URG: Anyone know where I can find double/triple couplers and component cables cheap?

RoganSarine

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Firstly, I need them locally... But I can't think of any stores that would have them for non-over-priced prices.

For instance, a coupler should not be ten bucks, and a component cable should be 10-15 bucks MAX.

I found a couple at walmart, but they're online only and I kind of need them for the weekend. I tried NCIX, but all their couplers are at their Toronto Warehouse...

Futureshop/BestBuy don't have ANY to speak of.

The Source doesn't have any left, and if they do, they're overpriced SINGLES which would cost me like 50 bucks.

I'm in BC, Coquitlam.

If you're urgent, buy them from anywhere, but also place an order from Monoprice.com. When the Monoprice order arrives, return the overpriced hardware. I'd call around to local WM's, BB's, FS's, Zellers, and maybe even Dollar Stores; you might get lucky.

Thanks. I never realized (or maybe back in the day they didn't) monoprice shipped to canada. And actually, I forgot they existed until you mentioned it (even though I use them for cables quite frequently).

Does the source have a 30-day return policy regardless of opened packaging like futureshop?

Monoprice ships to Canada. They charge actual USPS shipping, so it's not crazy or nothing.

Anywho. Check dollar stores for triple couplers. I got the last one I needed from a nearby one recently for $1.

Does anyone know the customs charged on twenty five before shipping ($40 after)? Just curious as to what to expect because I normally get stuff shipped gift.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the Post Office.

Mail Items Valued at Less Than $20CDN
The CBSA does not assess duty or tax on mail items valued at $20CDN or less. However, this general rule does not apply to certain products including intoxicating beverages, cigars, cigarettes, manufactured tobacco, and publications where the supplier is required to register under the Excise Tax Act. Also, this may not be combined with other exemptions.

The CBSA does not consider items to be of low value in cases where a single transaction is split into smaller shipments to keep the value below $20CDN.

bread's done
Back