[UPDATE] Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint - $29.99 [3/13/11]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Super Mario All-Stars: Limited Edition (Wii) Reprint

• 4 Classic Mario Games
  • Super Mario History soundtrack CD
  • Super Mario History booklet featuring original art and interviews

Retailers

Amazon - Available in stock
Best Buy - Available in stock
Gamestop (gamestop.com/wii/games/super-mario-all-stars-limited-edition/87690) - Available in stock
Toys R' Us - Available in stock

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donut2922']since the description lists it as 4 ounces does that mean this reprint will be different than the first? If so, I guess it makes me feel better about holding onto my copy still.[/QUOTE]

It's always been listed as 4 ounces.

Seems like it's the exact same thing, I guess all the folks planning to retire on their profits from flipping this will have to think again.

My suggestion would be............emu farms !!

I just preordered another copy from amazon but it only let me order 1. Went to TRU and best buy and could not order. Also checked newegg and circuit city but no luck. I ordered a couple from gamestop and now 1 from amazon and already have a sealed copy I purchased from amazon the 1st time around so I guess I'm good anyway but I would not mind spending $500 on these as an investment. I may hit the shopping centers around here on release day and buy every copy available just to sit on for a few years.

I opened mine based on the reprinting. It felt like a bad port. Something is missing in the SMB controls. I really noticed it in world 1-2, then I turned it off after I warped to 4-1. I've never noticed any lag from the Wii's wireless controls so my assumption is it is a software issue.

[quote name='52club']I opened mine based on the reprinting. It felt like a bad port. Something is missing in the SMB controls. I really noticed it in world 1-2, then I turned it off after I warped to 4-1. I've never noticed any lag from the Wii's wireless controls so my assumption is it is a software issue.[/QUOTE]

Giant Bomb's Quick Look showed me that. It was one of the reasons I was surprised people actually wanted to buy it that have experienced these games prior.

In for one, at Amazon.

[quote name='storino03']This game is THE game to invest your monies in. Get quick rich? With this game, you WILL! :D[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Nintendo. With this I will retire early. :cool:

I'll lol if there is a "2nd print" or "2nd edition" label for the game.

Since everyone is selling these fast on ebay for cheap, egg on their face,

But it seems its just the same as the first shipment.

*hopes toys r us has another sale on mario games*

Amazon's trade in deal of the day is Super Mario All Stars for SNES. They'll give you $13 for it. Trade in your complete SNES copy and 'upgrade' to the 25th Anniversary Edition on the Wii! Only $16.99 once you apply your $13 credit!

:roll:

[quote name='Kaiser499']I plan on getting a few of these.[/QUOTE]

So does everyone else. Which is why it won't be worth jack shit once it re-releases.

[quote name='Purkeynator']So does everyone else. Which is why it won't be worth jack shit once it re-releases.[/QUOTE]

If you wait awhile they will.

As soon as I get this, I'm gunna open and play it!

My naturally worn copy will be much rarer than everyone else's factory sealed copies and thus worth more :p

I really feel this isn't going to have the value most people think it will. Coupled with the reprint and lots of copies, and apparently a great deal of people buying them up in volume, on top of it not being a very fancy package (Nintendo didn't put lots of effort into it, sadly). The most valuable collectors items are the ones people don't expect to be valuable, therefore don't hang on to - parents used to throw comic books, old games and baseball cards into the trash, that's why those are valuable. Nowadays too many people put them in airtight sleeves as soon as they buy them, ensuring there are tons of mint condition copies out there.

I think it's great they are doing a reprint, I got one for my son for Christmas, he opened it right away and loves it. While Nintendo put like zero effort into the game (it is a completely unedited emulated ROM, right down to the SNES controller buttons), this is a game that deserves to be played and experienced, I'm glad more people (particularly younger children) will get that chance now - not everyone keeps track of new releases, and this disappeared from the shelves far too fast and too late in December (after gift buying was done) for a lot of parents to pick it up.

The first print only got up to about 70$ or so at height. Now there are two prints. These aren't even going to be worth the time to try and flip folks.

[quote name='Zaku77']The first print only got up to about 70$ or so at height. Now there are two prints. These aren't even going to be worth the time to try and flip folks.[/QUOTE]

they were hitting $95 on ebay.

I wouldn't buy these to make a quick buck, especially with the reprint, but at the height, these were fetching 95 or so. I was sorely tempted to sell mine.

I'll have to console myself with the fact that my extra sealed copy is from the first run, even if no one else will know.

Is it more enjoyable to play these from this disc or from the virtual console downloads?

Like, does VC support 16:9 (I know this disc doesn't)?

Do the controls run better on one than the other (I heard of complaints of laginess on the disc)?

To those who think this wont' be worth anything you better think again. My friends dad bought a red wii at kmart because I told them about the deal and he sold it this week for $300 in leslie co ky which is probably one of the poorest places in the country. The place is occupied by laid back hillbilly folk just outside a small town named hyden and he sold it in a little store like a peddlers mall. I think this game bundled with a red wii will bring $400-$500 on ebay this christmas once people realize they can't get them anymore and won't ever be able to get one again. The game alone will most likely bring $100 xmas time and this time next xmas I expect $150-$200. I've collected nintendo stuff for a long time and it only goes up in value, especially anything dealing with mario.

Honestly..who buys games to flip immediately.. I got games in my collection that are worth thousands now, and I don't intend to sell them, cuz I want to play them and not sell them. But if you wanna make a mint on selling games..gotta flip them years later and not immediately. It's all about supply and demand and length of time and whether it's factory sealed.

[quote name='ps2emotions']To those who think this wont' be worth anything you better think again. My friends dad bought a red wii at kmart because I told them about the deal and he sold it this week for $300 in leslie co ky which is probably one of the poorest places in the country. The place is occupied by laid back hillbilly folk just outside a small town named hyden and he sold it in a little store like a peddlers mall. I think this game bundled with a red wii will bring $400-$500 on ebay this christmas once people realize they can't get them anymore and won't ever be able to get one again. The game alone will most likely bring $100 xmas time and this time next xmas I expect $150-$200. I've collected nintendo stuff for a long time and it only goes up in value, especially anything dealing with mario.[/QUOTE]

Dude, who cares? Are you really gonna store all this crap in your house for almost a year just so you can gamble on making a few hundred bucks? There is no way the game will hit $100 again. It didn't hit it this past Christmas when parents were actually looking for it and couldn't find it after it sold out weeks before Christmas. Why would their kids all of a sudden demand it next Christmas when Nintendo is no longer advertising or hyping it? Yes, there will always be new collectors coming into the market, but this might literally be the most hoarded game in history. Almost everyone here has at least two copies. Everyone who couldn't figure out how to get it the first time will now have another chance. Do you really believe that a game that already has a print run of 800K and will likely hit 1.2 million or more in the US is rare? It might be worth $50 sealed mint to the right buyer in a few years, but after collecting games for over 20 years, I can tell you with certainty it won't hit $100 or more and like collector's plates and commemorative coins, video games are a horrible investment. The overwhelming majority go down in value and the few that go up won't offset your losses when you overpay for everything else.

[quote name='bojay1997']video games are a horrible investment..[/QUOTE]

This. Videogames as long-term investments == very bad idea. They will not lead to a stable financial future.

[quote name='waxHead']This. Videogames as long-term investments == very bad idea. They will not lead to a stable financial future.[/QUOTE]

unless you're a dependent person living with parents.

[quote name='david12795']unless you're a dependent person living with parents.[/QUOTE]

Even if you're living at home and dependent on your parents, videogames still won't lead to a stable financial future.

[quote name='waxHead']Even if you're living at home and dependent on your parents, videogames still won't lead to a stable financial future.[/QUOTE]

true but its always a good way to make quick cash. although i wouldnt make it my career.

Videogames in general are bad investments, but are there any OOP mario or zelda games that don't go for at least twice the original cost sealed?

[quote name='david12795']true but its always a good way to make quick cash. although i wouldnt make it my career.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah - I totally agree you can make some quick cash if you know what you're doing, I've done that before. I wouldn't base my livelihood (and future) around it though.

I think some ppl fail to see the difference.

[quote name='scottman']Videogames in general are bad investments, but are there any OOP mario or zelda games that don't go for at least twice the original cost sealed?[/QUOTE]

The question is how long will you have to wait for that game to double in value? While some of the Mario console games can quickly reach that mark, the portables ones don't seem to have nearly the same demand. A sealed copy of Super Mario Advance 4 recently went on eBay for a few bucks over its original MSRP and that game came out in 2003.

[quote name='Thrinn']The question is how long will you have to wait for that game to double in value? While some of the Mario console games can quickly reach that mark, the portables ones don't seem to have nearly the same demand. A sealed copy of Super Mario Advance 4 recently went on eBay for a few bucks over its original MSRP and that game came out in 2003.[/QUOTE]

It's a crapshoot with videogames, unfortunately. Who would've thought that a Factory Sealed Mass Effect LE would sell 5 times its original MSRP now on ebay after it came out 2 year's ago or so. Same goes with the rare Atlus and NISA games. Videogames are not a sure way to retire on, unless you got some obscure game that had like a limited 10 game release or something.

[quote name='NolbertoS']It's a crapshoot with videogames, unfortunately. Who would've thought that a Factory Sealed Mass Effect LE would sell 5 times its original MSRP now on ebay after it came out 2 year's ago or so. Same goes with the rare Atlus and NISA games. Videogames are not a sure way to retire on, unless you got some obscure game that had like a limited 10 game release or something.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, and those games from Atlus/etc. are valuable because the print runs were so small. Making money on those involves gambling on buying copies of a game that may be worthless, taking a gamble on future demand of a niche title that isn't common and may turn out worthless. By estimates there will be a couple million Super Mario All Stars, on top of the millions of SNES copies, on top of the abundance of GBA versions, original NES versions and the VC versions and ROM images floating around. If you want to play the original Marios, you have tons of options. If you are a collector and want a rare factory sealed copy, then how many people are buying up 6, 10 or 20+ of them will it take to fulfill that demand easily? There are a lot better investments out there. Maybe in 10 years, when the Wii is an antique, will this fetch a heafty sum - but then again, a true collector will want the SNES version or the NES originals, not a reprint of an emulation of a remake of games that aren't rare or hard to play. A box, a small booklet and sparse soundtrack won't change that.

Buy the game, play it, enjoy it - but don't expect it to turn into a pile of gold in a year or two. This is a fantastic way for people to catch up on their childhood or introduce your kids to something that you enjoyed when you were younger, all on a console you already have hooked up to your TV. I'd recommend finding a good financial advisor if you want to invest, and they probably aren't going to suggest stocking up on Mario :).

[quote name='Thrinn']The question is how long will you have to wait for that game to double in value? While some of the Mario console games can quickly reach that mark, the portables ones don't seem to have nearly the same demand. A sealed copy of Super Mario Advance 4 recently went on eBay for a few bucks over its original MSRP and that game came out in 2003.[/QUOTE]

Bootlegs severely hurt the value of handheld games.

[quote name='Rozz']Bootlegs severely hurt the value of handheld games.[/QUOTE]

Anyone serious enough to pay a premium price for a sealed copy of a really old game wouldn't really be interested in cheap knock-offs, though. Sure bootlegs can hurt the overall demand for a game, the smaller demand would just mean that fewer copies would be produced.

I'm not sure I'm seeing exactly how piracy affects handhelds more than consoles. It seems to be a huge problem on both fronts.

[quote name='Thrinn']

I'm not sure I'm seeing exactly how piracy affects handhelds more than consoles. It seems to be a huge problem on both fronts.[/QUOTE]

It's much easier to hack a handheld than a console.

(Not that I advocate doing so)

[quote name='Thrinn']Anyone serious enough to pay a premium price for a sealed copy of a really old game wouldn't really be interested in cheap knock-offs, though. Sure bootlegs can hurt the overall demand for a game, the smaller demand would just mean that fewer copies would be produced.

I'm not sure I'm seeing exactly how piracy affects handhelds more than consoles. It seems to be a huge problem on both fronts.[/QUOTE]

Consoles, unless hacked, can't play a bootleg game. Most cartridge-based handhelds for years could play bootleg games without problems so most people didn't even know they're buying bootlegs on sites like eBay and Amazon. Since the pirates could make as many copies of bootleg games as they want and thus sell them for way cheaper prices than the legit copies, it drives the price of handheld games way down.

Most people don't know that they're buying cheap knock-offs. The average soccer mom buying a Mario game for her kid to play on his Game Boy does not have any knowledge of this. Games like Tetris DS would be hella valuable if not for the bootlegs flooding the market and ruining the value.

[quote name='Rozz']Most people don't know that they're buying cheap knock-offs. The average soccer mom buying a Mario game for her kid to play on his Game Boy does not have any knowledge of this. Games like Tetris DS would be hella valuable if not for the bootlegs flooding the market and ruining the value.[/QUOTE]
I guess we're talking about two different things. I was originally speaking about hard core game collectors after sealed copies of 10+ year old games, not the general public.

While I certainly remember the demand for Tetris DS in the past, I attribute its recent value as being kept in check by the fact that Tetris is always available in countless different iterations on just about every digital platform in existence. There appears to be three different Tetris games on the DS now, two as carts and one as DSiWare.

Nice avatar BTW. ;)

[quote name='Rozz']Consoles, unless hacked, can't play a bootleg game.[/QUOTE]

Not true: Dreamcast.

Yeah, I just wanted to be that guy.

Carry on. :)

bread's done
Back