UPDATED w/ new titles: $10 Blu-Rays w/ $10 ticket or concession cash @ Target (YMMV?)

seanw

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
At some Targets, they have the following Sony Blu-Rays for $9.99:

A Few Good Men
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Donnie Brasco
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
Ghost Rider
Hancock
Kung Fu Hustle
Rudy
Seven Pounds

Also currently for $14.99:

A Knight's Tale
The Patriot

Attached to the shrink-wrap on some of the copies of these titles is a sticker for $10 movie ticket for the following movies at participating theatres:

Eat Pray Love
The Other Guys
Salt

That $10 can instead by applied to concessions, regardless of what movie you choose to see.

This website will determine if there's a participating theater near you.

http://new.emoviecash.com/emp_locator/

The $10 price on those Blu-Rays is supposed to last until October.

You have to select what you want the credit to apply to at the time of redemption -- concession cash or a ticket, and if a ticket, which movie -- and it generates a PDF. The posters for the three movies appear on the concession PDF, but there are no restrictions on the concession coupon indicating that you must be seeing one of those movies. So if you plan on buying at least $10 worth of concessions at a participating theater between now and October 31, these are essentially free Blu-Rays.

You may have to dig a little through the Blu-Ray display to find copies with the sticker on them -- not all copies had one. The promotion code is on the back of these stickers, which is on top of the shrink-wrap, so be careful when you're unwrapping.

If anyone has positive IDs of other movies in the promotion, post them and I'll add them to the OP.

8/4 update: So I drove across Wisconsin today and hit four Targets. Three did not have this endcap, and had the $9.99 Blus at their non-sale prices. (Another small-town Target I hit last week also didn't have them on sale.) The fourth, which was in Madison and was a big enough Target to have a grocery, did.

This strike me as really weird -- I've never known non-clearance sales to be YMMV at Targets, but I scanned some Blus as the stores without the endcaps, and sure enough they rung up at their non-sale prices. I still think this deal is really hot -- free Blu-Rays! -- but I don't know what to say about YMMVariability. The Blus at the non-sale stores also have the coupons, but at those prices ($15-$25) they're not nearly as good of a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful Some of their stock do have stickers, some do not. I picked up Donnie Brasco and A Few Good Men. The latter had a sticker but Brasco was missing. The clerk there peeled the sticker off another movie and told me to take it.

I may go ahead and grab Hancock since I'm going to see Salt anyway.. thanks! Pretty awesome deal, it's like I'm getting it for $1.. love movie cash deals

At both the Targets I've seen it at, these $10 movies are sometimes shelved with the rest of the Blu-rays but are always shelved on their own display over by, I dunno, the books? At both Targets, as you enter the store and are facing the electronics section, these have the leftmost display, facing out to the main aisle.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is the Amazon deal really limit one per customer? I didn't see anything stipulating that.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, unfortunately. Clicking on the terms and conditions brings this up in the first line:

Only purchases of select DVD movies from Amazon.com qualify. Limited to one offer/one promotional code per customer.

[quote name='MICHAE2414']Yeah, unfortunately. Clicking on the terms and conditions brings this up in the first line:

Only purchases of select DVD movies from Amazon.com qualify. Limited to one offer/one promotional code per customer.[/QUOTE]You can use multiple accounts to get multiple codes. I sent an inquiry to customer service and this was their reply.

[quote name='japaki']saw the patriot for 6.50 with a $10 ticket.[/QUOTE]

The Patriot on Blu-ray with the ticket? If so, that's a good deal on the blu-ray version even without the ticket attached :)

I'll be picking up Spirits Within. Been wanting it for a while anyway(Horrible Final Fantasy movie, but a good movie otherwise).

I went to a Target last night I hadn't been to in months, and they didn't seem to be having the sale -- they had the Blu-rays w/ movie cash attached, but the titles weren't $10. I don't know if Target abruptly ended the sale, disregarding the duration stated on the sign, or if some stores aren't participating, or what. Anyone been to a Target today?

Thanks, FoS; I found one too. I ended up buying it at a Target w/o the sale price and getting it price adjusted at a Target with the sale price. Again, weird -- Target always has universal sales, in my experience.

I found a copy of Donnie Brasco w/ the sticker, and that's a movie I really really like, but I was surprised to find that, even for free, I didn't want it, or Final Fantasy, or A Few Good Men, or Hancock. I would have considered "essentially free" to be a no-problem price for movies I like, and I liked those movies, but I knew they'd never get watched. (I'm taking some friends out to the movies for my birthday and planned to use the coupons to buy everyone concessions, so I have no shortage of ways to spend the money -- they would have indeed been free.)

bread's done
Back