UPlay B1G1 Select Titles

amusedtoe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Just updated UPlay and saw they're running a promotion until March 4th where "buy any game $19.90 or more and get 1 of these games for free". The games are World in Conflict Complete, Driver San Francisco Complete, From Dust, Heroes VI Gold, Rayman Origins and The Settlers 7 Deluxe Gold. It appears UPlay in selling EA games has caught Origin's special brand of stupid though and by "any" they mean the list of about 30 games on the promo page. It does include Crysis 3, Far Cry 3 and the new Sim City and the free game selection is actually respectable, I'm looking at you Origin, so someone looking to pick up one of these newer titles might be interested in this still.

http://shop.ubi.com/store?SiteID=ubina&Action=ContentTheme&pbPage=BOGO&ThemeID=29282800

Edit: There are some games outside the list that I got it to work with but not all over $19.90 so YMMV.

True that. I was all set to buy Settlers 7 Deluxe Gold for 19.99 and get a free Heroes VI Gold, when I noticed the listing of "any" qualifying games didn't have Settlers 7.

Yup, the stupidity from EA was contagious.

It's a little better than I thought, went back and tried some other titles on a lark and there are others outside the list that work but not all of them still. I had the same thought as you Kildar and wanted to get Settlers and Heroes VI but no dice.

[quote name='Platinumstorm']could you preorder the heroes 6 expansion and then get heroes 6 for free? That actually wouldn't be a half-bad deal.[/QUOTE]

It works.

Does Settlers still have the crappy always-on DRM? I wanted to get Trials Evo and either Settlers 7 or Rayman. I already played the crap out of Rayman on PS3 so I was leaning more toward Settlers if it doesn't still have the always-on stuff.

Edit: I just found this on the Steam Forums. So apparently the always-on is gone. Going to grab Trials and Settlers 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back