Urgent question about male business wear

Lieutenant Dan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
So I bought a white Nautica dress shirt today. I open it up and there is a small navy blue nautica symbol on the pocket. Is this considered professional or is it something to avoid?

By business do you mean pants, and a dress shirt?

Or are you going to wear a coat with it? Technically if your wearing a suit, or coat it's not professional to have symbols. But I say if they can't see it who cares. If your just wearing the dress shirt with pants the symbol is fine.

I'm not wearing it with a suit. I'm wearing it to the office with dress pants and a tie.

Even if it's considered "okay" to wear, is it something that should be avoided?

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']I'm not wearing it with a suit. I'm wearing it to the office with dress pants and a tie.

Even if it's considered "okay" to wear, is it something that should be avoided?[/QUOTE]

Logos are fine when it comes to just pants, and a tie. IIRC that Nautica logo isn't even a inch tall.

I don't see why it should be avoided. Its not a huge logo, and your not wearing it with a suit.

[quote name='Graystone']Logos are fine when it comes to just pants, and a tie. IIRC that Nautica logo isn't even a inch tall.

I don't see why it should be avoided. Its not a huge logo, and your not wearing it with a suit.[/quote]

Okay, thanks for your help. I'm new to this whole business thing.

Yeah, you should be fine. I wear Polo (with the horse logo) shirts all day, every day (as do a lot of casual business pros)...

[quote name='Graystone']Logos are fine when it comes to just pants, and a tie. IIRC that Nautica logo isn't even a inch tall.

I don't see why it should be avoided. Its not a huge logo, and your not wearing it with a suit.[/quote]

qft

[quote name='keithp']You're fine.

Rule of thumb is as long as the logo isn't bigger than a single nipple it's ok.[/QUOTE]

O RLY

You haven't seen many nipples.

j/k

I don't see why it should be avoided. Its not a huge logo, and your not wearing it with a suit.[/QUOTE]

You should be fine in this case like Graystone said. In the future just watch out for logos...most dress shirts wont come with them (I always find it funny looking to have a tie on and a shirt with a logo...might just be me).

If you are doing something business casual with a pair of slacks and a shirt (no tie) then I think having a logo on the shirt is perfectly fine and probably more desirable than having a plain shirt.

bread's done
Back