UPDATED: Deals at Overstock: SC: Chaos Theory (GC) $7, Otogi 2 (Xbox) $12, and more!

lpj8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I hope this isn't a repost:

Click here:
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (GC) $7
Free shipping code: 85704
It should come out to 7 bucks shipped.
Not a bad deal for a great game.

Other deals (Thanks Mattcube64, Pookymeister1234, illennium, megaseadramon):

:xbox:
007: Everything or Nothing
$8 $10
Cold Fear $8
Doom 3 $12 Collector's Edition $18
Dynasty Warriors 5 $18
Fatal Frame 2 $17
Godzilla: Save the Earth $10
Gun $15
King of Figthers 2002/2003 $16
NBA Street Vol. 3 $12
Time Splitters: Future Perfect $13
Total Overdose $12
Ultimate Spiderman $12
Wireless Arcade Stick $11
Xbox DVD Kit $8
[OOS]Darkwatch $10
[OOS]Indigo Prophecy $12
[OOS]Otogi II $12
[OOS]Sid Meier's: Pirates $12
[OOS]Suffering: The Ties that Bind $8

:ps2:
Beyond Good & Evil $12.49
The Getaway $10
Guilty Gear Isuka $16
Headhunter: Redemption $6
King of Fighters Maximum Impact Collector's Edition $10
Killzone $12
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal $12
Syphon Filter $10
Time Splitters: Future Perfect $12
Wild Arms III $11
[OOS]Digital Devil Saga 2 $22
「OOS]Resident Evil Chainsaw Controller $20
[OOS]Ultimate Spiderman Limited Edition $19.30

:gc:
Fight Night Round 2 $11
Judge Dredd: Dredd vs Death $8
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory $7
True Crime NYC $12
X-Men Legends II $13

:ds:
Pac N Roll $13.61

:psp:
GripShift $12

:gba:
Rampart/Gauntlet $8
Rayman 10th Anniversary $13
Spy Hunter/Super Sprint $8

:pc:
Everquest II (CD) $6.50
[OOS]Quake IV Collector's Edition $14.30

icon1.gif
Strat Guide Deals
Atelier Iris 2 Guide - $10.49
Kingdom Hearts 2 Guide - $12.34

you should be able to find beyond good or evil cheaper. Its a great game I really liked it ends to fast though. Its worth about 40 in my book.

[quote name='assassinX']Is this a good price for beyond good and evil? Also, any other games to purchase from the PS2 section?[/quote]

Beyond Good and Evil for PS2 is 9.99 used at ebgames/gamestop.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Saw a 'new' and a used copy at Gamestop around here. Might be able to score one there - though not exactly at a cheapass price.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll look around a bit and let you know. I know where I can get a disc only copy, which is fine with me for playing. Problem is it is priced at $44.99, so unless some deal comes along there it will remain.

I'm in no hurry but I know the longer I wait the harder it will probably be to find.

question: are these new games unless otherwise specified by the pre-played label?

because it seems that some of the games marked as pre-played cost more than the games without the pre-played label. i'm not sure all of the games listed are new.

[quote name='supersk']question: are these new games unless otherwise specified by the pre-played label?

because it seems that some of the games marked as pre-played cost more than the games without the pre-played label. i'm not sure all of the games listed are new.[/QUOTE]

You mean like EBGames does a lot? ;)

[quote name='supersk']question: are these new games unless otherwise specified by the pre-played label?

because it seems that some of the games marked as pre-played cost more than the games without the pre-played label. i'm not sure all of the games listed are new.[/quote]

I don't know for sure, but when you are looking at the game itself, the category at the top should tell you if you are in the Used or New games section.

For example, I'm looking at Everything or Nothing, and at the top of listing it says,

Book, Music, Movie & Game > PC & Video Games > XBOX > New Games

http://www.overstock.com/?page=proframe&prod_id=1050157

So I'm guessing they are new games, even though they are cheaper than the pre played.

Is the Namco Museum 50th Anniversary Arcade Collection any good? Trying to decide whether to pull the trigger.

[quote name='eau']Is the Namco Museum 50th Anniversary Arcade Collection any good? Trying to decide whether to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

It's the best Namco compilation yet, but that isn't saying much. For 8.00 i'd say get it. Rolling Thunder is a blast.

This deal reaked of awesomeness when it first started. I tried yesterday and again today (failed both times) to get the RE4 Chainsaw controller and Suffering Ties that Bind.
For those of you who got Indigo Prophecy at $12, I offer congratulations. For anyone who passed on it, you have serious mental problems.

Looks like all my stuff shipped last night. 3 different tracking numbers for 5 games and none of them work yet. Wonder how long it takes to get them?

[quote name='jalu6']Looks like all my stuff shipped last night. 3 different tracking numbers for 5 games and none of them work yet. Wonder how long it takes to get them?[/QUOTE]

For me about a week. Media Mail is VERY YMMV.

Anyone kicking themselves at Indigo, there are some BINs on ebay for $14.30 (incl shipping) which is comparable to Overstock w/ shipping and tax

[quote name='vherub']Anyone kicking themselves at Indigo, there are some BINs on ebay for $14.30 (incl shipping) which is comparable to Overstock w/ shipping and tax[/quote]

Thanks for the info, I missed out on Indigo.

To bad Overstock doesn't charge tax to most states, and the shipping was free. It was a nice deal!

I have two packages on the way, one for Indigo, one for the PS2 Chainsaw Controller. After I get an email, how long should it take for me to get a package. The site says 2-15 days, and that, to me, is not a very accurate guess. Anyone have any experiences with the site?

[quote name='mattcube64']I have two packages on the way, one for Indigo, one for the PS2 Chainsaw Controller. After I get an email, how long should it take for me to get a package. The site says 2-15 days, and that, to me, is not a very accurate guess. Anyone have any experiences with the site?[/QUOTE]

That's because they send (the games anyway, not sure about the controller) via USPS media mail. With media mail it is very hard to estimate times, because it can take a few days (sometimes the USPS really does send media stuff quickly via airmail) or a couple weeks (truck shipment with lots of stops). Media mail delivery time is also more highly dependent on how close you are to the shipping location.

Now as to when Overstock actually ships - well, they gave me a tracking number within 24 hours. But when they actually drop it off to be mailed is another matter, but it should be fairly soon - within a day or 2 of when they generate the electronic tracking number.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but Sly 2: Band of Thieves is $10. I picked one up since I've heard lots of good things about the Sly series.

28420293 Xbox - Dead to Rights II 10
28420293 Xbox - Dead or Alive Ultimate 11
28420293 XBOX Wireless Kombat Arcade Stick 11
28420293 Xbox - Hitman 2: Silent Assassin 10
28370019 Xbox - TimeSplitters: Future Perfect 13
28370019 Xbox - Indigo Prophecy 12
28370019 PC - Quake 4: Collector's Edition PC - Quake 4: Collector's Edition 14

You know, this is probably the deal of the year- games for sooo cheap and shipping that is amazingly cheap- and NO SALES TAX

... What sucks is that since it is so early in the year, everyone will likely forget about it and put more emphasis on some other sale that doesn't have nearly as many good games for so cheap.

[quote name='vherub']Anyone kicking themselves at Indigo, there are some BINs on ebay for $14.30 (incl shipping) which is comparable to Overstock w/ shipping and tax[/quote]

Thanks. Got it.

[quote name='vherub']Anyone kicking themselves at Indigo, there are some BINs on ebay for $14.30 (incl shipping) which is comparable to Overstock w/ shipping and tax[/QUOTE]

2 pts to you for making me say, "Yeah, why DONT i just go get the damn thing off ebay..."

So when overstock ships via media mail, first they electronically tell usps its ready to be mailed and then they actually mail it?

[quote name='whoknows']So when overstock ships via media mail, first they electronically tell usps its ready to be mailed and then they actually mail it?[/QUOTE]

That's the way the PayPal shipping works, so I assume it is the same with any online generated shipping info. They aren't hand carrying each piece to the PO and getting the green DC slips :D. When I print a PayPal label it generates the DC number right away. Then it is up to me to actually paste it on to something and mail it - but in the mean time it says "electronic shipping info received". Actually, now that I think about it, these are even WORSE in that they don't even say THAT - they just say the number is not valid (yet).

[quote name='ssimp12626']Indigo prophecy is back in stock 3 units left. Probably not for long.[/QUOTE]
It said there was 10 when I checked out.

Thanks, grabbed one!

OOS as of 8am EST. Looks like it's still in stock, but when I tried adding 100 to cart, it showed up as "quantity: 0" and it said OOS. Oh well, glad I got this though during the GS buy for $30 deal. A little more than this but I've already had my money's worth in the past couple of months. Congrats to those who got Indigo Prophecy, awesome game.

[quote name='jjz203']OOS as of 8am EST.[/QUOTE]
I bought the last one. I'm pretty happy, since it was the only title I really wanted from this sale. After codes, $10.80 was an excellent price.

Their email notification works pretty well, if there is something anyone is waiting for.

Really wanted Darkwatch, I'm on e-mail notify.
I might pick up KOF 2002 & 2003 but only if KOF drops a few more dollars :)

Yup, also got my Indigo Prophecy today.

Ordered the night the deal was introduced, and live in Missouri.

Although, my copy got pretty banged up in the mail. The top of the box was cracked, and when I opened the case, the disc was out of it's "snap holder." There are also a few light scratches on the disc. Anyhoo, I think it will play just fine, and I'll switch the box before I trade my next game.

[quote name='mattcube64']Although, my copy got pretty banged up in the mail. The top of the box was cracked, and when I opened the case, the disc was out of it's "snap holder." There are also a few light scratches on the disc. Anyhoo, I think it will play just fine, and I'll switch the box before I trade my next game.[/quote]
Yeah, I wasn't too happy about the shipping method, although my copy was luckily undamaged.

Mine came packed between two sheets of thin, non-corrugated cardboard that were just glued together around the game. There was no padding at all. I know the shipping was free, but that's pretty bad.

[quote name='elmyra']Yeah, I wasn't too happy about the shipping method, although my copy was luckily undamaged.

Mine came packed between two sheets of thin, non-corrugated cardboard that were just glued together around the game. There was no padding at all. I know the shipping was free, but that's pretty bad.[/quote]

Yup, same thing. When I first saw the package on the table, I thought it was guides that I have shipping here, but then noticed it was from overstock. I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. Ugh. Sure it's free, but I would of paid an extra dollar or two for nicer packaging.

I'm REALLY afraid that my pending RE4 Chainsaw controller is gonna come in. I plan on keeping it in the box, it better be in good shape.

[quote name='elmyra']Yeah, I wasn't too happy about the shipping method, although my copy was luckily undamaged.

Mine came packed between two sheets of thin, non-corrugated cardboard that were just glued together around the game. There was no padding at all. I know the shipping was free, but that's pretty bad.[/quote]

They ship the same as Buy.com. If you buy 1 game, you'll get the crappy cardboad sheets (that's how I got my Advent Children from Buy.com). I bought 2 games from Overstock, and it came in a nice big box (the same as when I bought strategy guides from Buy.com).

[quote name='elmyra']I just got my Indigo Prophecy today - that was quck! :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know how you guys got such fast shipping. Mine still says "accepted" in the Order Status page and it turns out I was right - they do use the same electronic shipping method as when you use Paypal, but they are even slower about it. After 3 days my tracking info went from "number not found" to "Electronic Shipping Info Received" just today. So, NOW they need to get it in the mail, and THEN media mail could take up to 2 weeks :D. Oh well, I wasn't planning on playing these games this weekend or anything.

[quote name='toldawg128']They ship the same as Buy.com. If you buy 1 game, you'll get the crappy cardboad sheets (that's how I got my Advent Children from Buy.com). I bought 2 games from Overstock, and it came in a nice big box (the same as when I bought strategy guides from Buy.com).[/quote]
It sounds like the trick is to buy 2 games in order to get better, safer packaging :cool:

[quote name='toldawg128']They ship the same as Buy.com. If you buy 1 game, you'll get the crappy cardboad sheets (that's how I got my Advent Children from Buy.com). I bought 2 games from Overstock, and it came in a nice big box (the same as when I bought strategy guides from Buy.com).[/quote]

So, my RE4 chainsaw controller will ship in a nice big box by itself, though, correct?

bread's done
Back