Upcoming Exclusives & Other Questions

shorj998

CAGiversary!
I currently have a PS3 and a Wii. I'm thinking about caving in and getting a 360 on Black Friday, but I want to make sure it's worth it. I'm not trying to be a jerk and make anyone "sell me" on the 360 being a worthwhile platform. I know it's a good platform, I just want to make sure dropping another couple hundred bucks is worth it with all the multiplatform games out there and the recent announcement of Netflix coming to PS3.

What are the upcoming exclusives? I've heard the new Jasper units don't RROD. Is that true?

Also, I like playing online and don't mind paying for a good service, but is online multiplayer really filled with obnoxious teenagers/children a lot of the time? If so, how do you cope with it if you don't have a huge friends list to exclusively play with?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any answers you can help me with!

Forza 3, Gears 3, Halo Reach, Left 4 Dead 2, Mass Effect 2? That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I didn't see you mention owning a PC, but some of those are on PC as well.

I don't think you can absolutely avoid the RROD. The newest chipset is your best bet though.

XBL is absolutely worth it. The online is filled with obnoxious teenagers/children, yes, but no more than the PS3. Play with friends or mute them.

Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction are both looking pretty good and should be out in 2010.

As far as online play goes, it depends on the game you play. Halo 3, COD4, and Gears 2 both have a lot of younger kids playing, which is why I never got into them for online play. However, I've been playing the crap out of Borderlands lately, and the crowd for this game seems to be much more mature.

Crackdown 2 hasn't been mentioned yet.

Also, you can't discount XBLA games. There are a ton of exclusives there and I expect them to keep coming.

Upcoming exclusives that haven't already been mentioned: GTA Ballad of Gay Tony and Fable III.

Jasper's still have the chance to get RROD but it doesn't happen nearly as much as it did before. Now it is about the same risk as your PS3 going down.

Online, just like it is on a PC and PS3, has obnoxious kids. Granted with party chat, most of them don't speak (at least that is my experience)... These kids mostly stay in games like Halo so you don't find them as often in other games.

You might not have a huge friends list but on Xbox 360 you will have one fairly fast. You aren't alone... IRL I only know 3-4 people on my friends list; the rest I met either here or in game. The better you play in games, you will notice friend request come about. The guys I play with in GoW2 I met while playing Horde with them. I also added/accepted requests from fellow CAGs and have played multiple titles with people from here.

[quote name='BigPoppa99']Isn't Mass Effect 2 multi platform?[/QUOTE]

Nevermind I got confused with the Dragon Armor you get in the PS3 version of Dragon Age

bread's done
Back