[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint

• 4 Classic Mario Games
  • Super Mario History soundtrack CD
  • Super Mario History booklet featuring original art and interviews

Retailers

Amazon - Available in stock
Best Buy - Available in stock
Gamestop (gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690) - Available in stock
Toys R' Us - Available in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chunlirocks']Im buying 7 reprints[/QUOTE]
[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']^ O rly. Oh yea I'm buying 8 reprints. Can you beat that?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DesertLeo']all of them. I will buy ALL of them[/QUOTE]
I'll print a third run. :booty:

I got a used one today at a Goodwill. The outside box was beat to shit, but the soundtrack game case was still sealed. Was the book inside the second case? It cost me $30 but I figured why not?

[quote name='moop2001']I got a used one today at a Goodwill. The outside box was beat to shit, but the soundtrack game case was still sealed. Was the book inside the second case? It cost me $30 but I figured why not?[/QUOTE]
Goodwill charged the full price? WTF?

Anyway, I've never ordered from TRU online. Do they allow store pick up to save shipping charges? Also, can you enter a gift card for the online purchase?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Goodwill charged the full price? WTF?

Anyway, I've never ordered from TRU online. Do they allow store pick up to save shipping charges? Also, can you enter a gift card for the online purchase?[/QUOTE]

Even Goodwill is hoarding and selling them at MSRP!!! Grab your pitchforks!!!!!!!

Some TRU stores allow in store pickup, others do not. Depends on your area.

[quote name='neudog']fuck game value. That shit only gains "value" because assholes hoard them and try to sell there copies for 3X market value. Kudos to Nintendo for taking the profit themselves.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. And I'm sure I'm neither the first nor last to say it, but we could use that profit a little more than they could. So fuck you.

A manager at Gamestop told me last night that Nintendo is tweaking the art book to differentiate it from the first release.

[quote name='confoosious']It's cause it's Nintendo. People love to bitch about Nintendo.
[/QUOTE]

People actually care about their Nintendo Wii... ;)

[quote name='hobbie8046']A manager at Gamestop told me last night that Nintendo is tweaking the art book to differentiate it from the first release. [/quote]

They are bullshitting you. I used to work at EB, essentially the same thing, and we never had any information that wasn't already listed in press.

[quote name='hobbie8046']So fuck you.[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGepBtBCuTY&feature=related

[quote name='hobbie8046']A manager at Gamestop told me last night that Nintendo is tweaking the art book to differentiate it from the first release.[/QUOTE]

If Nintendo was really trying to offer an olive branch to collectors that want to keep a sealed copy, then Nintendo would focus on changing something on the outside of box. It could be something as simple as printing a tiny "Second Edition" line somewhere on the back of the box. However, I have to wonder how big of a priority something like that is for Nintendo.

[quote name='moop2001']I got a used one today at a Goodwill. The outside box was beat to shit, but the soundtrack game case was still sealed. Was the book inside the second case? It cost me $30 but I figured why not?[/QUOTE]

why not? because you paid full price for a used game...a used game that's apparently getting a reprint, and even if it sells out immediatley again, you could have easily gone to gamestop or wherever and preordered for the exact same amount you paid for a used version. fail.

[quote name='prateeko']Both the links are dead. Am I missing something or is this not getting reprinted?[/QUOTE]

I would guess they have sold so many that they had to take it down. Most people are buying all the copies they can afford because it's the best gaming deal this century.

[quote name='TaM4ever2003']Just sold my extra copy for $50 over Craigslist. Some girl came and picked it up. Anyone else who has an extra i suggest selling it for $50 before the general public becomes aware.[/QUOTE]

She probably did a smart thing by buying it. Them making reprints won't hurt the overall value because fact is there will not be enough to go around no matter what and knowing nintendo I'd imagine there to be an obvious difference from the 1st release. People will hoard up all the copies they can get a hold of at $29.99. Plus the last post on this thread I read just said both links were dead so I'd imagine all the reprints are already spoken for. I see this game bringing $100 on ebay by xmas time although I won't be selling mine on there.

[quote name='ps2emotions']She probably did a smart thing by buying it. Them making reprints won't hurt the overall value because fact is there will not be enough to go around no matter what and knowing nintendo I'd imagine there to be an obvious difference from the 1st release. People will hoard up all the copies they can get a hold of at $29.99. Plus the last post on this thread I read just said both links were dead so I'd imagine all the reprints are already spoken for. I see this game bringing $100 on ebay by xmas time although I won't be selling mine on there.[/QUOTE]

I really wish people would stop posting all this speculation. As of today, there is no evidence the reprint will be different than the original print and no evidence that just because Gamestop is no longer taking pre-orders on-line that they won't get tons of copies in store. Similarly, there is no indication which additional retail or on-line stores will get copies. For all we know, Nintendo will press another 500K copies pushing the total well over 1.3 million. The game hit $80+ long before any talk of a reprint and fell to $60 or less before any reprint was confirmed. As such, an additional flood of copies will not result in the value surging again, if anything it will drop even more sharply.

yeah serious, I was going to get one but hell it appears my old SNES cart has more than this does - obviously sans artwork and music cd, but it has more game

so if rabbid dogs eat it up I dont get this 'iffy' deal and stick to the virtual console offerings

big whup. would get it for the $30 new, will pass on it entirely if I can't/until I can

edit - the self-induced speculation frenzy is good for a laugh but that's about it
gamestop has previously owned for $24.99, always hate it when greed and flippers (and to a lesser extent, collectors) get in the way of gamers

Interesting how they call it a "final run" instead of a reissue. Wonder how many. That blogpost doesn't really list any new info though, so how do we know if nintendo said it or if it is just based on what we already know from the gamestop/tru listings.

Its officially announced from Nintendo not just a website saying pre-order we have them.

Which both those links/sites are gone/no listings/bad link

Hm, I guess I'll cancel my TRU and go through Amazon for this. Unless they decide to do another GC run with it, I think I might start going for Amazon on all these things just in case an issue happens.

Their Mv3 Coupon code rocked.

[quote name='ShockandAww']You can order from Amazon again. In stock March 11th. Nintendos doing one more print and that's it according to IGN.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link!

I was sad that I missed it the first time around, so this is great!

[quote name='ShockandAww']You can order from Amazon again. In stock March 11th. Nintendos doing one more print and that's it according to IGN.[/QUOTE]

I'll bet they'll print a few million copies this time around... but that's it! Only a few million.

Not sure what to do since I have my sealed copy from Amazon. It's well after the return/exchange period. All I want is to make sure I get a copy with an undamaged box. I guess my only option is to order one, hope it arrives undamaged, and then return the unopened one from December, unless anyone else has other ideas.

[quote name='Matt Young']Not sure what to do since I have my sealed copy from Amazon. It's well after the return/exchange period. All I want is to make sure I get a copy with an undamaged box. I guess my only option is to order one, hope it arrives undamaged, and then return the unopened one from December, unless anyone else has other ideas.[/QUOTE]

I'd do GameStop before amazon. They tend to pack things better

I actually have never had a problem with Amazon's packaging of items, save for this one exception. I'm not even sure if it was the packaging or if the box was already damaged before they shipped it out. Also, no tax or shipping due to Amazon Prime.

[quote name='Matt Young']Not sure what to do since I have my sealed copy from Amazon. It's well after the return/exchange period. All I want is to make sure I get a copy with an undamaged box. I guess my only option is to order one, hope it arrives undamaged, and then return the unopened one from December, unless anyone else has other ideas.[/QUOTE]

That seems reasonable enough to me... You're essentially exchanging it for a (hopefully) undamaged copy. I've done this plenty of times when they've lowered the price on things, etc (though I'll usually just pay my own shipping back... which I think you can avoid for this since your copy is legitimately damaged).

[quote name='prateeko']I'd do GameStop before amazon. They tend to pack things better[/QUOTE]

You must be forgetting that Amazon sent these out to some people in huge 6 foot long boxes last time.

[quote name='leshrac55']That seems reasonable enough to me... You're essentially exchanging it for a (hopefully) undamaged copy. I've done this plenty of times when they've lowered the price on things, etc (though I'll usually just pay my own shipping back... which I think you can avoid for this since your copy is legitimately damaged).[/QUOTE]

I still have the e-mail communication between myself and Amazon regarding the damaged copy. They offered me a refund plus 20% of the cost, which was much appreciated, but I declined since I didn't expect to have another chance to purchase a copy new or at this price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kodave']How many of these should I pre-order to guarantee me the funds to put my future children through college?[/QUOTE]
All of Amazon's stock :lol: That way, you'll create an artificial shortage by yourself after Gamestop and TRU sells out. And then you will be rich!

bread's done
Back