*UPDATE*Kohl's has Video Games. Prices are now $16.99 *UPDATE* More Games Added

fireball343

CAGiversary!
*EDIT* The Games now are on Clearance. That's what the sign says on top of the display. 16.99 for the games regularly 19.99 (check below)

Games are at the registers. Check both but most likely they are at the Men's Check-outs

*EDIT* PRICES ARE YMMV IN SOME CASES
THE PRICES LISTED ARE THE HIGHEST I'VE HEARD OF

Games List. (not complete but close)

Xbox: All 16.99 now
Morrowind GOTY
Corvette
Pirates of the Carribean

Gamecube: All 16.99 now
Pacman World 2 w/Pacman Vs. (PC)-players choice
Spyro Enter The Dragonfly (PC)
Sonic Mega Collection (PC)
Crash: Wrath of Cortex (PC)
Namco Museum

Gamboy Advance: All 16.99 now
Crash: The Huge Adventure
Spyro: Season of Ice
Barbie Secrect Agent: Royal Jewel Mission
the_gloaming found the below
Shrek

PS2 16.99 Games
Tom and Jerry War of the Wiskers
Tony Hawk 3 (GH)
Namco Museum (GH)
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly (GH)
Pacman World 2 (GH)
Crash Wrath of Cortex (GH)

PS2 12.99 games
IHRA Drag Racing 2
Corrvette
Starsky and Hutch
Super Trucks Racing
Ford Racing 2
the_gloaming found the below
Star Truckers

PS1 2packs for 12.99
ATV Racers/Mat Hoffman Pro BMX
Cat in the Hat/Dora the Explorer: Barnyard Buddies
Spec Ops Airborne Command/Spec Ops Ranger Elite
Tony Hawk 2/Extreme Go Kart Racing
the_gloaming found the below but at 17.99, YMMV on the prices
Matt Hoffman Pro BMX / ATV Off-Road Fury
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 / ATV Off-Road Fury

PM me if you have found games not listed here i will try to keep this updated as often as possible.

July 21 Update:posted complete list for my store, stock is slowly decreasing. Here is list of electronics that are also on sale

$69.99 reg $109.99 (All Memorex Products)
MP3/WMA player, 128mb bulit in, Fm Tuner, SD/MMC slot, Product #MMP8500
Slot Load CD Micro System w/am,fm tuner, includes mounting kit Product #MX7300

$29.99 reg $39.99 (All Memorex again)
CD Boombox w/ Am,Fm product #MD3838MBL
CD Clock Radio w/ Am,Fm product #MC2842
Personal CD player w/ Am. Fm, Product #MD6883SIL

Memorex stuff was in the back of the store by Customer Service, by the card and picture frames in the asile.

*Here is a HUGE Thank YOU to everyone who has ever done something like this, TrustCompany esp. for typing up the ads every week for us. It is a pain in the ass.

*EDIT*

reason i'm posting this, Morrowind GOTY on xbox was 19.99, the only game that made this a real deal. cuz right now the retail is 29.99 on it.

here's what the sign read, or at least close enough.

Video Game Cartaragies (yeah it said that)

Playstation 1 2-pack $12.99
Playstation 2 $12.99
Playstation 2 $19.99 (NOW $16.99)
Xbox $19.99 (NOW $16.99)
Gameboy Advance $19.99 (NOW $16.99)
Gamecube $19.99 (NOW $16.99)

If these go on sale/clearance post it. Also post any good finds. The selection might be YMMV.

i would have had no clue that they carry them but i walk in and there they are. i've found games, not at good prices and not any good games, at places like T.J. Maxx and accessories at Ross.

Mine USED to have an electronics section...I remember playing Pilotwings(SNES) for the first time there... (shows how long ago that was)

Kohl's USED to... I don't know if urs is one of the rare exceptions that still does... cause I remember finding Earthworm Jim 2 out of the packaging there once when I was younger, and giving it to the cashier... He wanted to let me keep it or at least sell it to me for next to nothing since they'd have to send it back regardless but his manager wouldn't let him... man I was bummed.

I think they offically got rid of their electronics department around the time the SNES was dying out.

Kohl's is only about 5 years old here, in Texas. we have no electronics section. i did notice some mp3 player there today too. out in a walkway.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']It's more like a poor mans Macy's[/quote]

Yeah a budget department store like say a Belks... clothing, some toys, linens, shoes, kitchen products (pots and pans etc), cheap jewelery.. that sort of thing. When I was little the electronics section along with their scant selection of toys is the only thing that kept me sane when my mom dragged me there... so I pity the kids that have to amuse themselves there now.

[quote name='jkam']Kohl's doesn't sell games. They went to CC bought them for $5 and are selling them for $12.99.[/quote]

Thats funny to me because kohl's is right beside circuit city where I am at.

[quote name='TomCloud9'][quote name='jkam']Kohl's doesn't sell games. They went to CC bought them for $5 and are selling them for $12.99.[/quote]

Thats funny to me because kohl's is right beside circuit city where I am at.[/quote]

me too!

[quote name='defender']umm..if a game isnt $5 is it really a deal anymore?

I think there has been a new standard set. Not saying I like it. :)[/quote]

Just wait until Cristmas. I think Metal Gear, Metroid, and Halo 2 will change the perception of "if its not 5 its too much"

Clothing stores aren't exactly the first place people will go to for games, and I don't there's much incentive to go since not many of them do have games. I'll keep an eye out if I'm ever there, though, but I won't expect much.

[quote name='defender']umm..if a game isnt $5 is it really a deal anymore?

I think there has been a new standard set. Not saying I like it. :)[/quote]isn't this a double edge sword for you? Seeing as you own and operate both a store and website.

Baybrook/Houston Kohl's has the games in a stand-up display in front of the men's registers. Plenty of copies of Pirates of the Caribean for $19.99, and a few copies of Morrowind GOTY. Seems as if some people hid the Morrowind copies behind the Pirates games.... but anyway, there are a few games there.

I had no idea they sold games. I thought they were like a Mervyns, where they just sold clothes and housewares. I've always passed by the store in Murrieta, perhaps I should pop in there sometime. Thanks for mentioning they (may) sell games, I would have never known.

We have a Kohl's right near my CC too, odd.

Anyway, Kohl's is a lot like Mervyn's or Ross, kinda discount clothing/department stores. As far as I know, the Kohl's here doesn't have games or electronics.

My Kohls got rid of games ages ago. I remember picking up Spider-Man vs. Kingpin (Sega CD) and Illusions of Gaia (SNES) for like $5 each there when they were getting rid of games.

btw, Fireball I saw Morrowind: GOTY at Best Buy the other day for $19.99 and I almost bought it, but ended up spending an extra $20 and I bought Riddick.

Bumb for the update.

like i said PM your finds to me and i'll try to keep a list of games. I'm going back tommorow to get my money back on Morrowind.

Yeah, Kohl's had a small electronics section a long time ago. Whoever said it phased out around the end of the SNES era was about right.

Funnily enough I work at the Kohl's corporate office designing the ads but never even knew about the games until I went to a store last week to buy a wedding present.
They never advertised them as far as I know.

I'd recommend waiting for them to hit further clearance since the selection wasn't that great.

The last time, I went to Kohl's was last Christmas. I didn't see any video games in the men's department. I don't know if, I want to go all the way there to see if they sell games...

Khol's replaced all the Caldor's and mainly only sell clothes, do they really need an huge store like that for clothes? How much space to t-shirts, jeans, and underware take up?

[quote name='smalien1']Khol's replaced all the Caldor's and mainly only sell clothes, do they really need an huge store like that for clothes? How much space to t-shirts, jeans, and underware take up?[/quote]

lol! A lot when they're selling tons of cheap crap. Stay far away from the house brand stuff like Sonoma and Croft & Barrow, the quality is horrible. Even if you get it on clearance it usually isn't worth it. The name brand stuff like Levi's, Lee and Docker's is usually okay. Of course, you didn't hear this from me. :wink:

[quote name='vherub']morrowing goty is $20 at ebgames.com - but whether a universal pricedrop is a coming is unknown[/quote]

I'm pretty sure The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition, will drop to $20, everywhere, before the end of the year...

I noticed this over at FW. This might make some of the Kohl's deals even better.

EDIT: Supposedly only Kohl's card members get this in the mail.

"Everybody! Check your Kohl's Sales paper, I got one yesterday and threw it in the trash and noticed there was something on the back! It's a $10 gift card! (It's in the dorm and back to school ad). I've read the card and can not find any catches. You can use any payment method and its good with any sale!"

fireball343 Posted: August 14, 2004, 8:04 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bumb, since theres another post talking about this with no list

I'm on my way over there right now, actually ..

I wish mine still had an electronics section...I remember buying Earthbound in there and it came in that ridiculously big box with the strategy guide inside.

there is really no electronics section, there just an end cap type deal at the men's registers, the memorex stuff i also posted was out in the walk way by seasonal and cards/picture frames

There was nothing worth picking up, but here goes what I saw there.

PSX, 2 packs for 17.99:
Matt Hoffman Pro BMX / ATV Off-Road Fury
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 / ATV Off-Road Fury

GC:
Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of .. something, don't remember. Player's Choice.
Namco Museum

PS2:
Starsky & Hutch
Star Truckers

The rest were $10.99:
Xbox:
50cc Corvette? (Never heard of it, not into racing games)

GBA:
Shrek
Barbie Secret Agent

That is literally everything they had.

I picked up Morrowind GOTY a few weeks ago from the Macomb Mall Kohls in Fraser. They didn't have crap otherwise, but that is the only game i wanted anywas.

bread's done
Back