UPDATE! Radioshack Sale! 9/16-9/30 VERY YMMV

flapjackfritz

CAG Veteran
Quick update... The sale is using special 'blue tags'. That means its only available in select stores, and not online. Basically, places that are trying to liquidate their gaming supplies. Its going to be spotty availability. Only in places that don't sell that many games. That makes it VERY YMMV. But it does exist in some places. And it is for any color DS in locations it is available.

Not every store has everything in stock, but here are the prices I found they were putting up for sale now through 9/30

:ps2:PS2 System - 97.99
:360:Xbox 360 console system w/ 20gb hd - 224.99
:ds:NDS lite - 97.99:hot:
:360:Xbox 360 messenger kit - 22.99
:360:360 Wireless Headset - 44.99
:ds:Mario Kart DS - 26.99
:ds:Mario Party DS - 22.99
:wii:Wii Classic Controller - 14.99
:360:Xbox 360 Wireless controller - 37.99
:whee:GTA 4 PS3/360 - 44.99

TIP: If it is on sale, and out of stock, tell them to get one for you from another store. They can check the stock of nearby stores and have them shipped to their store, free of charge, in 2-3 days.

The sale has been confirmed in:
KY
UTAH
PA
NEBRASKA
Durham, NC
Monterey, CA
Sanford, FL

The sale IS NOT TAKING PLACE here:
Big Cities (NYC, Chicago, Boston)
Aurora, IL
NW Ohio
Mont Claire, NJ
Hercules, CA
Merrilsville, IN
Rockaway, NJ
The Internet

Those are the ones I found, there may be more though. If I remember right, they also have super cheap batterys for DS, like 5 bucks. Hopefully this helps someone!:bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I am contemplating picking up Professor Layton. It's 19.97. Decent coupled with the coupon... wish I could find a store with two in stock to have one to give to a friend for 15 bucks, but I can't.[/QUOTE]

Layton is a game worth triple its cost.

I bought the Xbox 360 20 GB for $224.99 from a Radio Shack in Monterey, CA while on vacation (my wife's birthday) The location was at a big mall right off Highway 1. They also had the Nintendo DS in stock for $97.99 as well.

Between finding this, picking up the cheap Gateway notebook from the BB in Soquel CA (see the Other Deals thread for more details) & staying at a $400 a night suite, 2 nights for $109 in Carmel (timeshare shill promo), I've had a real cheapass vacation :)

Question for those who have used the coupon posted a few pages back. Did you print off only the first and or second page and handed everything to the cashier? Or did you just cut out the specific coupons.

I called with the item number (thanks for that) and a few stores have the Windows 360 controller, although they say it rings up as 19.97. If that's true, I'll probably skip on it...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I called with the item number (thanks for that) and a few stores have the Windows 360 controller, although they say it rings up as 19.97. If that's true, I'll probably skip on it...[/quote]

WHY!?!? That's still $10 cheaper than the normal 360 wired controller...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I called with the item number (thanks for that) and a few stores have the Windows 360 controller, although they say it rings up as 19.97. If that's true, I'll probably skip on it...[/QUOTE]

Weird. I also asked a rep to price check the Wii classic controller. At first he said it was $19.xx, then he checked again and said it was on sale for $14.99. Maybe they have to total it or something? Could just be YMMV.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']WHY!?!? That's still $10 cheaper than the normal 360 wired controller...[/QUOTE]
Because I'd only be buying this for an emergency when my batteries die and for achievement whoring if I ever go back to doing that. ;p

Ask them to check the sale price and the regular price. They are two different numbers in the price checking system and RS. That way you will know for sure if they are on sale or not.

I dropped into a Radio Shack in Casa Grande, AZ. The guy didn't have any in stock but gladly would've ordered one from stores in Phoenix/Mesa. He said that they were sending them back to get ready for "holiday colors or something". And that he "thought" they were going to be sold to Mervyn's. I also saw the Wii classic controller with the 14.97 tag.

Update: I went to the Radio Shack in Chandler Fashion, they were still all marked 129.99. I had the guy scan all the colors. After some talking he offered them to me at their cost (124.xx). He also told me he'd received calls from other Radio Shack's around and they were all in agreement about the 129.99 price.

Anyway I just decided to call the one in Casa Grande and go for it, I was able to order it over the phone. So if you live in the Valley and don't want to make the 30 minute journey twice, try calling them so you only have to pick it up.

[quote name='perky_peanut']I dropped into a Radio Shack in Casa Grande, AZ. The guy didn't have any in stock but gladly would've ordered one from stores in Phoenix/Mesa. He said that they were sending them back to get ready for "holiday colors or something". And that he "thought" they were going to be sold to Mervyn's. I also saw the Wii classic controller with the 14.97 tag.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, interesting. Good point about the Classic Controller, I may get one for tandem with Professor Layton with the coupon.

Confirmed in Central FL @ Seminole Town Center in Sanford. My brother picked up a Crimson DS for $97.99 but they did not take the coupon. I believe he said only one was left though....

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Seriously though, this "Sale" is starting to piss me off...
:([/QUOTE]

Agreed - I called around and it's a no go. (North jersey)

I dont know if it was mentioned or not but my RS had Soul Calibur 4 for 360 @ $44.99 and all the other game sales mentioned. I didnt check on the systems because I didnt know about them till I checked this thread. The location was the Madison, WI East towne mall location.

UPDATE:

It is only in select stores, trying to liquidate their gaming supplies. The majority of stores do NOT have this deal. But a lot do (there are a lot of radioshacks.)

Definitely call ahead. Your Mileage may Vary.

[quote name='flapjackfritz']UPDATE:

It is only in select stores, trying to liquidate their gaming supplies. The majority of stores do NOT have this deal. But a lot do (there are a lot of radioshacks.)

Definitely call ahead. Your Mileage may Vary.[/quote]

I guess that means Your Mileage WILL Vary lol.

I've been checking around San Diego and no go so far. Anyone around me have better luck?

[quote name='FrankTheFrowner']Another YMMV addition, but I found Lego Indiana Jones (360) for $29.97 at my local Radio Shack today.[/QUOTE]

Hey Frank-What radio shack?

This was a no-go at the Rockaway Mall Radioshack, in Rockaway, NJ.

I'm going to keep checking around though, in all of North Jersey, so if I find any, I'll let you guys know (for those who live in Jersey, or North Jersey).

This sale is really all over the place. Stopped by another RS this afternoon and didn't see any of the mentioned items on sale, but they did have the 360 wired controller for $29, and Rock Band Special Edition for the PS3 for $128.

[quote name='zephie']I guess that means Your Mileage WILL Vary lol.

I've been checking around San Diego and no go so far. Anyone around me have better luck?[/quote]

Thanks for checking. I found it unusual that these prices weren't reflected on their website, which probably would have indicated which sales are nationwide.

Radioshack near me said they shipped all their Ds systems to other stores as only a few stores will sell games now. I went to a mall store and bought a DS
for $130 and then went to the other store and they gave me the difference back($32).

the radioshack near me got the 360 controller for 29....

and one 30 miles from me has a 20 gig for 259. i got a 75 dollar gift card so i might bite

[quote name='the_punisher']Doesn't anyone here live in NY :([/QUOTE]

I would like to know as well..:cry: im selling my old one to get a new one. (anyone interested check my profile's thread)

edit: checked the first post again, no NYC.

[quote name='jchen']I would like to know as well..:cry: im selling my old one to get a new one. (anyone interested check my profile's thread)

edit: checked the first post again, no NYC.[/quote]
Potsdam, NY Radioshack was a no-go. $129.99 :(

Picked up X360 Rock Band SE Bundle for 131.47(before taxes) 140.68 after.
Columbia, SC--RS in Columbiana Mall

Last time I was in the store (three weeks ago), the Radioshack in Cary, NC had some pretty good deals on games. Can't remember any specifics but I know God of War: Chains of Olympus was about $10 - $15 cheaper than everywhere else (they also had a discounted Lego Indiana Jones and GTA IV).

Just managed to snag a copy of Halo 3 for $29.97 from the RS in Vancouver Mall, apparently the last copy in the area.

Might be up for grabs elsewhere though.

[quote name='st0nedpenguin']Just managed to snag a copy of Halo 3 for $29.97 from the RS in Vancouver Mall, apparently the last copy in the area.

Might be up for grabs elsewhere though.[/quote]

Man every time something like this comes up I really want none of my stores have it

Not sure if this was posted before or not, but Super Mario Galaxy is listed as $29.97 on their site. Saw it in store, but there were none left. Printed out and PMed at Bestbuy.

bread's done
Back