UPDATE: Amazon to Raise Fees (7 days to lock in on Prime Pricing)

I didn't even need to do anything, this is the email I got from Amazon

"Dear Benjamouth,

We are writing to provide you advance notice that the price of your Prime membership will be increasing in 2015. Your 2014 annual renewal will remain at the original price of $79. On September 30, 2015, your membership will renew at $99/year."
You're one of the lucky ones whose membership renews right before the price increase, so they're being proactive and telling you in advance of the change as well as that you get out of it for a year.

Anyone who renews after April 17th isn't getting that message, though anyone from today's date until April 16th is probably getting a message like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're one of the lucky ones whose membership renews right before the price increase, so they're being proactive and telling you in advance of the change as well as that you get out of it for a year.

Anyone who renews after April 17th isn't getting that message, though anyone from today's date until April 16th is probably getting a message like that.
I don't think that's the case. It has his/her renewal date as Sept 30....

I wonder if they got enough backlash that they've started doing this proactively. And also they are aware of the gifting method anyway.
This has me second guessing about the gifting loophole. Do you guys think there may be some consequence from this? The "everybody does it" argument doesn't work since we've seen Amazon ban customers in waves anyway.

This has me second guessing about the gifting loophole. Do you guys think there may be some consequence from this? The "everybody does it" argument doesn't work since we've seen Amazon ban customers in waves anyway.
I'm not risking an amazon ban over $20 no matter how low the risk.

I wonder why someone with a sept renew date gets the $79 offer but I have a July date and don't get the offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what else are they going to do to non-Prime members to try to force them to join with bad service? They already raised the minimum for free shipping and delay processing and shipping of orders, so I'm not sure what else they can do now that they want even more money to join the club to get decent service.

bread's done
Back