UPDATED XBL Arcade Release List...

Pretty sweet that they are keeping up with XBLA Wed. I was a little afraid that would stop after pacman.

Lumines will be a must buy for me.

I hope UMK3 and COntra are in the next batch

[quote name='seanr1221']
[/QUOTE]

From what I heard Lumines Live won't be using techno and will be using shit like Madonna... or maybe that was Lumines 2 for PSP.

Weird that Joystiq is just covering this now... it was in the wikipedia since this morning, now all we need is some points attached to these games.

[quote name='Roufuss']From what I heard Lumines Live won't be using techno and will be using shit like Madonna... or maybe that was Lumines 2 for PSP.

Weird that Joystiq is just covering this now... it was in the wikipedia since this morning, now all we need is some points attached to these games.[/QUOTE]

I can almost guarantee that there will be D/L music or themes....it only seems logical.

[quote name='mykevermin']no price list? Boo![/QUOTE]

Let me guess for you....

* Aug. 16: Texas Hold 'em - probably 400
* Aug. 23: Time Pilot - 400
* Aug. 30: Scramble - 400
* Sept 6: Lumines Live! - 800

I'm pretty sure this is what we'll end up seeing.

[quote name='Roufuss']Let me guess for you....

* Aug. 16: Texas Hold 'em - probably 400
* Sept 6: Lumines Live! - 800

I'm pretty sure this is what we'll end up seeing.[/quote]

I'm guessing more along the lines of this:

* Aug. 16: Texas Hold 'em - 400
* Sept 6: Lumines Live! - 1200

Hasn't it already been mentioned multiple times that Lumines was going to be 1200?

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm guessing more along the lines of this:

* Aug. 16: Texas Hold 'em - 400
* Sept 6: Lumines Live! - 1200

Hasn't it already been mentioned multiple times that Lumines was going to be 1200?[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, Lumines is great but not $15 great, espically if they are going the licensed song route.

[quote name='Roufuss']Holy shit, Lumines is great but not $15 great, espically if they are going the licensed song route.[/quote]

Well, it's basically (if not exactly) the same game as Lumines 2 for the PSP, so $15 makes sense when they are going to be trying to get at least $40 for the PSP version.

I wouldn't be that suprised if Poker came out at 800 because Microsoft knows that there is a demand for it. They saw how well Street Fighter sold at that price and those are the two games everyone has been screaming for. I think the only thing that could make them put it out for 400, is the fact that they had announced it as a free game. I think the jump from free to 800 might cause a little more of a backlash than they would like, but they'd get by with it if they did it.

Latest OXM says $15 for Lumines Live, and that there will be a ton of downloadable goodies for it (which might cost extra for those, as well).

People pay $30 for a portable version of it, why not $15 for a 360 version with Achievements, Leaderboards, downloadable extras?

[quote name='Apossum']I think it's based on Lumines 1, not Lumines 2.[/quote]

There have been screenshots of Lumines Live and Lumines 2 posted that make the two games look almost identical.

[quote name='Apossum']I think it's based on Lumines 1, not Lumines 2.[/QUOTE]

If that's true, it's worth 1200 points... Lumines 2, not so much.

Nice, this schedule is a lot more impressive than the last lineup (from Frogger to Pac-Man). I'm down for the bookends, and possibly Time Pilot as well.

[quote name='seanr1221']Pretty sweet that they are keeping up with XBLA Wed. I was a little afraid that would stop after pacman.

I hope UMK3 and COntra are in the next batch[/QUOTE]
Ditto. I'm guessing they've got to be getting close since we've seen most of the games from E3 now...unless they're holding them off for some reason.

Hopefully they'll push out a new backwards compatibility update soon as well.. I hate to see that Texas Hold'em is going to cost something as it was originally going to be free if I remember correctly, but 400 points isn't all that bad for a multiplayer poker game if it's decent.

[quote name='Roufuss']If that's true, it's worth 1200 points... Lumines 2, not so much.[/quote]

What GameSpot has to say about how the game compares to the other versions of the game:

The new title includes the content from the original PSP game, as well as new, Xbox Live-exclusive content.

While you might think that Lumines Live is going to be just a quick and dirty port of the original Lumines onto the Xbox 360, that's not the case. Some of the PSP content does stand as the base for the game, but there's quite a bit more to it, thanks to some smart uses of Xbox Live and licensed music.

In addition to all of the above, Lumines Live will improve on its portable cousin by featuring support for downloadable content. When the game is released this summer, it will serve as a "base pack," with roughly 10 to 15 skins to unlock. In the months to come, Q intends to offer new puzzles, music, and skins in packs you can download on Xbox Live Marketplace. The content in the packs will also include music videos from a variety of different artists. During the Lumines Live segment of Microsoft's press conference, the video for Madonna's "Sorry" was used as an example.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/lumineslive/news.html?sid=6151377&mode=previews

[quote name='shipwreck']There have been screenshots of Lumines Live and Lumines 2 posted that make the two games look almost identical.[/quote]
All versions of Lumines looks the same, but it's the content that's different.

So does that mean there is nothing coming for the 9th of August? I admit, with Dead Rising hitting that day it's probably the best time to skip a week, but those stupid MS points are burning a hole inside my.....whatever.

[quote name='Stuka']So does that mean there is nothing coming for the 9th of August? I admit, with Dead Rising hitting that day it's probably the best time to skip a week, but those stupid MS points are burning a hole inside my.....whatever.[/quote]

August 9th is Pac-Man.

I'll get Lumines. Only other game that would interest me is Texas Holdem but I can play that for free on the internet so no sense in that.

[quote name='danked']poker should be fun but the rest not so much. I dont think we need more 80'S games we need better games[/QUOTE]
on oxm podcast recently, someone from the live arcade team talked about how they have a bunch of content coming, and the first one they were addressing was the old arcade games, but going forward you will see a sprinkle of arcade classics, earlier console classics and new ip's.

Lumines LIVE is partnered with warner music, so I would guess the new stuff would be from that label, which is why they showed madonna.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Anyone have any info on Scramble or Time Pilot?

Not sure what they are[/quote]

They're old school shooters from the 80's. They're certainly not worth more than $5 each. Hell, I paid less than that when I bought the Konami arcade pack for GBA. And it came with Yie Ar Kung Fu!

How is hold'em working. It would be cool if we set up tourneys on here with prizes of points. But then we would have to have a buy in. It would be cool if someone set up tourneys where the buy in was 1$ and then the winner took like 65% of the points and second 35%. Problaby against Cag Rules but has the ability to be a cool thing every week.

[quote name='ryanbph']on oxm podcast recently, someone from the live arcade team talked about how they have a bunch of content coming, and the first one they were addressing was the old arcade games, but going forward you will see a sprinkle of arcade classics, earlier console classics and new ip's.[/quote]

sweet at lest there coming out once a week now hopfully soon my dreams of raiden and MvsC2 will come hehe

[quote name='Roufuss']From what I heard Lumines Live won't be using techno and will be using shit like Madonna... or maybe that was Lumines 2 for PSP.

Weird that Joystiq is just covering this now... it was in the wikipedia since this morning, now all we need is some points attached to these games.[/QUOTE]

That would be both versions, goddamn Vivendia!!

Perdicting 1200 for Lumines.

I guess that makes sense. Scramble was only just announced a week ago. Too bad, I've been looking forward to playing Texas Hold 'Em.

Sheesh, if nothing comes out next week that's pretty sad on Microsoft's part. I thought this was the "Summer of XBox Live Arcade." Five weeks right in the middle doesn't count as a "Summer."

There are 20 weeks left in the year after Pac-Man. If they aren't releasing another game at LEAST every other week, something is wrong.

Giving MS the benefit of the doubt (never a good idea), that Gamespot article doesn't necessarily say something won't be coming out next week. Maybe they'll crap out Root Beer Tapper or something before doing a larger release after that.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Anyone have any info on Scramble or Time Pilot?

Not sure what they are[/quote]
Scramble:
scrambledr6.gif
Time Pilot:
timepltog2.gif

Scramble? Oh dear, what a waste. Time Pilot... maybe.

Scamble was never a great game. I know most classic gamers regard it highly, but I found it to be boring as a kid.

Weird that Joystiq is just covering this now... it was in the wikipedia since this morning, now all we need is some points attached to these games.[/quote]
Have no fear:
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/4726

When it was announced and they only showed the Madonna thing, I thought the same thing. Then I found this a while ago and was very relieved.

I just bought a PSP and one of the main reasons was Lumines :(

Well atleast I can play Burnout: Legends and Daxter
(And I want to try Infected and Death Jr.

Not sure how I missed the Lumines release, not like me at all. Must be old age setting in.

bread's done
Back