request

Kaiselius

CAGiversary!
Ok, so last cyber monday I decided to finally grab a PS3. Now it came bundled with Killzone 2 and inFamous. I've played both of those games to death and would now like to trade them in. Unfortunatly both have "Not for Retail" in place of their barcodes.
Gamestop and Amazon have both refused to accept them because of this, and my bank refuses to verify paypal so ebay is also out.
Nor are there any games currently out that I'd want to out and out trade them for over at the marketplace.
I was hoping if someone(s) with these games could post a decent sized pic/scan of the barcode from their copies?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but it was the closest match I could see.

What are you going to do- print out the barcode and glue it to the insert? LOL.

You know, I never noticed it before, but the copies of Ratchet & Clank: ACIT and LBP: GOTY that came with my bundle have "Not For Resale" on them as well.

thats odd i had a copy of mgs4 liek that and my gamestop accepted it for trade. try a diff store and add more games to your overall tradein.

I would try either Craigslist or Kijiji and just try to sell them to someone locally. You could probably get a few more dollars than you would from say gamestop or another retail store.

Also, you can sell games on CAG rather than just trade them. You may have trouble since you're brand spankin' new here, but I'm sure someone will be willing to deal with you if you agree to send the game first.

I've not had issues trading in stuff like this, though you could easily just trade in the disc since GameStop doesn't give less without the complete package.

Obviously YMMV, but I have also traded these games in at EB. Like GS, EB doesn't give less for caseless... though did those discs also have that stamped right on disc? I think they might have.

Selling it on CAG, or trade using Goozex are other options.

~S

If its just the cover art that has the "not for resale" where the barcode is, then ask Gamestop if they accept disc only games without penalty to trade in value. I have traded in disc only before for full credit. They can look up the game using the title, but if they are lazy they only use the barcode. If you want to make a fuss, check the shelf for used "not for resale" copies and show them that they do in fact accept those games.

Yeah, try Craig'sList, or even Glyde... I know Glyde also accepts discs only. Those games aren't worth much anyway, GameStop only gave me $11 or something for Killzone 2 a few months ago.

That's weird, must be a new guy at that gamestop. I would just try a different one since they should take it. Sounds like the clerk was just too lazy to look up the game or something.

bread's done
Back