UPDATE 9/30: Gundam Models Back In Stock at Amazon with Free Shipping!

Admiral Ackbar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
*** UPDATE 9/30***

A bunch of Gundam Models are back in stock. This time there's free shipping. Since shipping was $5 min this is a good time to pick up one!

Taken from fatwallet. Thanks to RyoHazuki.

They've got some good stuff on sale at Amazon ranging from $8 to $20. Including some of my Favorites from the MS-08th.

Gundam Models Page

So these don't come prepainted? and can you give me a link to the models you think are good? I got this one in my cart right now.

B000062TR5.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

And do all of the pieces just snap together? No glue is required?

These are the only models showing up for me;

Gundam MG MS-18E Kemper
Gundam RX-78 GP02A E.F.S.F. Prototype Tactical Mobile Suit: Skill Level 8
MG RX-79 EZ-8 Gundam
MG RX-78NT-1 Gundam
MG RX-78-2 Gundam

I am going to get the EZ-8 for sure. I didn't really understand your post Admiral Ackbar

[quote name='RawisJericho']These are the only models showing up for me;

Gundam MG MS-18E Kemper
Gundam RX-78 GP02A E.F.S.F. Prototype Tactical Mobile Suit: Skill Level 8
MG RX-79 EZ-8 Gundam
MG RX-78NT-1 Gundam
MG RX-78-2 Gundam

I am going to get the EZ-8 for sure. I didn't really understand your post Admiral Ackbar[/QUOTE]

Okay, I'm not a Gundam expert. I've onlly built one model once.

Of the ones you listed I've bolded what I recommend.

Now for the basics. Someone with more experience can correct me if I'm wrong.

1) The models don't come painted but the plastic is colored. So you don't have to paint but painting does improve the look.

2) Some parts snap together. Some models snap together completely. But I think the ones you're getting are a little more complex so they may have some parts that need glue. I don't know. Some get so complex they even have screws.

3) There are different grades of Gundam models and skill level.
a) High grade - 1/144 scale. (usually retail 10-20)
b) Master Grade - 1/100 scale (Usually $40-$60) What you're buying
c) Perfect Grade - 1/60 scale (Usually a couple hundred.)
The higher the grade the bigger the model and the more detailed/complex it is to build. As for scale, that's compared to the actual (theoretical) height if the Gundam was real. There are also lower grades but I just listed the one your getting and the next steps up and down.

4) It's a good idea to practice on the lower scale models first. I've been told the Gundam Seed Models are nice, and they can be had for about $10+

5) Also, each of the Master Grade, models have a smaller High Grade model. What some people do is buy one or two of the smaller version. Then build and paint it as a couple experimental tries before they tackle the larger and more expensive Master Grade model. That way they can both practice and visualize what they want to accomplish.

Does that clear things up?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Okay, I'm not a Gundam expert. I've onlly built one model once.

Of the ones you listed I've bolded what I recommend.

Now for the basics. Someone with more experience can correct me if I'm wrong.

1) The models don't come painted but the plastic is colored. So you don't have to paint but painting does improve the look.

2) Some parts snap together. Some models snap together completely. But I think the ones you're getting are a little more complex so they may have some parts that need glue. I don't know. Some get so complex they even have screws.

3) There are different grades of Gundam models and skill level.
a) High grade - 1/144 scale. (usually retail 10-20)
b) Master Grade - 1/100 scale (Usually $40-$60) What you're buying
c) Perfect Grade - 1/60 scale (Usually a couple hundred.)
The higher the grade the bigger the model and the more detailed/complex it is to build. As for scale, that's compared to the actual (theoretical) height if the Gundam was real. There are also lower grades but I just listed the one your getting and the next steps up and down.

4) It's a good idea to practice on the lower scale models first. I've been told the Gundam Seed Models are nice, and they can be had for about $10+

5) Also, each of the Master Grade, models have a smaller High Grade model. What some people do is buy one or two of the smaller version. Then build and paint it as a couple experimental tries before they tackle the larger and more expensive Master Grade model. That way they can both practice and visualize what they want to accomplish.

Does that clear things up?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does, thanks :)

I don't think any of the HG and above will need glue. Actually, you won't find any new Gundam kit that requires glue nowadays.

Nah it'll look fine, it's just not very detailed. They even have stickers for some.
wow the Kampfer looks pretty good.

[quote name='RawisJericho']If I'd decide not to paint the model, does the precolored parts look bad?[/QUOTE]

You can get away without paint on much of the nicer kits (MG and PG), though I still recommend it to cover up the places where the parts are clipped off the runners.

If you're putting together something HG and below, I highly recommend paint, or you end up with terrible looking kits.

Also, its good to look for some gundam markers online to do the panel lining... makes every model look twice as good :D

just double checking, NT-1 isn't on there right?

*edit*

OHHHH SHITTTT!!!!

It's $10 OMGOMGOMGOMGM MUST GET

might I ask, should I paint this one? cuz my friend gave me a SD GAT x207. I liked it but wasn't satisfied with the colors and missing details, so I was wondering if I should get paint set.

I'm not hardcore gundam modeller, but I'd like my model nice looking, so if I were to get a paint set, what kind should I get? for the MG RX-78 NT-1 at least.

got here late damn it, going to get these

MG RX-79 EZ-8 Gundam
MG RX-78NT-1 Gundam
MG RX-78-2 Gundam

cant seem to get a bunch onto my cart though :|

[quote name='mkg12']got here late damn it, going to get these

MG RX-79 EZ-8 Gundam
MG RX-78NT-1 Gundam
MG RX-78-2 Gundam

cant seem to get a bunch onto my cart though :|[/QUOTE]

Try the workarounds that people posted earlier, hopefully those will help.

Good luck!

hey people who were able to score a gundam wing perfect grade -custom zero(one with big wings). how much was it on sale for? i am just curious.....i picked up one like 4-5 years ago when i was in hong kong for like $120

It was $28 Shipped!!!

I got mine today. It's big. The box is about two and a half feet long by a foot and a half.

I'm such a fool. I should have bought three!

i dunno about that, when i was there, which was a while ago, gundams still when for a bit, cheaper then over here but not as cheap as they are going for in this sale.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']I love those, would have ordered tons, except im going to china this summer and can pick them up for like 2 bucks each.[/QUOTE]

I have two chinese "Bendai" kits which are actually halfway decent.

Bandai's pulling out of the US Gundam model (and toy?) market according to a BigBadToyStore newsletter:

""Some bad news from Bandai USA - they have
officially canceled the domestic release of Gundam, so from now on the
only figures available will be the imported versions. We'll continue to
import Japanese gundams as long as there is demand for them!""

more on it here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=14591

[quote name='Richter']Bandai's pulling out of the US Gundam model (and toy?) market according to a BigBadToyStore newsletter:

""Some bad news from Bandai USA - they have
officially canceled the domestic release of Gundam, so from now on the
only figures available will be the imported versions. We'll continue to
import Japanese gundams as long as there is demand for them!""

more on it here: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=14591[/QUOTE]

Meh, the American release models were ridiciously overpriced and the translated instructions didn't really make a difference.

I couldn't believe how much bigger the MG Level 8 boxes were.

Here is the RX-78 next to my Cedric "Cornbread" Maxwell bobblehead.

gundam.jpg

[quote name='Maizrim']I couldn't believe how much bigger the MG Level 8 boxes were.

Here is the RX-78 next to my Cedric "Cornbread" Maxwell bobblehead.

gundam.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Can you post a photo of the parts inside? I dunno if it is the same as the Japanese color-coated version.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I got the rest of my order today. It's pretty sweet.

I'm still kiucking myself for only getting one PG Gundam Wing.[/QUOTE]at least you managed to get one :p

WOot! My friend is still kicking me on a daily basis for posting that deal on Fatwallet before he could grab any.

gundams.jpg

I order a Perfect Grade Wing Gundam and it came in today (fast shipping, ordered on May 3rd!) and it's just freaking HUGE! Major props to OP for posting this deal!

I found another Gundam Model on sale @ amazon that wasn't included in the link that the OP posted so I'll post it now for those who are still interested.
The model is: Gundam Skill Level 6 Action Figure Model Kit: MG RX-78 Gundam GP-01
Price $9.97
Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_16/103-7874430-9368633?v=glance&s=toys

Have this model myself and it looks pretty nice. Difficulty is just like any ordinary MG. Well hope those who missed the deal before and want this model will get it.

SWEEEEEEET! I just got the models, the GP02 box is fucking ginormous but its still a lot smaller than my GPO1 perfect grade.

wow. i see so many perfect grade wing gundams on ebay than ever before.

i was able to get some models for my nephews birthday. thanks to the op.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Sweet....but I'm torn between Char's Zaku and the normal green.[/QUOTE]

The green ones are neat because you can make them in a space or a land conficurations and they have a lot of customization options. For example, you can keep the rounded head, or add a spike for a squad leader.

There's a reason nobody wanted them... these are some of the oldest MGs released and thus severely lack articulation and inner details like the more current MGs. The MG Zaku F2 completely kicks ass of the 06S and 06F/J in just about any aspect.

Damn, I wish I got in on those PG's... I bought the metallic GP02 for $40 a while back, the non-metallic one is in stock for $20, not a bad deal.

I also bought the MG NT-1, but I lost some pieces and now its just useless plastic. Don't lose your parts.

[quote name='MeGaWC27']I found another Gundam Model on sale @ amazon that wasn't included in the link that the OP posted so I'll post it now for those who are still interested.
The model is: Gundam Skill Level 6 Action Figure Model Kit: MG RX-78 Gundam GP-01
Price $9.97
Link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...f=sr_1_16/103-7874430-9368633?v=glance&s=toys
[/QUOTE]

Once again this model is not included in the link above... It's back in stock for those interested.

Sheeeit. I really want to pick up these models but the Wherehouse.com sale nearly wiped me out. And I promised myself I wouldn't spend money for personal reasons until November.

I love you and hate you at the same time, Admiral.

bread's done
Back