UPDATED 12/5: Amazon.com Prince of Persia w/preorder goodies -- $57

KhrevalBruuk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
12/5/08 Update -- two preorder goodies right here:

[quote name='dafunkk12']For those of you who didn't pre-order or bought from somewhere else, here's a link to download the bonus hi-res Penny-Arcade Prince of Persia comic.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/promos/PoP_PA_Storybook.pdf[/quote]

[quote name='Showstoppa42']To be specific, the code is 52585854, put in under the Extras Menu -> Skin Manager, which gives you the Sands of Time Prince and Farah skins.

Works on either the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions.[/quote]

___

I've done some searching and I don't see this specific set of details listed for the upcoming next gen Prince of Persia game to be released on 2 Dec 08 (at least in North America). My apologies in advance for not making this post as pretty as others are able.

At Amazon.com both the Xbox360 and PS3 versions show for $56.99:

Xbox360:
http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Persia-Xbox-360/dp/B001ASJISG

PS3:
http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Persia-Playstation-3/dp/B001ASJIS6

$3 off? Meh. But wait -- there's more.

Similiar to the EBGames preorder bonus, Amazon will auto-magically upgrade all preorders to the special Limited Edition version of the game:

POP_PS3_LE_HQP.jpg

"Free Limited Edition Upgrade
Order your copy of Prince of Persia and get automatically upgraded to the Limited Edition free*. Limited to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Offer valid while supplies last. *Tax and Shipping charges may apply. See details."

In addition, Amazon also grants an exclusive Prince of Persia Penny Arcade digital comic:

pop_pennyarcade_cover.jpg

"Amazon.com Exclusive Pre-order Bonus
Order your copy of Prince of Persia and receive the Amazon.com Exclusive Prince of Persia Penny Arcade Digital Comic. Limited to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Offer valid while supplies last. Instructions on how to download the comic will be emailed 10 business days after the release date."

And...Amazon will give you a coupon for $10 off another video game purchase:

10-offer._V260433304_.jpg

Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order your copy of Prince of Persia for the PS3 and get $10 off a future video game purchase. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. See all details

Notes: I took the wording from the PS3 pages, but I verified it all holds for the Xbox360 as well. Also, you can apparently save $10 off a $50 purchase with Bill Me Later, if you're so inclined. This purchase also qualifies for Super Saver Shipping, and there's a better-than-average chance you won't have to pay sales tax.
___

I hope y'all find this post helpful, or at least useful.

KB

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emeraldgsl']I'ts pretty much over because it was only available to people who reserved it. I also checked Gamestop's website and they have taken down the pic and info about the upgrade.[/quote]

My Best Buy still had preorder boxes today with the free LE upgrade note.

Did anyone see now they're giving a buy bonus of a character code if you buy at Gamestop? hope that is not sign sales are down, but it does suck that the code is not even part of the Limited Edtion

[quote name='Pck21']So does anyone else feel like this game could possibly drop in price like a rock in the coming weeks but also become a huge sleeper hit? Could just be me too...[/QUOTE]

You mean like the first one from the last gen series? :) Yes.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a price cut soon or a free Ubisoft game with purchase.

[quote name='Romis']Did anyone see now they're giving a buy bonus of a character code if you buy at Gamestop? hope that is not sign sales are down, but it does suck that the code is not even part of the Limited Edtion[/QUOTE]

Hmm? The code is on a little piece of paper stuck to the front of the LE.

To be specific, the code is 52585854, put in under the Extras Menu -> Skin Manager, which gives you the Sands of Time Prince and Farah skins.

Works on either the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions.

[quote name='Showstoppa42']To be specific, the code is 52585854, put in under the Extras Menu -> Skin Manager, which gives you the Sands of Time Prince and Farah skins.

Works on either the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions.[/quote]

Thanks! :D

[quote name='segaplayer']you forgot the 2 at the end of that. 525858542[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's only 8 digits....at least on the Xbox 360, where I actually tested it. It even says "Enter your 8-digit code" on the screen.

[quote name='munch']Ubisoft games are born to have a price cut within the first month.[/quote]

Yeah it's weird, isn't it? Seems like a self-defeating policy for Ubisoft, especially in a game with no multiplayer where there's no need to build a community immediately, but POP is already popping up for $50 various places.

Got my copy today from amazon and my 10 dollar off code :) WOOOT!!!

Can't wait to play it.. the limited edition comes in a box with an extra sleeve for the DVD with extras on it. Kinda lame :(

Can someone please post a picture of the actual LE packaging? Thanks.

I didn't preorder it. If the packaging is awesome enough, I might have to hunt down a copy before it's all gone.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Got my copy today from amazon and my 10 dollar off code :) WOOOT!!!

Can't wait to play it.. the limited edition comes in a box with an extra sleeve for the DVD with extras on it. Kinda lame :([/quote]

same here!
icon_smile.gif

high five!

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Got my copy today from amazon and my 10 dollar off code :) WOOOT!!!

Can't wait to play it.. the limited edition comes in a box with an extra sleeve for the DVD with extras on it. Kinda lame :([/QUOTE]

The PS3 bonus come on a Blu-ray Disc. It's really f'ing annoying that the soundtrack is not an audio CD or portable audio file. I should guessed -- Ubi nailed me with the Chaos Theory soundtrack like that too. Guess being spoiled by the MGS4 LE is nothing more than that -- being spoiled.

[quote name='WebScud']The PS3 bonus come on a Blu-ray Disc. It's really f'ing annoying that the soundtrack is not an audio CD or portable audio file. I should guessed -- Ubi nailed me with the Chaos Theory soundtrack like that too. Guess being spoiled by the MGS4 LE is nothing more than that -- being spoiled.[/quote]

Yeah meant dvd sorry :(

No the packaging is NOT worth it.. dont bother hunting one down lol.

Im done playing after an hour.. finding the light seeds is stupid. Off to ebay it goes

Beware, I went to Gamestop to pick up my pre- order of PoP and was told that they didn't get any of the Limited editions in for the PS3, I picked up the regular edition but, after thinking about it I decided to fire off an e-mail to the district manager, stuff like this happens to much with gamestop. everytime there is some pre-order swag there is NEVER any shipped to "my" gamestop. I end up getting nothing pre-ordering with them. If I don't get any satisfaction from them I am never going to make purchases for anything from them again and will encourage every one I know to shop elsewhere.

[quote name='realmadpuppy']Beware, I went to Gamestop to pick up my pre- order of PoP and was told that they didn't get any of the Limited editions in for the PS3, I picked up the regular edition but, after thinking about it I decided to fire off an e-mail to the district manager, stuff like this happens to much with gamestop. everytime there is some pre-order swag there is NEVER any shipped to "my" gamestop. I end up getting nothing pre-ordering with them. If I don't get any satisfaction from them I am never going to make purchases for anything from them again and will encourage every one I know to shop elsewhere.[/quote]

Ive been reading on a few different forums that the PS3 for some reason is harder to find even if pre ordered at gamestops.. best buy should still have them in though if you want it.

The limited edition isnt worth it :( Just a cardboard box and a blu-ray disc :(

That is not the point, it is a free upgrade, Dark sector came with a baseball cap as a pre-order gift, I don't wear hats but I wanted the damn thing. they pulled that crap that time as well.

[quote name='realmadpuppy']Beware, I went to Gamestop to pick up my pre- order of PoP and was told that they didn't get any of the Limited editions in for the PS3, I picked up the regular edition but, after thinking about it I decided to fire off an e-mail to the district manager, stuff like this happens to much with gamestop. everytime there is some pre-order swag there is NEVER any shipped to "my" gamestop. I end up getting nothing pre-ordering with them. If I don't get any satisfaction from them I am never going to make purchases for anything from them again and will encourage every one I know to shop elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

I live in a city and whenever I preorder I do it at the main shopping mall. If they run out of the bonus I drive over to an GameStop a few miles outside of the city and explain that the other store ran out of the bonus. If I show them my pickup reciept the typically give me whatever bonus.

Pre-order bonuses are never a guarantee. So while I understand being annoyed/disappointed you technically are buying the game only. There no obligation for them to make sure you get the freebie.

Edit: I've been bitching a whole lot about the "soundtrack" being available only as a movie on a BD-ROM. Guess that makes me a bit of a hypocrite.

Hey I noticed that some people on here didn't really like PoP. If you're willing to trade for it, please PM me and/or check my list. I never got in on the free upgrade so I ended up not buying the game. Thanks!

"Pre-order bonuses are never a guarantee. So while I understand being annoyed/disappointed you technically are buying the game only. There no obligation for them to make sure you get the freebie.[/quote]"

the only difference is that the version upgrade was something that the developer setup, Ubisoft has been touting that if you pre-order PoP from Gamestop that you will be automatically upgraded to the Limited edition. most swag offers have a disclaimer that the swag is first come first serve. but, not this offer.

http://www.gamershell.com/companies/ubisoft/491362.html

[quote name='WebScud']Edit: I've been bitching a whole lot about the "soundtrack" being available only as a movie on a BD-ROM. Guess that makes me a bit of a hypocrite.[/quote]
WAT! The soundtrack is a MOVIE file on the BD disc? How the hell do you extract it and burn your own Audio-CD?

Can't wait to play it.. the limited edition comes in a box with an extra sleeve for the DVD with extras on it. Kinda lame :([/quote]
Wait...Your extra disc came in a paper sleeve? I picked up my copy from BB and my case has spots to hold 2 discs. Weird.

Vader, 360 right? I also got a paper sleeve with the PS3 LE, but the bonus disc is a Blu-ray Disc rather than a DVD. Can someone with the DVD, rip the soundtrack and post the wallpapers? I can't do anything since PS3 gets the BD

[quote name='Vader582']Wait...Your extra disc came in a paper sleeve? I picked up my copy from BB and my case has spots to hold 2 discs. Weird.[/quote]

Yours Im betting is 360 whereas mine is PS3.. ours got a blu ray disc and yours got DVD obviously lol..

People with blu-ray drives can rip it.

[quote name='appleyum']Did anybody preoder PC version? Was it limited edition? I think US PC version got passed over for Limited Edition :bomb:[/quote]

They are giving Sands of Time along with the PC version of POP (if pre-ordered).:applause:

Mine shipped but I didn't get my $10 gift card. WTF.

I know about the 10 days blah blah blah, but if other people are getting it, I should too.

I emailed them, but I'm going to be annoyed if they give me the "wait 10 days" response. I want to use the $10 towards the Fallen King.

Mine shipped, but got no indication of whether or not it was upgraded to the LE. If it wasn't, I plan to complain until they give me another $10 gift card.

I think anyone who ordered before Tues safely will get the LE, I ordered late Monday and have mine. It's a fun game, quite different than I had expected and different than much else I can think of.

I got PS3 LE yesterday (free S&H with Prime). Limited edition paper case is kind of lame, but I suppose since we didn't have to pay more for it (unlike most other LEs), it's all good. Even before I got the game, I received emails with $10 GC and Penny Arcade book. Weird that Amazon claims the PA book is their exclusive when it's available online (PDF is easier to print out though).

All in all, I'm not disappointed since everything was free :)

P.S. It's always a question for me what version to get (360 vs PS3), so if all the prices are equal, I'll go with "main" system that gets extra content, etc. But whomever paid $10 more for 360 version is a strange fellow -- it's a single player game so you can't even use Live vs PSN argument.

[quote name='Vinny']WTF, I still haven't gotten my $10 code... mine shipped today so hopefully I'll get it soon.[/QUOTE]

Same thing, I emailed them, they respond and say "we're sorry you didn't get the code. It was sent out on the 3rd. Here is the email" and below that it showed supposedly the actual email, yet it was to $10 off Sonic Unleashed. (??) So I try the code and it doesn't even work. I finally just called them, and they gave me a $10 credit towards my next purchase. I may still be getting the $10 email too but I doubt it. They tried to say it may have been sent to my junk mail but I looked there and there wasn't any such email.

bread's done
Back