Updating is boring-Final Fantasy XI

legion_stxds

CAGiversary!
Ok... like this is unbelievably boring... I have been setting-up FFXI since 1:30 PM CMT. Damn this process takes forever! The updates have been going for at least an hour and I can't imagine how long it would take if I were on a 56K modem! Damn them... I hope the wait was worth it!

Sorry, but the wait isn't worth it. That game sucks, IMO. That is unless you plan to have no life at all for a couple weeks. That means no CAG and no other games, no social time, nothing. Actually, it might have to be like that for a couple months.

I enjoyed it for several months and I played other games too. And im still playing it occasionaly and its still fun...

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Its worth it if you like to punish yourself and enjoy interacting with elitist asses and greedy selfish jerks.[/quote]

Well, that's why I come here.

The game isn't for everyone, hey I play, and I was still working full time, and working on my college work, and still went out. Some people can balance it, others can't. I mean I play with 4 of my RL friends, and it's great. Then we go out, and do things too. It's true I've been neglecting a lot of my other games, and not been on CAG as much as before, but it's just that I really don't need to get a deal on a new game...though I wish my damn CC would have Disgaea! >.<

I mean I have tons of fun and helping people out, and still do other things. So the game is great, at least for me, and don't regret a thing...even though it was free to begin with....thank you beta testing ^^

[quote name='D4rkewolfe']The game isn't for everyone, hey I play, and I was still working full time, and working on my college work, and still went out. Some people can balance it, others can't. I mean I play with 4 of my RL friends, and it's great. Then we go out, and do things too. It's true I've been neglecting a lot of my other games, and not been on CAG as much as before, but it's just that I really don't need to get a deal on a new game...though I wish my damn CC would have Disgaea! >.<

I mean I have tons of fun and helping people out, and still do other things. So the game is great, at least for me, and don't regret a thing...even though it was free to begin with....thank you beta testing ^^[/quote]

Funny how we both started playing at the same time and ended up doing the compete opposite things.

[quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='D4rkewolfe']The game isn't for everyone, hey I play, and I was still working full time, and working on my college work, and still went out. Some people can balance it, others can't. I mean I play with 4 of my RL friends, and it's great. Then we go out, and do things too. It's true I've been neglecting a lot of my other games, and not been on CAG as much as before, but it's just that I really don't need to get a deal on a new game...though I wish my damn CC would have Disgaea! >.<

I mean I have tons of fun and helping people out, and still do other things. So the game is great, at least for me, and don't regret a thing...even though it was free to begin with....thank you beta testing ^^[/quote]

cus you're obviously a no-life idiot

Funny how we both started playing at the same time and ended up doing the compete opposite things.[/quote]

Sorry Carmen, we tend to forget that you and your avatar are the essence of coolness, having a life, AND being smart.

I played FFXI for a while at a friends house and i didn't really like it, i may still end up buying it for the HDD but that is if they start using it a lot more.

Well... so far I have been playing for 3 days... Im getting hooked... especially today... nothing better to do... its raining lol.

[quote name='legion_stxds']Well... so far I have been playing for 3 days... Im getting hooked... especially today... nothing better to do... its raining lol.[/quote]

And don't forget, it's all of that update material that separates this kind of game from all others. It's a small one-time (other updates during ongoing play should be much shorter, this was a bunch bundled together kind of like a Service Pack for Windows) price to pay for the amount of time you'll invest if the games appeals to you.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='legion_stxds']Well... so far I have been playing for 3 days... Im getting hooked... especially today... nothing better to do... its raining lol.[/quote]

And don't forget, it's all of that update material that separates this kind of game from all others. It's a small one-time (other updates during ongoing play should be much shorter, this was a bunch bundled together kind of like a Service Pack for Windows) price to pay for the amount of time you'll invest if the games appeals to you.[/quote]

Yeah... yesterday the game updated again... it was like only three files this time. I have already clocked like 2 days worth of game play... and I still haven't even scratched the surface of this game.

I just started 2 weeks ago, and dont mind the updates, its pretty fast for some reason (I only have DSL) and takes little time. The game is huge and the people are far from elitist asses and the such. I ran into 3 people honestly that annoyed me out the hundreds I see when I am on. It's a dedicated game indeed, but easily worth the play, and thats with a full time job, a 3 year old, my wife (gotta pay some attention to her... The occasional elbow drop doesnt do it anymore..) CAG dealings, GameTZ and the other games I play as well, oh yeah and my Anime.. Love me some Anime.

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Its worth it if you like to punish yourself and enjoy interacting with elitist asses and greedy selfish jerks.[/quote]

Well, that's why I come here.[/quote]

ZING!

[quote name='spoo']What server are you on legion? I also just started a few days ago.[/quote]

Im on the Diablos server and I will prbally get a world pass for a friend in a couple of days to weeks (depends on his cash flow). If your on a different server and wouldn't mind starting a new content ID on Diablos I will probally post the pass #.

[quote name='CarmenJubei'][quote name='XboxMaster'][quote name='D4rkewolfe']The game isn't for everyone, hey I play, and I was still working full time, and working on my college work, and still went out. Some people can balance it, others can't. I mean I play with 4 of my RL friends, and it's great. Then we go out, and do things too. It's true I've been neglecting a lot of my other games, and not been on CAG as much as before, but it's just that I really don't need to get a deal on a new game...though I wish my damn CC would have Disgaea! >.<

cus you're obviously a no-life idiot

Funny how we both started playing at the same time and ended up doing the compete opposite things.[/quote][/quote] No life? What is this guy talking about? How is working full time, working on my degree, and still have time to play and provide for my family make me have no life? To think that it is losers like you that I was out there training to protect. Dumbass. Where the hell did this loser come from anyways?

I'll post a world pass for Diabolos soon, just pass it on. I got it for my wifes' best friend, she just bought the game. Once she uses it, I'll post it for others, just pass it on. So you can have Legions and my pass.

Totally agree with you KingNES, you can't really avoid those back scratches, good thing I play with friends and they know what is up when I say I really got to go :twisted:

Cool... I will be looking you all up pretty soon... maybe even today. Mainly I got some work to do so I don't know when I will be on, but I will keep an eye peeled.

Doubt ya can find me today, cause of the update lol. So yeah I posted the world pass for Diabolos, and I will do so again in case your friend wants to use it legion 0217536810. I'll be back around the updates are done, unless something else comes up

Well this game has consumed my free time. I still go out and maintain my work/grades. IMO real life first games second... oh and darke sorry to have not /tell' d you yet... I totally got wrapped up in the level grind and hanging with some RL friends in game. I think I have seen you here and there... maybe we have even partied together... who knows? =)

i started back in march of 2004, and i quit in august 2004. it's a great game, but i'm on 56k (can't get DSL or cable where i live) and updating was a KILLER! the first time i bought the game, it took about 16 hours online to download all the updates needed just to start playing the game! it sucked really bad because i would get disconnected and have to start all over. but once i had all of those updates installed, a new downloading system was implemented, so if i would get disconnected while downloading an update, it would start where i left off.

the game was pretty fun, but the 56k and my real life got in the way, so eventually i gave it up. if anybodies on the migdar server and they see a guy named "catire" tell him i said hey.

[quote name='xzafixz']I played FFXI for a while at a friends house and i didn't really like it, i may still end up buying it for the HDD but that is if they start using it a lot more.[/quote]
Well, seeing as how the new PS2 model will not have HDD support, I guess that we wont see developers use it very much anymore (not like they really used it in the first place anyway).

Oh so very true! However, Sony I believe is looking into alternate forms of storage... now what that means... who knows.

Still as long as I have my PS2 w/ HDD and FFXI I am happy.

bread's done
Back