[UPDATE: Black Friday milk deals?] I just bought some milk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so jealous. The store locator says my store has a bunch of milk, but there's never any there when I make the trip. I know the employees have it all in a drawer behind the counter for themselves.

[quote name='terribledeli']Will buying used milk directly hurt the milk producing cows? And as a consequence, result in sub-quality milk?[/quote]Frankly, if the farmers would charge less for new milk, people would buy more and they wouldn't have to fear the used milk market so much. And the cows would be happy.

The farm screwed up my order, putting lots of people's milk on backorder, so I bought my milk at Sureway. I cancelled my milk preorder as soon as I got home, and two days later when I get home from work, I get an e-mail from the farm letting me know that they have shipped my milk with preorder bonus. I tried to tell them I want to return the extra milk, but they charged my Paypal account anyway. And FINALLY, today, I get another e-mail stating they are cancelling the order for the milk they have already shipped out.

This is what happens when you outsource your milk order fulfillment to Digital River.

(note to the lactose-intolerant :p : see the Phoenix Wright thread.)

/DR sucks

Well I didn't really want the milk. I had some store credit, went into the store (the employee asked if I had any trade-ins, like ALWAYS which I never do) and saw the milk. I read about another CAG enjoying last year's milk so I figured "hey, why not?" But Strell are you sure that milk was delayed? I bought it in a carton, so maybe it was just the gallon sized that was delayed.

Also, does anyone know the trade in value for milk if I do decide to open it and don't like it?

Milkstop was having a b2G1 milk sale, I was gonna pick up BioMilk, but they didn't have the manual. Eff that. I only buy complete milk.

[quote name='djkunai']Also, does anyone know the trade in value for milk if I do decide to open it and don't like it?[/quote]

I believe that most stores will charge a 20% restocking fee.

I am sick and tired of people preying on other people's milktriotism and calling them terrorists if they dont buy land-o-lakes milk. Please, America is a milking pot and we should have tolerance for people who do not enjoy the same color milk we do.

I will admit though that colored milk has more flavor than caucasion milks do.

[quote name='monkeydeew']i need component straws[/quote]Are those the ones with the red lines, or the ones with the green, blue, and red lines?

[quote name='pittpizza']I am sick and tired of people preying on other people's milktriotism and calling them terrorists if they dont buy land-o-lakes milk. Please, America is a milking pot and we should have tolerance for people who do not enjoy the same color milk we do.

I will admit though that colored milk has more flavor than caucasion milks do.[/quote]

Pfft... I expected as much out of a fanboy like you.

When will you blindly submit to the superiority of Land-o-Lakes?

Or are you just too poor to afford it? Thats it isn't it. $5 is too much for milk for you? If you want high tech quality milk, you need blu light cooling, and cells and stuff -- it costs MORE.. But you aren't just buying milk, you're buying potenial -- you can make cookies, and brownies, AND milkshakes.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Pfft... I expected as much out of a fanboy like you.

When will you blindly submit to the superiority of Land-o-Lakes?

Or are you just too poor to afford it? Thats it isn't it. $5 is too much for milk for you? If you want high tech quality milk, you need blu light cooling, and cells and stuff -- it costs MORE.. But you aren't just buying milk, you're buying potenial -- you can make cookies, and brownies, AND milkshakes.[/quote]

But so can the brands of milk and for half the cost!!! So get out of this potential crap and just sell a good product at a good price.

[quote name='Dragon_Master']But so can the brands of milk and for half the cost!!! So get out of this potential crap and just sell a good product at a good price.[/quote]

You can't buy another brand of milk and make blu berry pancakes, or blu berry muffins.

In fact, ANYTHING blu -- you can only make blu things with Land-O-Lakes.

Its so damn good, its like you're drinking it in the 4th dimension.

[quote name='BattleChicken']You can't buy another brand of milk and make blu berry pancakes, or blu berry muffins.

In fact, ANYTHING blu -- you can only make blu things with Land-O-Lakes.

Its so damn good, its like you're drinking it in the 4th dimension.[/quote]

But I can buy a attachment for my milk that will let me make stuff that tastes almost as good!!

[quote name='Dragon_Master']But I can buy a attachment for my milk that will let me make stuff that tastes almost as good!![/quote]

You only say that because you don't have land-o-lakes milk. It's milk envy.

[quote name='BattleChicken']You only say that because you don't have land-o-lakes milk. It's milk envy.[/quote]

but isnt it true that they are scrapping the ability to make cheese straight out of the jug just so they can save a few bucks? Now you have to downlload the ability to make cheese and who knows if every flavor of cheese will be there!!

[quote name='Dragon_Master']but isnt it true that they are scrapping the ability to make cheese straight out of the jug just so they can save a few bucks? Now you have to downlload the ability to make cheese and who knows if every flavor of cheese will be there!![/quote]

... this is the best thread ever.

Okay I've decided to return the milk, only to realize I lost my receipt. Is there any store that will take back milk without a receipt? It's unopened.

[quote name='djkunai']Okay I've decided to return the milk, only to realize I lost my receipt. Is there any store that will take back milk without a receipt? It's unopened.[/quote]

That is called return fraud. Ban this jerk and make a sticky!
fuckfuckfuck

[quote name='djkunai']Okay I've decided to return the milk, only to realize I lost my receipt. Is there any store that will take back milk without a receipt? It's unopened.[/quote]

Just say you got the milk as a birthday gift, and they customer service lady will usually let you return it for store credit.

[quote name='ananag112']I am just going to wait for the next generation of milk.[/QUOTE]

See that's what I was going to do, but I figured that the only difference was maybe the carton would have better graphics, since the formula is exactly the same as last year. Then I was like, wait, I actually CARE about better graphics. So now I'm stuck with milk that will be clearanced in two months. If I trade it in, I know the store will make money because some kid will bitch to mommy how "I have to HAVE that MILK MOMMY!!!!" and she'll end up buying it used for 10% savings and 40% profit for the store. Maybe Wal-Mart will take it back without the receipt.

Sorry, but too many no receipt milk returns at Wal-Mart 'spoiled' it for the rest of us.

Why don't you just check the market forum here? Maybe you can trade your milk for some egg nog before the holiday shopping season jacks up prices.

[quote name='BattleChicken']... this is the best thread ever.[/QUOTE]

I agree. :D

In for 30. I'll give you 2 cartons of Last gen milk, got it at GS for 39.99, and used a coupon to get a free milk carton of my choice!

[quote name='Strell']But I always drink plenty of .... malk?![/QUOTE]
OMG I GOT THIS REFERENCE! Is five pages later too late to still be simpsons-quoting cool like you guys?

You're still buying your milk B&M? Psh. Totally lame. What with milk going up to $2 a gallon this gen, I only buy my milk used or trade on CAG.

Does anyone else get milk yet? It just feels like I'm the only person who actually has this. Someone offered me cake for it in my tradelist, but the cake was a lie.

[quote name='djkunai']Does anyone else get milk yet? It just feels like I'm the only person who actually has this. Someone offered me cake for it in my tradelist, but the cake was a lie.[/quote]

Are you sure? Was it tres leches cake?

I was in the store, looking at other dairy products when this mom came in, she said she needed to buy milk for her son but the manager said that kid's don't like milk anymore and he sold her some orange juice for like twice as much. I told both of them that the orange juice story was crap and she should just buy the milk right there. Stupid managers at stupid store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back