US 1600 microsoft points card work in Canada?

Maybe not so stupid. I have only bought one card (1600) in the States and it DID NOT work. Kept saying the code was invalid, but when I called MS support, they said the code should work. So there actually could be something that keeps an American card from working on a Canadian XBL account. I got the card on sale and to try and exchange it would have been a big hassle, so I never got another one. I really don't know if this was a one-off occurrence or not, just be aware.

Yeah, if you're in Japan you'll need a Japanese credit card or Japanese points card. An alternative is to create a US Live account and use US points card on that. If you log in to your Japanese account, the content should still be on your hard drive and you should still be able to play it.

I'm in the U.S. but have a Japanese system and account set up as well. I want to get the "Senko no Rondo Rev X" avatars and themes. fuck Ubi Soft, you snooze, you lose. G.Rev is getting my money.

Just create an american account and redeem the points on that. Any content downloaded from any account on the same xbox 360 can be used by all other accounts.

I actually made a thread on this a while ago.

[quote name='imcrazy']Just create an american account and redeem the points on that. Any content downloaded from any account on the same xbox 360 can be used by all other accounts.

I actually made a thread on this a while ago.[/quote]
Bingo. Somebody suggested this to me. I was so happy because I thought I was screwed with the Point Card that I bought in the US (1600).
Bought TMNT and SOTN.

[quote name='imcrazy']Just create an american account and redeem the points on that. Any content downloaded from any account on the same xbox 360 can be used by all other accounts.

I actually made a thread on this a while ago.[/quote]

The content he wants seems to be exclusive to the Japanese marketplace though.

If you bitch loud enough, MS customer support will eventually credit your account with points.

I bought two 1600 cards over eBay and while it took a while, they did cave.

bread's done
Back