UPDATED 2/26 - PS2 Crazy Taxi & TMB $4.38 @ Target + picked up some for CAGe

Mr. Rhee

CAGiversary!
PS2 Crazy Taxi greatest Hits $4.38 @ Target B&M
may have already been posted elsewhere, but my targets had lots of copies. 1 target had at least 80+ copies. along w/ PS2 Twisted metal $4.38 and XBX Fuzion Frenzy $4.98. I know there's a target thread somewhere but was worried it would get lost in the shuffle.

updated: 2/26/04
-------------------
I picked up 30+ PS2 Crazy Taxi, 10+ PS2 TMB because everyone asked me if I could. read thru entire thread and see how to reserve one for yourself. and yes, I'm selling them for under $5 each + cheapass shipping.
-------------------

target told me they are dumping twisted metal GH because they may be getting the re-released GH version that includes TMB: online 2-disc set. this can be currently be picked up at any BB for $20/$15w/ggc. I also saw stacks of Ratchet/Clank, Kingdom Hearts & Jak/Daxter in a shopping cart. they must have overordered on the KH. so hopefully they are dropping it to $5-$10 soon since part2 is out soon. The manager told me these games were not meant for the regular GH section. which had plenty of room left. the cart was located next to the clearance endcap section next to clearance haircare.

also, if anyone cares, they were dumping sony camcorder lithium batteries for under $10 and memorex FRS Radio Basestations for $4.24 (MK1800) - I bought 4 to set up in each main room of the house. and crest whitestrips XMAS gift bundle for $2.99. I guess it wasn't such a hot xmas gift idea, too funny, but it was nearly full size.

the reason why I mentioned the other deals is because I found a lot of clearance games by just carting by all the stores endcaps, not just in the games section. either lazy/careless employees or hidden by other CAGers.

:)

I found the TMB for $4.98, but no Crazy Taxi yet... which is what I really wanted. I have one more Target to check tommorow after I go to Kendo.

If I can't find a PS2 Crazy Taxi, any chance you could pick one up and send it Media Mail? I can pay via PayPal.

I'm going to be checking that out at my Super Target. No point in looking at the crappy regular Target I have.

most of the $4.98s dropped to $4.38 and the rep told me they'll go lower but I'm sure they'll be cleaned out soon. If I can make it out there tomorrow, I'll consider picking up some copies and selling them ONLY to CAGers via ebay for exactly what I paid $4.38 or lower + actual shipping (hopefully under $2). but I really think you should all go check out your local targets asap and look in hidden nooks and crannies. even ask a few employees where their clearance sections are and if any are in the back. keep in mind that Crazy Taxi PS2 is no longer accepted by EB stores for trade-in for most promotions.

and they were also clearing out Printers (house designer brand?) originally $49, now under $7. I bought one to trade into COMPUSA because they often run promos that allow you to trade/upgrade your current printer and save $50-$75 off new gear. PLUS, DJ mixman console for pc (older packaging before mattel) originally $80-$100, newer packaging still $80+, but these were less than $15.

oh, and lots of ps1 games for $1.98 or less. If I see Ratchet, Jak, Kingdom Hearts for anywhere near $5, I'll let you all know and pick some up for CAGers.

This should probably have been posted in the Target clearance thread. Anyways, I think the current PS2 Greatest Hits games being clearanced right now are:

Crazy Taxi
NBA Street
Silent Hill 2
Spy Hunter
Twisted Metal Black

They should all be under $5 (75% off) by now. Like all Target clearance deals, YMMV as to finding them at your local store. Most sold out when they were 50% off.

Other PS2 Greatest Hits games that were clearanced a few months back are:

Maximo
Resident Evil Code Veronica X
Virtua Fighter 4 (not VF4 Evolution)
Metal Gear Soilid 2
Devil May Cry

Man, I'll have to head out there sometime, and cross my fingers [although I don't recall ever finding a deal at my target.] Bunch of games up there that I don't want badly enough to pay 15-20 bucks for, but 5 and change is a no-brainer.

Devil May Cry for $5.00 is an absolutely incredible deal. The game is truely amazing--one of those games that really earned the high ratings it received.

Did I mention it is a great game?

My local Target is just about cleared out of clearance games. The casual gamers must be catching on or something. I already had Crazy Taxi for DC, but I wanted to pick up a PS2 model cheap for a family member. Unfortunately, there were no Crazy Taxi GH titles available.

if anyone finds Silent Hill 2 GH on clearance at Target, please pick it up for me. I'm happy to pay to have it shipped, I've been looking for a cheap new copy of this for a while. thanks!

Mr. Rhee, no luck on Crazy Taxi in Richmond. I am a Target hardcore and scoured 3 area stores to no avail.

I will be Private Messaging you my contact info--so count me in on needing one.

[quote name='Mr. Rhee']oh, and lots of ps1 games for $1.98 or less. [/quote]

Could you name some of these cheap PS1 titles? The Target I went to didn't have a single PS1 game for less than $9.99.

what target are you going to Ga targets SUCK! never any good cheapo games! Lets us know if you guys wanna make mone buying them for us and sendeing to us through media mail (1.42) payy with checks paypla money orders anyhting. I WANT SOME CHEAP ASSNESS TOO !

Damn, those are some AMAZING deals. I'd definatly jump on them if my Target had something worthwhile (all their "clearence" games are still $10 or above, and some are even regular price).

If anyone could get me a copy of Devil May Cry, Maximo or Crazy Taxi new for under $5 I would be more than happy to pay for it, shipping and a little something for your trouble? My Targets doesnt have any of them :( They had Fusion Frenzy, but it was $19.99. Also a weird thing is that I picked up Arc the Lad for around $7 and right down the road at the other target, it was $39

[quote name='C_A']Nothing at my targets except that $5 Fuzion Frenzy.[/quote]

Lucky you. I checked Fusion Frenzy at my Target over the weekend and it rang up $19.99. Definitely regional. :(

yeah, i wish i could get my hands on that $5 fuzion frenzy........the target here still has them at $19.95.......i asked the guy to do a price check and he looked at me like i was crazy or something.........man, i am never going there again..........plus it took them like 10 minutes to get somebody to open up the glass case that is holding the games

I stopped by a local Super Target last Friday and was looking for some of the cheap games listed on here. I found a copy of Fusion Frenzy for $498 or something. Weird thing was, it didn't have one of their usual red sale stickers, it was a normal white one. Some of ya'll might try looking at the platinum hits stand that they have, everything there is listed at $19.99 except for Fusion Frenzy. Just thought that might be useful to somebody out there thats looking for a copy...

[quote name='polobearjp']I found a copy of Fusion Frenzy for $498 or something. ...[/quote]
that game is nowhere NEAR worth close to $500 !! ;)

[quote name='bradr'][quote name='C_A']Nothing at my targets except that $5 Fuzion Frenzy.[/quote]

Lucky you. I checked Fusion Frenzy at my Target over the weekend and it rang up $19.99. Definitely regional. :([/quote]

No, my regular Target has them for 19.99. I think it may be that it has to be a Super Target.

I went to a target in greenwood indiana today. All that they had for sale was some low rent ps1 games and a baseball game for xbox. Kind of dissappointing really.

Fuzion Frenzy will be going down to $5 at all targets. will not be in the clearance section but in PH section. If it hasn't gone down to $5 yet, it will when FF2 for XBL comes out this summer. as mentioned before it was not labelled or clearanced, but on the shelf with other PHs, except that the white label read $4.98. I have 10+ targets in my metro area DC/Baltimore and only 3 have them at that price.

re: Crazy Taxi PS2.

I've got Good news & Bad news

which do you want first?

bad news:
I went to my local target to get more CT for other CAGers and they were gone. cleared out, 60+, gone... but not sold out. ?!?! I asked a MGR where they all went and he said they were pulled off the shelf to make room and put in the back to be shipped out. yes, SHIPPED OUT. He didn't know where they were going, and I'm not assuming anything. Perhaps other targets, but I doubt it because I've talked with quite a few liquidation companies that buyout Target and Best Buy overstock, returns, clearance items and perhaps they are buying all the clearanced leftover games to dump on ebay. I hope this is not happening from now on or many CAGers will be sorely disappointed. Just imagine if all target clearance games never made it to the shelf. sad. time will tell.

now for the Good News:
I begged the MGR to sell me a few copies for friends and he refused. So I went back the next day at 8am and asked an employee if he could check in the back because they were 'holding some games' in the back and I wanted to buy them for gifts,party favors etc. He seemed real annoyed or busy but I offered to give him a $5 tip if he could get them for me REAL QUICK because I was going to be late for work (even though I work from home), So he went in the back and guess what? He brought out a shopping cart full of Crazy Taxi & Twisted Metal Black and I bought everything. EVERYTHING. I got about 30+ CTs and only 10 TMBs. Each game was under $4.50

so, bottom line, the CAGers that want them, please let me know. 1 per person please. most likely I'll set up a quick ebay auction or other private site for CAGers only and sell them for what I got them for and the shipping will be accurate and as low as possible. I'm not trying to make money off this. Just give me some time, perhaps a week or two because I'm swamped with TAXES...

Post here NOW if you want one but don't PM me with a reservation unless you have a question because my PM-box is getting full. I'll reserve one for CheapyD in case he needs it and 1 for donssword because he's begged/reminded me quite a few times ;) but the rest are up for grabs. also saving for: waxHead.

P.S. don't forget to ask target employees if they're holding any games in the back.

and BjAngel, I'll keep looking for the frs.

I don't know if I'm going to show my face at that target for a little while.

:D

Mr. Rhee, thanks for the update, you went through an awful lot of trouble to look out for fellow CAGers!

I'll definitely take one of each (CT and TMB), please either PM me or respond to this thread and we'll work out the details. no rush either, I have lots of games to play in the meantime ;)

also, if there's something you're looking for, please let me know. there aren't any Targets around here, but I'm happy to look for anything you may want at other stores.

thanks again!

" I asked a MGR where they all went and he said they were pulled off the shelf to make room and put in the back to be shipped out. yes, SHIPPED OUT. "

What I think happened is this- when an item is 75% off for a while, it is taken to be salvaged. I believe that salvaged items are dontated to places like Goodwill. That's why when an old clearance item is scanned and rings up $0.00 it's supposed to be salvage.

I don't think the items are resold or anything, just donated.

I'll keep checking this thread frequently to see who's on the wait list. when I' m done with taxes I'll setup everything up. remember I only have 30+ Crazy Taxi and 10 TMBs. I'll only reserve them for people who post here and first come first served. if youi reserved it and then found it locally, by all means pick it up. don't feel bad. plenty of CAGers here. if I find the $5 ratchet/clanks or jaks

no, not always donated. there are liquidators on EBAY that advertise that they buyout clearanced games from BB,TG etc. - but I beat them to it this time around.

;)

I never knew that. I had always heard that the stuff was just salvaged/donated. That really sucks that they are doing that. It was bad enough missing out on stuff because it was taken off of the shelf to be donated (at leas that was a good cause though) but missing out on an item because of resellers seems really messed up.

Mr. Rhee,

First of all Thanks. That was a great thing to do. This community rocks because of people like you.

I would like one copy of each so please add me to the list.

I'm in Denver, CO. And I frequent Goodwills quite often. I've noticed that many of the clearanced target items (red tag clearance) end up at some of the local Goodwills. Often clearanced PC games will show up, but last week I scored a brand new Network PS2 combo pack for $110. So, check your goodwills if you can't find the Target deals - YMMV, but you never know (I've yet to see any of these PS2 games though).

Mr. Rhee..

First of all, Thank you. Second, what forms of payment would you accept? I would like a copy of Crazy Taxi...

Wow.

Mr. Rhee should get good samaratin of the year next CAG awards. Honestly man, that's really cool of you.

I don't need either of the games, but good deeds like this just need commendation. Rock on buddy.

Thanks a lot for going the extra mile. I would gladly take a copy of each. Either pm me or post here whenever i'll check back reguarly and thanks again.

[quote name='Mr. Rhee']I'll reserve one for CheapyD in case he needs it and 1 for donssword because he's begged/reminded me quite a few times ;)[/quote]

DOH! :oops: :shock: :D

Thanks Mr. Rhee!!!!!!!!!

I'll take a copy of Crazy Taxi. I've looked EVERYWHERE for it that cheap (my wife LOVED it on the DC) I just did find a copy of Twisted Metal Black today so I don't need that one...but thank you sooo much!

Just save me a Crazy Taxi PLEASE! :)

Mr Rhee,

I would also like a copy of CRAZY TAXI and also TWISTED METAL BLACK (if you still have any), whatever you want let me know. Please put me on your list. my email is [email protected], I could shoot you off something pretty quick, just let me know what works for you. Thanks, my target bites, as far as clearance stuff.

I am reasonably new here, came in about the the time circuit city got pillaged a few monthes back, and have been checking in to this site everyday for deals, humor, etc. Some of the posts are downright hilarious.........Thanks for helping out CAGs like this it is awesome!
I did a small part myself during the "CC Pillage", and that is how I found out about this site. I was looking at games with no knowledge of the 50% off and had one price checked and started to see that something was amiss with their prices and wound up getting Giants Kabuto and Zone of enders 2, and freaky flyers for cheap, and was still waiting for my wife, and a guy "apparently from this site" came up to me and playfully said you got the last copy of zone of enders 2 didnt you ?(it was 7.50, I think) The games restocker guy told him, cause he checked price for me and recommended it, I didnt know much about the game, to be honest. And the guy told me he came up looking for it, and what a great game it was, so I said look, I'll return it so you can buy it, I got two other games, not counting other stuff (I been there when last one has just gone) no biggie, and he just gave me cash for it, made his day. Afterwards he asked me if I heard about the sale from CAG, and showed me the list with all the smilies and "pat!" marks on it, you probably all remember the list and told me where to find it online. Since then a CaG I be. My little intro story........

bread's done
Back