*Update*Crazyace is a scammer - The Ongoing Story

[quote name='dastly75']Yup that's pretty much how things are right now. I'm depending on the IC3 to forward my complaint to the appropriate department so that will save me a lot of trouble.

I will send one last ultimatum to crazyace via PM and email before filing the mail fraud form since the FAQ suggests thats what I do.

Let me say that I am extremely grateful for my fellow CAGs help, you all make up one hell of a awesome community. Now I hope this fiasco will come to an end soon.[/quote]I'd make sure you shoot an email to crazyace's email address as well as PMing them, to make sure there's no excuse to not getting the information.

Personally, I'd file the mail fraud form now, since you can always cancel it, if things work out.

When you're dealing with this type of situation across state lines, having the USPS + local police + IC3.com all dealing with it, it's a very good idea.

[quote name='dastly75']Yup that's pretty much how things are right now. I'm depending on the IC3 to forward my complaint to the appropriate department so that will save me a lot of trouble.

I will send one last ultimatum to crazyace via PM and email before filing the mail fraud form since the FAQ suggests thats what I do.

Let me say that I am extremely grateful for my fellow CAGs help, you all make up one hell of a awesome community. Now I hope this fiasco will come to an end soon.[/QUOTE]
Considering I put the FAQ together, I say just file for mail fraud. No point in wasting anymore time. The PO may or may not have changed the way they do their mail fraud but when I filed for it, they reviewed my complaint, sent a letter to the other party stating that legal action will be taken. I also received a letter in the mail stating that a letter was sent out and I also received a copy of it (I no longer have that as I should of kept it). With the letter is a survey/questionnaire, asking if the other party contacted your and/or completed their end of the bargain. From there, I dont know what happens if you say no but i assume court would follow.

I feel really insecure about buying through Paypal now. Paypal funds and bank accounts seem unsafe since they can only recover what is available. Are credit cards the only option for big ($400+) purchases because of chargebacks? Also, would it be better to make a dummy account just for credit card purchases instead of operating from your verified account?

I always use credit card funds through PayPal. It's easier to retrieve the funds if something goes wrong. I lost $$ to PayPal and had to learn the hard way.

[quote name='shrike4242']I'd make sure you shoot an email to crazyace's email address as well as PMing them, to make sure there's no excuse to not getting the information.

Personally, I'd file the mail fraud form now, since you can always cancel it, if things work out.

When you're dealing with this type of situation across state lines, having the USPS + local police + IC3.com all dealing with it, it's a very good idea.[/quote]
Ok I went ahead and filed the mail fraud form with USPS. I did indeed send a duplicate of my earlier ultimatum to their email.

edit: It appears that Crazyace has sent me a friend request on XBL. I wonder the implications of this. Funny since THEY were the one that took me off their friends list. We'll see if this actually means anything or not as time moves on.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']Someone should friend request her and send like hundreds of comments to her about scamming on CAG so all her friends know about it.

I'm sorry about what happened OP. It seems these days i'm becoming more and more afraid to trade on here with all the scammers. Just stick with higher feedback and you'll be okay I guess.

Kudos to shrike though for keeping this fucker on lockdown. :applause:[/quote]

I just may do this :D

She continues to show up on CAG without responding to PM's, so it's obvious she won't do anything about this problem.

I've banned her, and am working to keep her off of CAG.

Good work Shrike.

Still no word from the authorities regarding my case but supposedly they get tons of complaints each month so I'll just have to be patient.

Same here, i'm anxious to see how this pans out.

I think that crazyace is the girls younger sibling, hell, a girl that is that dedicated to basketball wouldnt have the time to spend on the computer scamming people out of money. Probably just her little brother (or sister) that jacked her paypal account and did this without her knowing, then when the money was taken out again the person freaked and posted the message to try and replace the money because they knew they were screwed.

[quote name='dastly75']Yeah still no update from the authorities.[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket. For matters like this, it's about finding the right contact who will actually do something about it -- so stuff like his/her local law enforcement would be a good way to blanket the situation.

Here's the Loganville, GA police department:

[SIZE=-1]
605 Tom Brewer Rd
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Loganville, GA 30052

Phone number:

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](770) 466-8087[/SIZE]

[quote name='Rozz']Here's the Loganville, GA police department:

[SIZE=-1]
605 Tom Brewer Rd

Phone number:

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](770) 466-8087[/SIZE][/quote]

holy hell that person is about 5 -10 min away from me?

hmmmmm things we should do

[quote name='Nastrodamous']holy hell that person is about 5 -10 min away from me?

hmmmmm things we should do[/QUOTE]

Not that far from me either. Hmmm....

[quote name='Rozz']Here's the Loganville, GA police department:

[SIZE=-1]
605 Tom Brewer Rd

Phone number:

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1](770) 466-8087[/SIZE][/quote]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the information for the police department and not the scammer?

[quote name='Caliburn']Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the information for the police department and not the scammer?[/quote]

You're right it's the PD

they' probably ment that Loganville was only 10 minutes from them

Update:
crazyace contacted me via AIM and eventually XBL private chat

She says she got scammed on ebay. Basically she bought a xbox 360 from a guy named Romper440 http://myworld.ebay.com/Romper440 and he ripped her off. Her plan was to buy it from him and then sell it to someone on CAG to make some quick cash. She hasn't recovered all her money and says it's her fault for the bad communication.

She sent me $100 via paypal tonight and says shes working on getting more money to pay me back.

Things aren't completely resolved yet as I'm still down around $104 but at least theres some progress. She hopes to be allowed to rejoin CAG once she finishes paying me back.

Her plan was to buy a 360 and sell it to make cash? Wouldn't it be easier just to not buy the 360 in the first place so she'd have cash? Anyways great to hear you got half your money back. Looks like this should be resolved soon.

[quote name='dastly75']Update:

She says she got scammed on ebay. Basically she bought a xbox 360 from a guy named Romper440 http://myworld.ebay.com/Romper440 and he ripped her off. Her plan was to buy it from him and then sell it to someone on CAG to make some quick cash. She hasn't recovered all her money and says it's her fault for the bad communication.

She sent me $100 via paypal tonight and says shes working on getting more money to pay me back.

Things aren't completely resolved yet as I'm still down around $104 but at least theres some progress. She hopes to be allowed to rejoin CAG once she finishes paying me back.[/QUOTE]

Nice man!, so she finally contacted you I mean she sure was in a rush to do that. :roll: At least you got half of your money back, I hope you get the rest soon man.

Things aren't completely resolved yet as I'm still down around $104 but at least theres some progress. She hopes to be allowed to rejoin CAG once she finishes paying me back.[/quote]Nice to hear that you're working to get your stuff taken care of with her.

And there's no way in hell she's coming back on CAG. Absolutely not.

[quote name='Nastrodamous']holy hell that person is about 5 -10 min away from me?

hmmmmm things we should do[/quote]

Hey man, I live in Atlanta also, if you call BFE Paulding county (west of Marietta)

*back to the thread* OP: If you want a volunteer to bang down the door, lemme know, i'll get a couple of my fellow geeks (I work for Internet Security Systems) and try to track her/him down.

Only morons would bid on those auctions,

he claims in the descriptions

"Here is a xbox 360 premium console.I got 2 for my birthday so im gonna sell 1 to you.highest bidder wins or you can buy it now for about 100 dollars cheaper thanb in the store.it is new never opened and its the one that comes with burnout revenge so have fun bidding any questions just ask thanks for looking...."

yet he has 4 auctions for the same thing, no wonder they got scammed..

I hope you get the rest of your money back OP

Things aren't completely resolved yet as I'm still down around $104 but at least theres some progress. She hopes to be allowed to rejoin CAG once she finishes paying me back.[/quote]

Wow, her story definitely doesn't add up. Why hasn't she left this "romper440" negative feedback? It's pretty obvious that she realized she was cornered and is now doing damage control.

"She hopes to be allowed to rejoin CAG once she finishes paying me back." ROFLMFAO!

yeah i would have brought this up right away if i was her haha

That's the most important information right there, not to delete someone off xbl and junk jeez.

bread's done
Back