US Army: Enemy of the president according to Chris Matthews

Did you even listen for context? "Maybe an enemy camp" means that the cadets didn't look enthused to see the President at all. He caved and gave them extra troops and they looked like they couldn't give a damn.

[quote name='depascal22']Did you even listen for context? "Maybe an enemy camp" means that the cadets didn't look enthused to see the President at all. He caved and gave them extra troops and they looked like they couldn't give a damn.[/QUOTE]
Blah blah blah. I already heard his lame apology where he said his choice of words may not have been great, and it's about as believable as your excuse. Unfortunately, common sense says it wasn't a bad choice of words, it was a Freudian slip. He said what he meant. He grew up in a time when he could call all soldiers baby killers and get a pat on the back for doing it.

I'd be less than enthused too if my boss didn't know what the heck he was doing and his incompetence could get me killed. I don't blame just Obama in this, this has been a problem with every President after Bush senior.

Despite our superiority in technology, the U.S. no longer has the political will anymore to win wars. You can't fight a war in a half-assed, "politically correct" manner. If a war is worth fighting, then it is the duty of the civilian and military leadership to ensure victory is achieved as completely and quickly as possible regardless of the political or diplomatic fallout. Otherwise, we're just sending more of our troops pointlessly into the meat grinder.

"No nation has ever benefited from a protracted conflict." - Sun Tzu, "Art of War"

[quote name='deathscythehe']Blah blah blah. I already heard his lame apology where he said his choice of words may not have been great, and it's about as believable as your excuse. Unfortunately, common sense says it wasn't a bad choice of words, it was a Freudian slip. He said what he meant. He grew up in a time when he could call all soldiers baby killers and get a pat on the back for doing it.[/QUOTE]

I took it to mean he was saying the troops are enemies of a Democratic president, just like the shit people used to say about Clinton.

[quote name='deathscythehe']Blah blah blah. I already heard his lame apology where he said his choice of words may not have been great, and it's about as believable as your excuse. Unfortunately, common sense says it wasn't a bad choice of words, it was a Freudian slip. He said what he meant. He grew up in a time when he could call all soldiers baby killers and get a pat on the back for doing it.[/QUOTE]

And you grew up in a time when it's cool to be an internet douche but nobody makes excuses for you. Jealous?

[quote name='elprincipe']Who actually cares about Chris Matthews or anything he says? Anyone?[/QUOTE]

I haven't watched him in a couple of years because it seemed his cheese was all bit slid off his cracker - but from the clips I have seen occasionally since then, it seems his cracker has crumbled as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0ClcIZjmlo

If Bill O'Rielly or Glenn Beck said anything like that you'd see liberal media erupt like John Holmes doing a volcano impression, and we'd see video of it linked next to every time depascal or msut wittingly wrote "faux news" on these forums.

bread's done
Back