Uplay Free Game For 5 Friend Referrals (Beyond Good And Evil and More)

So somebody questioned Ubisoft support on their Facebook page about this.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/753468-Valentine-s-promo?p=8925117&viewfull=1#post8925117

The response was:

"Hello, I was unfamiliar with this promotion until you brought this up. I have found the email you are referring to but it is still not clear to me how the game will be offered to you after adding the friends on the website as was suggested in the message. Please visit http://forums.ubi.comand post this question in the Uplay forum so that the Uplay team can see it and provide a concrete answer for you. Sorry for the confusion and I hope that they can clear this up for you soon. Thank you"

Christ they are as bad as Steam support. Well no, they're at least a step up because they admit they don't know something instead of pulling something out of their butts or using an eenie meenie miney mo canned reply telling you to defrag your hard drive or reboot or something completely unrelated.

Still, a search of the official ubi forums is coming up with nada other than people predictably looking to friend. I guess we all just have to wait until the 24th and hope something happens.

[quote name='Punisher138']This whole thing is suspect[/QUOTE]
I feel that same way I am so over this Ubisoft should know better

Suspect or not, I sent a number of friend requests. I needed to set up uplay anyway. If anyone needs to send some out I'm tgilberg.

From The Ubisoft Forums

Thank you for contacting us.

The Valentine's Day promotion is not over yet. What is going to happens is, everyone who participated and meets all criteria will receive an email after the final promotion date.

This email will include details on how to proceed.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know and we will be glad to help."

[quote name='Neku233']From The Ubisoft Forums

Thank you for contacting us.

The Valentine's Day promotion is not over yet. What is going to happens is, everyone who participated and meets all criteria will receive an email after the final promotion date.

This email will include details on how to proceed.

If you have any further questions or concerns, let us know and we will be glad to help."[/QUOTE]

Promo is over. Anyone get an email yet? I got nothing so far.

[quote name='Punisher138']Promo is over. Anyone get an email yet? I got nothing so far.[/QUOTE]

Nothing here and it's 3 days past the end date now.

What a scam.

Okay I just got mine in my email now. I guess they finally got their shit figured out. Either that or they noticed me bitching about it on the Ubi forums and sent it to the email address I have tied to my Ubi forum account.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay I just got mine in my email now. I guess they finally got their shit figured out. Either that or they noticed me bitching about it on the Ubi forums and sent it to the email address I have tied to my Ubi forum account.[/QUOTE]

Just got mine too. Nice!

[quote name='stoned99']So the code seems good for just about anything, including physical copies, or am I misreading it ?[/QUOTE]

It worked on the 360 version of Ghost Recon Future Soldier(X360) but it charges shipping($9+tax) so I opted for Rainbow Six Vegas PC. The email stated physical copies would ship free but that wasn't the case. -
This code is good for one free game* from the Uplay™ Shop on Ubisoft® titles. Should you choose a physical game, shipping and handling will be included for free.

[quote name='retail sucks']It worked on the 360 version of Ghost Recon Future Soldier(X360) but it charges shipping($9+tax) so I opted for Rainbow Six Vegas PC. The email stated physical copies would ship free but that wasn't the case. -[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was trying to order GRFS for 360 too, but then I saw they wanted me to pay $8.75 for S/H so I didnt submit it. I sent an email to support about it because the email clearly states that S/H is included for free. Waiting to hear back.

The shipping and handling issue is fixed. Was able to get GRFS shipped for $0.00 but had to settle on the PS3 version because 360 was OOS. Still, not bad for just adding people to my friend list!

[quote name='MysterD']So, I got my coupon...
...Where is the list of what games this coupon works on?[/QUOTE]

Seriously :/

Click the link in the email

Well I got my email yesterday. Clicked thru and tried to add Ghost Recon, but kept hitting an error and saying "Your Cart is Empty". Guess it was out of stock? But then why was it on the list???? Anyway, emailed CS and they said to try back again today. So, I try again just now, and the only game I can order is some pos NCIS game I would never play. Woopee!!!

[quote name='jupiterjones']Well I got my email yesterday. Clicked thru and tried to add Ghost Recon, but kept hitting an error and saying "Your Cart is Empty". Guess it was out of stock? But then why was it on the list???? Anyway, emailed CS and they said to try back again today. So, I try again just now, and the only game I can order is some pos NCIS game I would never play. Woopee!!![/QUOTE]

I had a feeling GR wouldnt last. I was shocked when I saw it was on the list. Who the hell would chose a download of a $10 pc game over a $30 physical copy of a recent release. Even if I dont like it I can still get decent TIV for it.

If I were you I wouldnt jump on that copy of NCIS. The coupon is good till the 15th I think. I'd check the list every day until then to see if they add anything new/better.

If anyone did not receive the free game email yet; create a new support ticket in the below categories. Support contacted me today to choose a game on list, so they can send me a promo to get a free game.

Game
  • Uplay Shop

Category
  • Uplay Shop Support
  • Coupons / Promo Codes

[quote name='usagi']If anyone did not receive the free game email yet; create a new support ticket in the below categories. Support contacted me today to choose a game on list, so they can send me a promo to get a free game.

Game
  • Uplay Shop

Category
  • Uplay Shop Support
  • Coupons / Promo Codes
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I didn't get an email so I just opened a support ticket and will see what happens.

bread's done
Back