Unusually high trade in values at GameStop

Vicious

CAGiversary!
Since we have a gamerush and FYE topics. I was wondering if anyone noticed any unusually relatively high trade in values at GS. I noticed some good rare PSX games at some stores, but the prices are pretty much what ebay charges for them. I would love to save a few bucks and get a true CAG deal.

[quote name='projecteightysix']i dunno but my gamestop on tuesdays adds a couple more bucks onto the normal value... dunno how much, never bothered figuring out the percentage lol[/quote]

Your avatar scares me.

Seriously.

[quote name='Vicious']Since we have a gamerush and FYE topics. I was wondering if anyone noticed any unusually relatively high trade in values at GS. I noticed some good rare PSX games at some stores, but the prices are pretty much what ebay charges for them. I would love to save a few bucks and get a true CAG deal.[/quote]

I've found Gamestop to actually have good prices, usually a lot lower then ebay for rare PSX rpg's. Now EBgames on the other hand is pretty much worthless with that, their prices are about 5$ cheaper then ebay or right at ebay prices for rare rpg's. In my area I've also found Gamecrazy's to be completely useless as well. All but 1 store I've checked throws away all the cases and instructions for psx, saturn, and dc stuff. Very smart move :roll:

I just got done hitting literally every ebgames, gamestop, and gamecrazy in a 20 mile radius, with the exception of about 3 or 4 stores.

If your'e going to trade in games at gamestop or eb, its always best to wait for a trade in promotion

I find Gamestop to not be the best value for trade in. They game me the following for a few tittles I brought in.

Def Jam: Vendetta ($4)
Rachet & Clank ($4)
2004 EA MVP Baseball ($6)
EA Tiger Woods 2004 ($6)
Termintator: Rise of the Machines ($2)
Hitman 2 ($2)
Risk ($7)

The thing is Risk is an awful game. I love the board game but there is a HUGE glitch with the game. You can only play the cards when you have 4 and you can play other peoples cards on your turn. The designers acknowledged this glitch. Oddly enough, Gamestop paid the most for this one. I think 2004 MVP should have gotten me at least $10. I usually don't trade in games because I like to add to the collection. These were all just collecting dust and I already had the new Tiger Woods plus I never barely picked up MVP Baseball. I just wanted a new controller for the XBOX and didn't feel like spending my dough.

diggityjones just a heads up, If you have an fye/coconuts/strawberries you could get about double what they gave you

Def Jam: Vendetta ($4) 7.50
Rachet & Clank ($4) 8.50
2004 EA MVP Baseball ($6) 11
EA Tiger Woods 2004 ($6) 7
Termintator: Rise of the Machines ($2) 7.50
Hitman 2 ($2) 8.50
Risk ($7) 12

[quote name='jimbodan']I've found Gamestop to actually have good prices, usually a lot lower then ebay for rare PSX rpg's. Now EBgames on the other hand is pretty much worthless with that, their prices are about 5$ cheaper then ebay or right at ebay prices for rare rpg's.[/quote]

I recently picked up Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete and Intelligent Qube from EB, both complete and in good to very good condition. They were marked $34.99 and $36.99 respectively, but after 30% off coupons, it wasn't so bad. Plus, I got to check the condition before buying, which one can't do on eBay.
Gamestop.com charges $37.99 and $45.99 for the same games, so I would say that deals are just as likely at EB as at Gamestop, if not moreso.

I recently picked up Lunar: Eternal Blue Complete and Intelligent Qube from EB, both complete and in good to very good condition. They were marked $34.99 and $36.99 respectively, but after 30% off coupons, it wasn't so bad. Plus, I got to check the condition before buying, which one can't do on eBay.
Gamestop.com charges $37.99 and $45.99 for the same games, so I would say that deals are just as likely at EB as at Gamestop, if not moreso.

EB tends to be a bit higher on their older games compared to Gamestop, I just found a complete Lunar Blue box with everything included for $27.99 at Gamestop. But there are DEFINITELY still some good deals to be found at EB!

Extreme G 3, 3 weeks after release when the retail price was still $50, the trade in value for a perfect mint complete copy of the game was $3. The cost to buy it was $45.

That is a $42 profit.

I traded in 2 games for $30, after I left the store and looked at the reciept I realized that one of the games was $27 and XG3 was $3.

I was || close to going on a killing spree.

bread's done
Back