Upright DVD Player?

Pick up a used PS2 fat which can be used either vertically or horizontally ...be sure to get a SCPH-50000 or higher model number to get the in built IR reciever for the DVD remote plus progressive scan output)...Since the drive door pops out, it fits in even tighter vertical spaces than even the PS2 slim (which requires space for the drive door to swing away from the unit. While these units are getting a bit old, they're probably a reliable as some of those no name $40 dvd players. I use one vertically in my kitchen just because it was the easiest vertical dvd player I could find. You can find them on Ebay for $60-80 or so...sometimes bundled with the remote.

[quote name='K_G']Pick up a used PS2 fat which can be used either vertically or horizontally .. [/QUOTE]

So can the slims. Anyway when I worked at walmart (a few years back) we had one that was vertical. I think it was made by memorex. It was really popular for some reason, and cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/Memorex-MVD2030-Vertical-Progressive-Scan-Player/dp/B00008N6Y7
417J7J2DHQL._SS400_.jpg

Now you just need to find somewhere that sells it.

Insignia makes a wonderful upconverting DVD player that not only is upright, but does not use a tray. You simply feed it DVDs much like a PS3/Wii. It was sold at Best Buy last year but I believe it was discontinued. Its a REALLY great DVD player.

bread's done
Back