Up Your Arsenal!

randomizer9

CAG Veteran
Anyone else picking up the new Ratchet and Clank game this Tuesday? I've been a fan from day one, and I have to wonder if someone at Insomniac made a deal with the devil in order for them to release 2 (hopefully 3) great games in as many years.

I'll be picking it up, but not day one. Too much other stuff to get.

BTW, what part of TX you from? DFW here. :wink:

(man, that was alot of acronyms)

I gotta play some of the Phantom Crash beta(loaded it up but have not even played a round yet)

Once I finish up the beta, I will be renting this.

This game is good. I played it over the weekend (don't ask my how, I won't say anything other than it was legal). The single player is excellent, the controls are good, and the multiplayer is mayhem at it's best. Definately worth picking up.

I finished both of the other ones pretty fast and I'm still hungry for more... go Insomniac.

The online mode is going to be delicious.

Will get it this week . . . it and GTA SA will fight for my attention . . . but I really love this series (like Metal Arms) blowing up robots and smashing stuff never get old. But the style here is also excellent.

I'm looking forward to R&C3... any word of being able to use the save from the second one in this one for new weapons?

gotta finish the 2nd one...but i am looking forward to the new one coming out...will probably wait for the price to drop to around $20 before I pick it up though

[quote name='Fatesealer']I'm looking forward to R&C3... any word of being able to use the save from the second one in this one for new weapons?[/quote]

Man I hope so.

wed I think, I am prob not getting it this week because im going to be getting Smackdow vs. Raw and maybe Killzone. Then i got Halo 2 next week so i will prob wait on Ratchet until after xmas.

I will definitely be getting it eventually. Not the first day it comes out, though, or anywhere near then. I still have to pick up and play the second one, not to mention Jak II and its respective sequel.

So many games....

[quote name='dental_regurgitation']I finished both of the other ones pretty fast and I'm still hungry for more... go Insomniac.

The online mode is going to be delicious.[/quote]

From the people I played with, none of them really seemed all that tired of making Ratchet and Clank games. maybe we will eventually see a fourth game.

Hints for online players:

*Switch to SOCOM controls.
*Always nail every node down you can
*Mines in the base is a great defensive tool
*When you die, if you have upgraded weapons, try to let your teammate stand on your body and grab them when you respawn
*Jump constantly

pretty typical stuff, but if when you have people doing all these things games get really good (although there was a bit of a problem with games lasting too long, I know I was involved in a few that were around an hour, and only a bad connection for one player helped end the game)

I disagree on the every node thing. That didn't work for any of us in the 40 minute long match we had. Get the node CLOSEST to the enemy base. That is the key.

One match we had:
2v2
40:17 long
Won by 2 seconds (3% base health left).
Our core was blown up as the game flashed the message that we won. Initially, I thought we lost.

IGN should have a guide up soon.

I'm going to wait on this until it drops to $20. This is a series I really want to play, but I have the first two still sealed and waiting to be played. I need to finish those first.

[quote name='Demon-Xanth']I disagree on the every node thing. That didn't work for any of us in the 40 minute long match we had. Get the node CLOSEST to the enemy base. That is the key.

One match we had:
2v2
40:17 long
Won by 2 seconds (3% base health left).
Our core was blown up as the game flashed the message that we won. Initially, I thought we lost.

IGN should have a guide up soon.[/quote]

the only problem with that is that it is easier for the opponent to take over the nodes. In Hoven, if you did not have the node near your base, and the one above your opponents base you were screwed.

I played too many games where people would take the node near my base and the one at the sniper position, and they kept sniping our team. It also takes a lot more time to take a person who is trying to capture one of the nodes that makes your base vunerable if you have not collected any throughout the match.

I do agree with you that some are not as beneficial as others, but when you hold all the nodes it makes it harder for the other team to reach your base. In the desert level, if you had the nodes along both sides of your base you could pretty much negate the cars and the plane which made protecting the node in front of your base 10X easier.

The map I played was OutpostX12 (iirc). The team that had 5 of the 6 nodes lost. And the team that had 5 of the 6 nodes had players with more skill.

[quote name='Demon-Xanth']The map I played was OutpostX12 (iirc). The team that had 5 of the 6 nodes lost. And the team that had 5 of the 6 nodes had players with more skill.[/quote]

That sounds like more of a case of too many people playing offense then. On that map one person can put up a good fight aganist two at the base.

and all my long matches came on that map as well. Hoven was a better map overall IMO (although if you got the rocket launcher and rocket boots you could own, evilsmile was awesome when he had both of those)

I won't be getting my copy until Christmas, since I'm out of money. I loved both R&C, more than any other platformer made including Mario, so I definitely want to get it. Online play should be sweet. :)

excerpt from 1up article on sleeper games:

The first two Ratchet titles were unquestionably A-list adventures, and by all accounts this third title tops them all. Not only is the main story experience bigger and more explosive than ever (with tons of diversions, like old-fashioned side-scrolling platformer stages starring Captain Quark), but the addition of a team-based online mode adds an entirely new dimension to a genre that many have written off as irrelevant. Ratchet 3 isn't the most anticipated game this fall... but it should be.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=2&cId=3136060

bread's done
Back